October 22nd, 2013

@girlgerms I know, right? But if you say it you get banned! How stupid is that?

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to girlgerms

@domknight Look, are these more of those “fact” things? What even are they? Facts are for the weak.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to domknight

Wait, what? This is MONITORED?

amateursuman DELETED SCENE FROM ALIENS:
“I can’t open the milk!”
“In space, no-one can. Here, use cream.”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:21 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Possibly this is heading in an unfavourable direction.

via Janetter for Mac

SHUT UP THE UNIFORM CRIMINAL CODE IS JUST WORDS.

via Janetter for Mac

If you have people like this in your office, is there any reason why you have not set fire to their desk? Are you that useless?

via Janetter for Mac

Do you know any of these people? Do you respect them? Have you punched them REALLY HARD in the face? No? You prick. You useless prick.

via Janetter for Mac

But quietly, think about it. A million people who get excited about faded pop stars in rotating chairs have a vote to choose the government.

via Janetter for Mac

“The skinks are alright.” Thanks, @dananimal, that’s the only sensible tweet in Australia today.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @TheDapperPanda: OMG LIKE THE ONE WITH THE COOKING AND ELIMINATIONS?! I LOVE THAT SHOW [FUCK YEAH GAMIFY ALL THE TELEVISIONS YOU CUNTS.]

via Janetter for Mac

A least a skink has a blue tongue, which is kinda interesting. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR TONGUE YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF FILTH?

via Janetter for Mac

And then some fucktard says “Oh, yeah, OK.” Because they’re pretty much almost more intelligent than a skink and about as low.

via Janetter for Mac

I HAVE AN AMAZING IDEA FOR A TELEVISION PROGRAM IT IS JUST LIKE ONE THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN BUT WITH A DIFFERENT TITLE SALARY PLEASE.

via Janetter for Mac

Who the fuck signs off on these imbeciles getting six-figure salaries?

via Janetter for Mac

“But we are the media overlords of Australia! We have a faded pop star in a rotating chair!” Christ! You do! I am so fucking sorry!

via Janetter for Mac

Plod plod plod. Program schedule sector 5 part 4 must be obeyed. Plod plod plod. Fuck the lot of you.

via Janetter for Mac

So why is @BBC_WHYS the media outlet engaging with the bushfire areas tonight, not anyone in Australia?

via Janetter for Mac

And yet, @kjmci, there’ll be a plausible-denial chain of indirect relationships. “Oh, we had NO IDEA they’d do that!” Yeah fuckin’ right.

via Janetter for Mac

kjmci Seriously, look at this shit. Same words different orders. Sometimes exactly the same. pic.twitter.com/8U5n1vl5BT

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:53 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@bernietb @smperris That’s Oz Weather HD for iPad. itunes.apple.com/au/app/oz-weat… There’s slimmed down iPhone and Android versions.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to bernietb

Yes, @smperris, it just got hotter in Sydney, it not by much. pic.twitter.com/29YPe3RWf3

via Tweetbot for iOS

BBC_WHYS We’re live discussing Facebook’s decision to allow violent videos on the site. Tweet us using Listen: bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:33 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

… and my “The digital revolution’s lingering literacy problem”, 30 Sep. zdnet.com/the-digital-re… @tldr

via Janetter for Mac

“Majority of Australian small business suffering under digital illiteracy” by @dobes, 16 Oct zdnet.com/majority-of-au… @tldr

via Janetter for Mac

The latest @tldr podcast is a great lesson on the “digital literacy” issues we’ve been writing about lately. onthemedia.org/story/4-unicor…

via Janetter for Mac

@ApostrophePong @kcarruthers Exactly. Typewriters are still used for NCR (no carbon required) multi-page forms. Lawyers. Police.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to ApostrophePong

@kcarruthers But… but… you just print… and write stuff… and it’s like Spooky Photocopying at a Distance.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kcarruthers

Amused by the fact that @kcarruthers had to ask “one of the older ladies in the office” for help to send a fax today.

