Last night I joined ’Pong at the launch of Mardi Gras: The Slide Show. Right now you can see some of his photos from before the Parade and during the Parade and the Mardi Gras Party projected onto the shopfront at 72 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst. While doing this I learned 6 things.
- Snakebean, at 85 Oxford Street, is worth checking out, since the food they provided for the party was delightful.
- If the smiling waiter keeps topping up your champagne you can say, with complete truthfulness, “I only had one glass.”
- If the café you were planning to adjourn to is closed, there’s a dive selling alcohol just around the corner. It’s open late, even on Tuesdays.
- If you become engrossed in a conversation about military history with the heavily-built heavily-tattooed ex-biker, you will miss the barman calling “last drinks”.
- If the heavily-built heavily-tattooed ex-biker has local knowledge about another pub which is still open and which is only a short walk away, you should choose not to act upon this knowledge.
- No, you really should.
6 Replies to “6 Lessons from Last Night”
Did we follow what the wise man said, eh?
Why? Can’t you remember, â€™Pong? 😉
These guidelines will soon be available on a handy, wallet-sized, laminated card from the ‘merchandise’ section of this blog.
Oh, if only they were, Richard…
Oops! i can’t 😛
Comments are closed.