Watching the trailer tells you everything you need to know.
According to The Hollywood Gossip:
She fake-tans and acts like a bit of a skank. Then again that sums up the whole cast, so what are you really gonna do. That’s just what she does…
Nicole has made headlines already … for having brown skin. Like for real brown. Not tanned, like she’s been rolling in the mud or something. Yech.
Apparently Snooki is such a skank that advertisers have pulled out of the series.
“I just have one thing to say to Domino’s, Dell, UNICO and all the other haters out there: Fuck you! If you don’t want to watch, then don’t watch.”
Snooki added: “Just shut the hell up! I’m serious… Fuck you!”
UNICO, the Italian-American organisation that claims the show perpetuates negative stereotypes, plans to keep pressuring sponsors to boycott the show.
“She is not an embarrassment to Italian Americans. She is actually an embarrassment to the entire human race!!!!” UNICO said of Snooki in a statement.
Apparently Snooki’s idea of the ideal man is the Guido stereotype.
Given the monumental appropriateness of naming an entire sub-class of humanity after this woman — and I do mean sub-class — other suggestion faded in comparison.
That said, I should give a hat-tip to those who took the time to suggest alternative words.
- Fugly from Mandy Cameron, skank says Dave Kerridge and fries says Paul Green. Sadly, I think they’re a bit too generic — though I do like the pun in “fries”. I was after something specific.
- Goldcoast drumstick and Miami mumble from @jplonie.
- Jersey whore from @thewinchesterau. Can someone fill me in on why New Jersey in particular?
- Basted, says Blair Martin.
- Orangacelulitis from @thegrenville.
- Orange wobble from Johanna Baker-Dowdell and orange peel from Lizzie P.
- Broadmeadows from Warwick Rendell. I do like the local Melbourne touch there.
- Chicken tikka from Stephen Owen. Yeah, but I’m not sure the Indian reference works?
- Continuing the Indian theme, though, 2 serves of Tandoori take away? As in ‘Take it away! Take it away!’ suggests @xutraa.
- Apricot chicken (drumsticks) reckons Andrew Nicholson.
- Smoked Pork Thigh says Bruce Everett.
- Orange roughy says Jason W Ryan. Sure, but what about the Space Vixen Deputy Prime Minister?
Thank you, all,but Snooki really does win out here I think.
An awful lot of these are food references. Can anyone explain that?