via Janetter for Mac

Email to @bunjaree account: “Do you know Julia Gillard, Paul Wallbank and Pia Waugh on Twitter?” Hah! @JuliaGillard @paulwallbank @piawaugh

Dealing with the sake.

via Tweetbot for iOS

I am starving, so I’m going to grab a snack now. If anyone wants me, you know how to find me.

via Janetter for Mac

@safzoro As the commissioner said, a lot has happened in the last decade.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to safzoro

@safzoro It means they have a plan, know how long it takes to execute, and currently they’re far enough ahead of the fire not to press “Go”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to safzoro

I tell you what, the @NSWRFS Commissioner is delivering these messages well. He’s taking some bold steps here, but people feel it’s right.

via Janetter for Mac

Journo: “Is this one of the biggest fire threats you’ve ever faced?” @NSWRFS Commissioner: “It sure is.”

via Janetter for Mac

@R_Chirgwin Yeah call Alex. My cab arrived just as they were all doing “Hail, well met”.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to R_Chirgwin

I suppose I should tell @R_Chirgwin that just as I left the fireys arrived to discuss defensive lines. Currently 18km from the fire.

via Janetter for Mac

Actually, I’ll watch the 1730 briefing from @NSWRFS first, to see just how large a drink I’ll want.

via Janetter for Mac

So, I’m between Town Hall and Darling Harbour, and would not be averse to a drink around now. [Blinks.]

via Janetter for Mac

@Smithy_kath @garystark And “lovely” until you remember he was just evacuated from the bushfire zone. The impression was of loneliness.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Smithy_kath

@mogadeet Thanks, though it’s @R_Chirgwin who needs it. I’ll be increasingly distant as the day unfolds.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mogadeet

Thanks for the ideas, @jonoabroad @joannejacobs @jojoeffe @kimogrady1, though it’s all sorted now. I think.

via Janetter for Mac

@BobGrrl I know what you mean, though to be honest I’m not very attached to “stuff” any more.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BobGrrl

@random830 The rail line is cut between Mt Victoria and Lithgow however. I am not confident about the bit near Springwood tomorrow.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to random830

No, not evacuating, @morebento, this is a work trip planned a few weeks back. Sydney tonight, Melbourne tomorrow.

via Janetter for Mac

I am in Sydney. I am checked in. Thanks to friends and the international cabal of bankers, I seem to have covered tomorrow’s dramas too.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh well, one complexity at a time. Periscope down while I run these last few pensive kilometres into Sydney.

via Tweetbot for iOS

Somehow I still have to work out how to pay for the hotel in Melbourne tomorrow when the funds arrive Thursday. Tonight’s task.

via Tweetbot for iOS

@wolfcat My departure is completely independent of the fires. I booked Sydney tonight, then Melbourne from tomorrow, for work reasons.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to wolfcat

Everyone walks slowly. Not dawdling, or even ambling, but knowing that their energy will be needed tomorrow.

via Janetter for Mac

Neighbour, taxi driver, random stranger. We all quietly exchanged what information and predictions we had, nodded, and were silent a while.

via Janetter for Mac

The guilt I felt last night returns. It’s hard-wired, no? The tribe faces danger, but I am leaving. No-one is under any illusions up there.

via Janetter for Mac

workmanalice Amazing photo from a friend in Katoomba on the road to Blackheath. pic.twitter.com/7wrRgQ2f0X

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:21 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

702sydney Backburn at continues Photo: pic.twitter.com/ahXixBNC6w

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:20 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

702sydney Incredible photo of @NSWRFS firefighter engulfed in flame and crawling out of the fire.He is OK pic.twitter.com/9prfXqBMDG

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:20 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

We descend past Glenbrook. We haven’t seen a burnt tree, let alone a house. Knowing the destruction is there, invisible, is more menacing.

via Janetter for Mac

In all directions, the sky is the colour of an old pair of suede desert boots, smoke mixed with cloud mixed with gentle raindrops.

