July 15th, 2014

But for now, I bid you adieu.

If someone sees a photo of Mr Rabbit with Rupert Murdoch where Abbott looks like a confident leader rather than nervous underling, do tweet.

The autocab has delivered me back to @bunjaree with minimal personal abuse from the driver. Village life, etc.

I have summoned an autocab.

via Plume for Android

Maybe someone with more patience than me could determine the precise moment the @australian morphed from great broadsheet to group blog.

That level of humourless sycophancy is… oh I give up.

To judge by their Twitter feeds today, the Murdoch employee with the brownest tongue gets to take home a meat tray.

OrkneyLibrary We are currently having technical issues with access to our online services including catalogue. Apologies etc pic.twitter.com/Bub8MbPFK4

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:18 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

R_Chirgwin After “water-cannon” Wilson, you’d think the government would be careful about who it appoints to sinecures. Then you get whack-a-Donnelly.

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 8:13 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Old bloke wanting service, to barmaid: “You took your time getting back in here.” Barmaid: “Well you go and deal with a bunch of arseholes.”

fieldproducer Idea of a reshuffle looks so bizarre out of politics - move a bunch of people not qualified for jobs to other jobs they’re not qualified for

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:06 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

dr_nic “Cheers Rupe!” said Tone, while Murdoch eyed his investment. MT @SharriMarkson: Murdoch & Abbott at The Aus bday pic.twitter.com/FZ2xJs0DYr

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:05 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

I’ve ordered dessert.

@expectproblems This is The Grand View at Wentworth Falls, very much a local village pub.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to expectproblems

Being told someone’s personal story about union demarcation on the waterfront that dates to, oh, the 1840s by the sound of it.

Old bloke: “Fuck, I’ve never seen that, I’m going through for a look.” [Picks up beer and ambles through to the bistro.] (2/2)

Old bloke in front bar: “Is Ben [publican] busy out there [in the bistro]?” Barman: “Yes, he’s working flat out.” (1/2)

I am at least 10 years younger than everyone in this front bar.

@SnarkyPlatypus Mind you, in Africa it took me two days to realise that “logistics support” meant “driver”.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@MikeCarlton01 Yes. Being assigned to be Soapy’s honeytrap in London.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to MikeCarlton01

[EVEN MOAR REDACTED]

If Mr Rabbit were an actual army officer, he’d be the kind that the grunts would agree would have an “accident” and the sergeant take over.

@SnarkyPlatypus And yet Mr Rabbit fetishises being with the military as his best experience as PM. Ms Credlin should muzzle the twat.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

After a round of daft front bar arsehattery, one of the old blokes reminds me, “You come here for the intelligent conversation, right?”

Part of me is hoping they’ve forgotten my order for lamb shanks, ‘cos last time that happened I was fed free wine until chef caught up.

@IRStrutt Well I’ve already suggested using the M-72 LAW.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to IRStrutt

CasparBowden The UK is not really a democratic country

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:16 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RT @SnarkyPlatypus Labour did promise that everybody would have an owl bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi… [True. Excellent policy, should’ve stayed.]

leslienassar Once a year, phys ed teachers should be able to pick a child to brutally murder. Imagine how well the other kids would behave then!

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:12 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

leslienassar “That teacher would probably lose his job now but it was very effective.” Jesus Christ.

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Is David Cameron still Prime Minister? [The real question is whether he’s still inhabited by owls.]

fieldproducer Story of the day - Japanese artist arrested for distributing vagina model for 3D printed kayak ind.pn/1mQFiyF pic.twitter.com/QWC209U4AC

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:10 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

NewtonMark We have a Royal Commission into the assault of children by authority figures, and Pyne’s education advisor wants more of it. No awareness.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 7:10 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

OH: “So, tequila?”

@IRStrutt Maybe, but I don’t trust them arsehats. I’ll be taking precautions.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to IRStrutt

MT @SnarkyPlatypus: Amazing Australia has a political and media class stuck 2-3 decades behind the rest of the country. [It’s not amazing.]

@oberonsghost @SnarkyPlatypus Oh yes! I hope I made a note of the ranger’s name.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to oberonsghost

@mm_ssssshh Excellent. My equivalent was an M113 APC, which we did not sink in the Gawler River at all and you can’t prove it.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mm_ssssshh

@SnarkyPlatypus @oberonsghost Pretty much. I’ll tell the story in the next episode of “The 9pm a Edict”.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@mm_ssssshh I like your thinking. The Bushmaster is apparently a great piece of kit.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mm_ssssshh

Tweets from @SnarkyPlatypus remind me that I haven’t told the full story of me and @oberonsghost on shag protection duty.

