Writing for Crikey this week triggered an interesting burst of activity.
- Website traffic doubled for a couple of days.
- I was blogged about by Tim Dunlop over in Murdochland.
- People from my past emerged from the woodwork — including Keith Conlon, the man who first taught me broadcasting.
Weird coincidences upped the traffic too:
- Interest in Australia’s new ambassador to Italy, Amanda Vanstone, led more than 400 people to read my posting about Boost juice bars.
- 200 people looking for live TV coverage of the space shuttle landing found my post about the previous shuttle touchdown.
But I’m still getting plenty of folks looking for those goddam Steve Irwin jokes , or discovering how to spell Vodafone.