via Janetter for Mac

Earlier she apologised for the train being two minutes late, because they’d waited for buses evacuating people from the Mt Victoria area.

via Janetter for Mac

“Now arriving at Springwood”, chirpy young female train guard over the PA. Such a contrast.

via Janetter for Mac

As we come into Springwood, the smell of eucalypt smoke in the train gets much stronger, and shifts. The smell of a burnt town. Silence.

via Janetter for Mac

ABCemergency .@NSWRFS encourages every parent in a area to know where their children are tomorrow. They must be able to act quickly to warnings

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:55 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NSWRFS Commissioner: All schools in Blue Mountains closed tomorrow, as well as some schools in Sthn Highlds and Hawkesbury. List soon.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:53 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NSWRFS Commissioner: “Forecast for tomorrow worse than we have been talking about for last few days”.

Approaching Linden now, and the areas affected by the Springwood fire. The valleys are full of smoke.

via Janetter for Mac

The wedding photo still has Blu-tack on the frame. The old man is travelling alone.

via Janetter for Mac

Sitting nearby is an old man with a small older-style suitcase and a shopping bag containing a photo album and a framed wedding photo.

via Janetter for Mac

The quiet carriage is even quieter than usual, apart from three rowdy teenage lads who just got off the train at Lawson.

via Janetter for Mac

There are few passengers, and most of them are older, with suitcases. They are not tourists.

via Janetter for Mac

I’m on the 1424 from Wentworth Falls. It would’ve been standing at Mt Victoria, near the fire. Despite aircon, it reeks of eucalypt smoke.

via Janetter for Mac

Mobile: Taxi to Wentworth Falls; 1424 train to Sydney Central; train to Town Hall station; walk to accommodation; start to de-stress.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @Colgo: MAPS: the Blue Mountains bushfires to scale against major global cities bit.ly/HbR8T7 [Nice, @liztayau.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ApostrophePong: There’s a fire drill at the building this morning. No one turns up at the office. [So ultimate realism then…]

via Janetter for Mac

MarkDiStef The Lithgow fire: 50,000 hectares in volume, 300km in perimeter. Look at it compared to the size of Sydney pic.twitter.com/nOElpRe38A

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:39 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @Christydunks: Because “freelancer” is a euphemism? It’s like being the mistress instead of the wife. Wife has legal protections. [Yup.]

via Janetter for Mac

Thanks to a great friend, I’ll be catching the next train to Sydney and check in. Tomorrow is another day, which can be handled tonight.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @michaelneale: I think it is a troll rain that only serves to stop backburns and preparation for fire. [Agreed.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @ScottRhodie: @stilgherrian @dobes brunnershop.com/en/Garden-gnom… [I knew as soon as I said it that I’d be wrong. Sigh.]

via Janetter for Mac

@dobes There is no such thing as a chocolate garden gnome.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dobes

LOUDBOT JOHN MCCAIN WEARS A LIGHT JACKET TO THE GROCERY STORE BECAUSE IT GETS CHILLY IN THE REFRIGERATED AISLE

via BITCHES DON'T KNOW 'BOUT MY INTENSIVE AERIAL BOMBARDMENT (retweeted on 1:09 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@jonoabroad @michaelneale @skwashd Well, @Pozible will soon launch a subscription service, which would be ideal.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jonoabroad

phbarratt Please retweet: C’mon folks, we need another $2,044 to launch Australia21’s asylum seeker project. Your $20 will help pozible.com/project/33876

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:03 PM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@dobes I don’t know. Is there a YouTube video?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dobes

Oh I can’t sustain all that noise.

via Janetter for Mac

@domknight @leslienassar [I CAN SO DO THAT IT WOULD BE LIKE FEAR AND LOATHING AT PONYCON YEAH LET’S DO IT.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to domknight