The lamb shanks may be a while. It’s Muesday here, 2-for-1 meals on the short menu Mon and Tue. It’s packed with pensioners back there.

I have been informed that lamb shanks are available tonight. I have ordered same.

NewtonMark Fact that he’s Pyne’s education advisor is almost beside the point. Both parties are infested with authoritarian humanity-hating arseholes.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 6:38 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

NewtonMark The guy who wrote Pyne’s education review reminisces about the benefits of a good thrashing behind the bikeshed. arseh.at/4kjo

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 6:37 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RT @R_Chirgwin: Trigger warning: arachnophobes won’t like this. Quite an impressive Huntsman in the kitchen: twitpic.com/e886bw [Beaut!]

SenatorLudlam i don’t know if this is shopped or not, but it sums up the week so far pic.twitter.com/uDmDrWGuov

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:34 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@Aitch_El No, they’re regulars. I know how old they are.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Aitch_El

@mm_ssssshh Obviously, but you need an M-72 LAW against those bullshit things. So I’m told.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mm_ssssshh

Realising that “tool up” is probably a quaint phrase these days.

Hey kids, the 70yo blokes in this front bar just used the term so it’s time to move on.

@BrigadierSlog @oberonsghost Nice work. Though with my preferred automatic I’m good for 9 minutes.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to BrigadierSlog

Well if the Minions of Mosman are going to tool up to deal with the North Shire Crime Wave, I’d better do the same when visiting.

R_Chirgwin In 1967 I set a record at my primary school for “most canings in a year”. Can’t see the value in corporal punishment, really.

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 6:19 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Haha. The mayor of Mosman wants to give council parking inspectors police powers and guns. What a fucking arsehat.

@sylmobile @SnarkyPlatypus Don’t ask me, I won’t be organising it.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to sylmobile

I’ve arrived at The Grand View. Channel Seven news gave data retention fears a solid run. Couldn’t hear what was said.

@nqwatcher Nope, complete opposite. It’s very lightly loaded.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to nqwatcher

I’ve had this happen once before. The train was limping so badly they had to wait for the next train along to couple with it and push.

via Janetter for Mac

This train feels like it could break at any moment. It’s getting increasingly jerky and slow to accelerate as it pulls away from stations.

via Janetter for Mac

@kcarruthers Cue @davpope to depict Cliev as Eris, a big naked female pig with a Golden Apple in his mouth. SkyClievEris. No, too much.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kcarruthers

@eightiestragic @EllyOcean Still, if I lived in one of those houses I’d just change in front of the window ‘cos it wouldn’t be me suffering.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to eightiestragic

That @TheRoastTV is not on while this PUPocalypse is unfolding is a crime for which @mscott should be severely punished. Nothing personal.

via Janetter for Mac

LastWeekTonight If the CIA were being honest, their joke tweets would look more like this…
pic.twitter.com/EGateFdycd

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:47 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@dobes Yeah it’s pretty special, even if I do say so myself. It’s a word made for the digital… oh no, it just gets worse!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dobes

bbclaurak Why does pol-media complex still talk about women as some kind of weird species like a rarely spotted wombat?hands up I’ve done it too

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:44 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Mind you… All hail Clive! All hail Eris! The Discord he is causing really tickles my clieveris. Oh. No, I don’t want to coin that word.

via Janetter for Mac

People tweeting things Cliev said before that are different from what he said later as if the man gives a fuck.

via Janetter for Mac

EllyOcean I bet the kids on grand designs resent their parents when they hit puberty & they have to wank in a cupboard bc they live in a glass box

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:36 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“Australian intelligence agencies to be given new powers”, writes @FarrellPF theguardian.com/world/2014/jul…

via Janetter for Mac

Why not put a Boeing P-8 Poseidon’s sensors and systems into a Bombardier Challenger 605 business jet? dodbuzz.com/2014/07/14/boe… HT @BlogsofWar

via Janetter for Mac

@mpesce Thanks, tho thank @jturner_ibrs for that quote. Oh, and me for leaving it in, I suppose.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mpesce

Me at @crikey_news: “Is a second Snowden spilling more NSA secrets?” Includes @jturner_ibrs. crikey.com.au/2014/07/15/is-… [$, free trial]

via Janetter for Mac

Noticing that certain names have been changed to protect the, erm, “innocent”.

