Since the list of most popular posts for 2011 was pretty disappointing, just like the previous year, here’s my personal selection of seven more timeless posts for this year. Happy reading!
As usual, this does not include the material I wrote elsewhere, for Crikey, ZDNet Australia, ABC The Drum, Technology Spectator, CSO Online and the rest. That’s all listed on my Media Output page.
- Right, Google, you stupid cunts, this is simply not on! This was my first critique of the Google+ Real Names Policy, and still the most widely read.
- LinkedIn’s inadequate response to privacy stupidity, which was when they opened up people’s profiles for use in third-party advertising without asking first.
- Twitter: a guide for busy paranoids, adapted from a piece I wrote for the NSW Local Government Web Network.
- Tweeting your way out of Paranoia, a video of the presentation I did for the NSW LGWN conference. Yes, it’s related to the previous item.
- 50 to 50 #9: The Space Age, and the companion piece…
- 50 to 50 #9A: The Real Space Age. They’re about my personal experience of the Space Age.
- Goodbye, Artemis, a very personal experience.
You might also like to check out my personal favourites from 2010, 2009 and 2008.
[Update 27 December 2011: Minor corrections to text and HTML markup.]