RT @franksting: I wonder if I should go mad and delete all my mute filters. [I THINK YOU SHOULD MAYBE THINK THAT THROUGH.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @LOUDBOT: @stilgherrian DANCEFLOOR DANCEFLOOR REVOLUTION [FUCKING EXACTLY MOTHERFUCKERS.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @LOUDBOT: IT IS GLORIOUS INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY (OCTOBER 22ND, UTC MOTHERFUCKERS) [WHAT A FUCKING EXCELLENT IDEA .]

via Janetter for Mac

@werdhan @domknight Maybe there should be an optional assigned-by-taxpayer part of the budget.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to egadheg

@skwashd Ah bummer, and thanks, but save it, ‘cos I’ll be doing another to cover Kiwicon if people like what I do here.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to skwashd

@leslienassar @domknight Well, I’ll try for the Kiwicon hacker conference in Wellington next, but there’s a push for me to cover Ponycon.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to leslienassar

It’s gone noon. The @Pozible portal closes. Thanks to 74 supporters pledging $4030 (223% of initial target) I’ll cover Breakpoint & Ruxcon.

via Janetter for Mac

@domknight Yep, delighted and gobsmacked. As I said before, this when climbing out of depression is amazing. A complex mix of emotions.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to domknight

RT @jplonie: over 4k [So it is, Sir, thank you.]

via Janetter for Mac

Shit. I forgot to check whether that was meant to be anonymous. Doh.

via Janetter for Mac

At 15 minutes to go it’s $4000 precisely. Well played, @domknight! ;) pozible.com/corruptednerds1

via Janetter for Mac

JohnFugelsang Every fish you catch and release goes home with an alien abduction story.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:45 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Elmo_Keep How many people on Twitter are aware that more than 95% of Australians aren’t engaged with it regularly? Circle jerk of imagined influence.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:45 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@PointZeroOne Well at least some do. Seriously, though, it’s been astonishing. I’m gobsmacked. Especially while climbing out of depression.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to PointZeroOne

RT @PointZeroOne: reckon you’ll crack $4,000 in the last few minutes? [It’s looking quite possible. I am still totally astounded.]

With 20 minutes to go, it hits $3,943. pozible.com/corruptednerds1

via Janetter for Mac

@cheshireb @Pozible Oh it’s my own damn fault for creating such tight deadlines. And relying on bureaucracies.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to cheshireb

Tue plan, finally: @Pozible project administration; train to Sydney, time TBA; sort cashflows; open a large bottle of wine, to begin with.

via Janetter for Mac

With 27 minutes to go, the @Pozible is at $3913 pledged. That’s really quite remarkable. pozible.com/corruptednerds1

via Janetter for Mac

@cheshireb It’s the clients that are the pain. @Pozible’s policy is a sensible 7-days-after-finish to allow time for chasing card problems.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to cheshireb

RT @kimogrady1: sub contractors are a businesses second bank :-/ [All true, that too.]

via Janetter for Mac

So they’re not exactly “Hey, it’s all cool!” words from @NSWRFS. This cooler, cloudy morning at Wentworth Falls is deceptive.

via Janetter for Mac

NSWRFS Commissioner: “Use today to prepare. Use tonight to check your Bush Fire Survival Plan.” rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_content.cf…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:23 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NSWRFS Community Meeting 5.30 Katoomba/Leura Rural Fire Station ow.ly/q2Aae, residents in these areas are encouraged to attend

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 11:22 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NSWRFS Commissioner: “I plead with people don’t be complacent. Rain will have negligible effect with only a few mls likely”.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:22 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @alexkidman: Sadly, you know the answer to that: Because they get away with it. They’d do the same to staff if they could. [All true.]

via Janetter for Mac

All that was just me venting stress. I’m in the process of sorting out cashflows. But it explains why today’s plan has been clusterfail.

via Janetter for Mac

I do wonder why organisations think it’s OK to be slack with freelancers in ways that’d never cut it for the staff payroll.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @R_Chirgwin: You could just about hear the smile after the words “light precipitation”. [Yes, it’s cooler and cloudy up here today. Joy.]

via Janetter for Mac

It’s mostly laughing now. The steady stream of helicopters and fire control messages help keep everything in perspective.

