As we begin a new and somewhat rainy Monday here in Sydney, it’s worth reflecting on my world as revealed through Twitter.
- If only cats ate cockroaches my two most significant household chores would cancel out.
- The only thing a VCR is good for is to watch old porno movies.
- “Luxurious possum fur” is an oxymoron.
- Twitter is (like all networks) just an amplifier. Natural news-bringers bring news. Natural wankers wank.
- Total Eclipse of the Heart has the most sensible music video of any song ever.
- “Wynyard Hotel, the sign saying ‘restrooms maintained to highest standard’ doesn’t stop stale urine smell.”
- As we all know, cardio fitness is improved through gin.
- “Do not insert in ear canal” is sage advice.
Now what sort of impression of me does that give? And what will this week bring?
[Credit: Cartoon Twitter-bird courtesy of Hugh MacLeod. Like all of Hugh’s cartoons published online, it’s free to use.]
2 Replies to “My week through Twitter”
What does he modern 21st century person do when they want to watch the ancient movie on ABC-TV (or anything that’s on free-to-air) and they don’t have a VHS anymore?
I’m only asking as a fossil who still has a VCR and realises that they’re history, but isn’t tech-savvy enough to know what replaces it.
@Snif: Two choices. If you want a specific device, then what you’re after is called a DVR (digital video recorder) or a PVR (personal video recorder), which records digital video material on a hard drive and/or blank DVDs. Or, you just find what you want on BitTorrent and it magically appears on your computer.
Comments are closed.