via Janetter for Mac

So my laughter-anger-screaming-kittenstabbing earlier was that plus the spillage (don’t ask) plus the clusterfail that is Tuesday.

via Janetter for Mac

2. Bureaucratic glitches gutted my bank account, the @Pozible funds drop towards the end of the month, and nought else drops until Thursday.

via Janetter for Mac

1. With just one hour to go, my @Pozible to cover Breakpoint and Ruxcon is at $3883 (215% of initial target). Thanks! pozible.com/corruptednerds1

via Janetter for Mac

The next two things that I’ll tweet would be a delicious irony, except that I haven’t solved the problem of de-ironicalisationing them yet.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @HWAevents: Map of the internet in 1969 @stilgherrian pic.twitter.com/DxraxVXabi [Yep, that’s be the one. Small beginnings…]

via Janetter for Mac

And… the radio is done, complete with dodgy reference to obtaining a “friendly teenager” and the zombie apocalypse. Audio posted soon.

via Janetter for Mac

On hold to talk disaster-prep for your home and family data momentarily on ABC @702sydney. Listen in at abc.net.au/sydney/

via Janetter for Mac

lyndalcurtis In the interest of new words, there is some demothification going on in our office.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:15 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

lyndalcurtis Apparently this is a word: “debottlenecking” (courtesy of a BHP press release).

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:15 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NSWRFS State Mine Fire (Lithgow) is now at Watch & Act. Residents are advised to continue to monitor the situation

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 9:55 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@RNFutureTense I’m personally OK, thanks Antony. I’ll off to Sydney today and then Melbourne for a week covering hacker conferences.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to RNFutureTense

@jonoabroad You’re thinking of napalm, maybe? A teenager’s best friend!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jonoabroad

RT @GreenJ: There’s a bogong moth on my leg [Worst. Euphemism. Ever.]

via Janetter for Mac

Oh I’m OK, @Samarkhand @franksting, I’m leaving today, as soon as f%@#&@* funds drop into my bank account. Watch @R_Chirgwin though.

via Janetter for Mac

I’m talking disaster-prep for your home and family data on ABC @702sydney at 1005 AEDT (in 30 mins). Listen in at abc.net.au/sydney/

via Janetter for Mac

The area burned out by the combined fire is now more than 40,000 hectares (155 square miles). And of course it’s not the only fire around.

via Janetter for Mac

Yep, @R_Chirgwin, retweeted the @NSWRFS tweet about that join-up being a deliberate backburn strategy to better control the front.

via Janetter for Mac

So @NSWRFS is looking at “aerial ignitions” to start backburning. That is, firebombing. “High-risk deliberate strategies”, he calls it. Yep.

via Janetter for Mac

Here’s the current Google Crisis Maps view of those fires joined together in the west now. goo.gl/6snn4A

via Janetter for Mac

NSWRFS Commissioner: “The Lithgow and Mt Victoria fires have been deliberately and tactically joined near the Darling Causeway.”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:20 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

NSWRFS Commissioner: “Minutes will matter under these conditions - report new fires to 000”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:14 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@MetaMikeBiggs That would be this @Pozible, to cover Breakpoint and Ruxcon this week. pozible.com/corruptednerds1

via Janetter for Mac in reply to MetaMikeBiggs

And now for that shower. And then figure out the cashflows between now and when the @Pozible funds drop at the end of the month.

via Janetter for Mac

With 3.5 hours remaining, my @Pozible to cover Ruxcon & Breakpoint is at $3833 (212% of initial target), ends midday. pozible.com/corruptednerds1

via Janetter for Mac

Me at @zdnetaustralia yesterday: “From CIO to CUXO: Chief user experience officer” zdnet.com/from-cio-to-cu…

via Janetter for Mac

Right, in an attempt to stop my alleged “plan” disintegrating further, I’ll do a couple quick plugs and then have a long(-ish) hot shower.

via Janetter for Mac

@michaelneale I hadn’t gotten around to looking at the details, just the start and end times. If true, that’s a handy change.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to michaelneale

I have deleted my earlier tweet about Sydney Trains timetables because I failed to appreciate that “14” and “24” are different things.

via Janetter for Mac

@michaelneale Um, sorry, yes, I’m going to delete that tweet because now that I look properly I see that I cannot read.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to michaelneale

“Westpac hadn’t bothered to check if the furniture they were discarding was empty… ID info like birth certificates and driver’s licenses.”

via Janetter for Mac

[And speaking of Westpac…] RT @richardtuffin: Westpac records found at Canberra tip! the-riotact.com/westpac-accoun…

via Janetter for Mac

Sorry. I mean kittens, @sylmobile. Yes. Kittens.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @sylmobile: I think we need jacaranda pics. [No. We need drugs. LOTS OF STRONG AND POWERFULLY DANGEROUS DRUGS.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @moldor: Overnight - do NOT get me started !! [Thank you. Please take one of these calming lozenges.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @timfdavis: different mainframes; so batch i guess [That’s what I’d guessed, tho Westpac advertises real-time for “selected customers”.]

via Janetter for Mac

Dear Lazyweb, are direct debit bank transfers St George to Westpac instant or overnight?

via Janetter for Mac

Ah, as @Bobosphere might say, today is being such a clusterfail.

via Janetter for Mac

Rearranging all the things.

via Janetter for Mac

@evcricket Yeah, locals have been telling me this is indeed a HUGE emergence of cicadas this year. So. Goddam. Loud.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to evcricket

watermelon_man “Fact-checkers” ABC? We’ve had fact-checkers for 500 years. They are called “scientists”. Start using them.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:25 AM, Oct 22nd, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@watermelon_man Damn. Well, @NSWRFS did say there’d be no real help from the rain. Thanks, @John_Hanna, but there ain’t.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to watermelon_man

The cicadas are starting up. They were also at it in the middle of the night. They sound like this. stilgherrian.com/personal/the-c…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @lionel_bischoff: I just saw your “creepy” face on flickr…. ;)))) [Hah! No, THIS is the creepy face. stilgherrian.com/wp-content/upl…]

via Janetter for Mac

This is the approaching “rain”. It mostly passes south of the Blue Mountains fires. twitpic.com/di9jwo

via Janetter for Mac

There’s actually some raindrops spattering on the roof. This is presumably the herald of forecast showers that’ll do little to the fires.

via Janetter for Mac

New photo: “Deceptively cool and quiet” flickr.com/photos/stilghe…

via Janetter for Mac

The next step is to figure out exactly how much of today’s plan to scratch immediately, and how much to leave in for now.

via Janetter for Mac

Right, I’ve essentially lost almost an hour out of my schedule already, and I haven’t even begun to address the “Where is my money?” issue.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus Yes, but this isn’t intended as a terror attack, but a nation-state to nation-state economic attack.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus That way it’s initially just written off as “a bad day”, but then the bad days continue, and slow escalate.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Once you own a few banking systems, you don’t cripple it, you just screw with 3 or 4% of transactions, stressing everything.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus This sounds like a scenario that I sketched out with [REDACTED] some years ago, in what’s now called a “cyber attack”…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus It would seem so. And this one is making up for all the others so far.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Oh, and look! I spilled the thing that is difficult to clean up into the thing that is difficult to clean. I am really loving this Tuesday.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh well, I can’t figure out the cause until office hours. Meanwhile I’ll work on a coffee Getting to Sydney Plan B. Whatever that might be.

via Janetter for Mac

At this point I’d tweet today’s draft plan, but that depended on my “bank balance situation” being fixed overnight, which it hasn’t been.

via Janetter for Mac

Well yes @Kimota @oberonsghost the combination of heat, cats, the North Sydney Post Office clock and the Lusaka office cancel out, I think.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh. In fact we are not ready to rock’n’roll. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

via Janetter for Mac

Tuesday. And only slightly earlier than planned. Are we ready to rock?