Crossing the Nepean, just after sunset instagram.com/p/qdoE91iFve/

via Instagram

@Joshua_Glenn Thank you. @5at5daily isn’t quite daily, but I do generally find one or two interesting snippets.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Joshua_Glenn

@dobes @SnarkyPlatypus @bbc5live Further evidence that the BBC needs to be launched into the Sun.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dobes

@Syrenya @stripe I’m already registered. But thanks for thinking of me. I’ll miss the first part ‘cos I’m teaching at UTS until 1630.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Syrenya

5at5daily 5at5 number 75: Amateur terrorists, professional drug dealers, hackers, Facebook, and a trip through time. tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5…

via Janetter for Mac (retweeted on 4:52 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@mpesce Why thank you. I’m told that translating those issues into non-tech-speak is a useful thing. I might be doing some more.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mpesce

The view from the soon-to-depart 1621 Lithgow service instagram.com/p/qdg9cliFp3/

via Instagram

Citizens Electoral Council members are handling out their newspaper in Railway Square.

via Plume for Android

OH, young girl to bf: “So how about the first humans to have sex? Was it like, ‘I guess I’ll just put that in there, maybe’?”

via Plume for Android

Back to the south side again… instagram.com/p/qdVW1wiFtH/

via Instagram

I am pretty much finished in North Sydney. Next up is my 1500 meeting at UTS.

via Plume for Android

ginarush Cake sent to @australian from @crikey_news pic.twitter.com/9v4sMovhFI

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:29 PM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Every time the Brocade guy mentions “DPDK” I hear “DVDA” and it isn’t helping.

via Janetter for Mac

At Brocade’s HQ in North Sydney, for a 2-hour “masterclass” in software defined networking (SDN). So, like Grindr and Tinder, I think.

tinderfessions Hooked up with half the USC football team. - Jacinda

via Buffer (retweeted on 11:41 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@expectproblems One of the new track inspection vehicles. HD video and other sensors.

via Plume for Android in reply to expectproblems

RT @michaelneale: @stilgherrian aluminium or wood? [Wood. Easier to embed broken glass into the business end.]

So have we turned off the cloud yet? If so, the next step is to hunt down whoever’s idea it was and get a little baseball bat action going.

tinderfessions Found my dad’s co-workers daughter on tinder now I fuck her every time my dad goes on business trips with her dad - Joe

via Buffer (retweeted on 10:30 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@jturner_ibrs So you found it then. Before I did, even.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jturner_ibrs

via iOS

My sense of humour seems to be aligning with @drearyclocks and I’m starting to worry.

tinderfessions Met my bf off of tinder but tell people we met off of christian mingle..got caught when my friends reminded me that he’s Jewish - Summer

via Buffer (retweeted on 10:03 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

DarrynKing “Squid can ejaculate in our mouths after we cook and eat them.” Rightio, I’m done reading for the day.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:03 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Sulking. On a train.

via Janetter for Mac

Fauxgyptian I am an pick up artist. Hello woman, you are bad. Do you feel yet that you must sex

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:50 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

joshgnosis .@murpharoo suggests Byrne calling for the government to bring data retention legislation is to mess with Brandis. bit.ly/1zD31bl

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:47 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Sudden thought: Can you imagine being assigned to be Soapy’s honeytrap in London? [Shudder.]

via Janetter for Mac

@MsLods @joshgnosis Indeed, I’m interested to see what comes out of London.

via Plume for Android in reply to MsLods

BOCSAR Did you know non-domestic assaults occur more frequently at home or on the street than in licensed premises?

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:32 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@cathywilcox1 @GrogsGamut @JamieMcIlwraith Oh, honesty! How am I expected to put up with this chaos?

via Plume for Android in reply to cathywilcox1

Here is a working link to that dreadful @cathywilcox1 cartoon. Don’t click, whatever you do. pic.twitter.com/JOuj8WOnlO

via Plume for Android in reply to cathywilcox1

@MsLods @joshgnosis Ta for that. I know that I’ll be writing about Soapy’s legislation once it’s extruded from wherever his ideas come from.

via Plume for Android in reply to MsLods

@GreenJ Glad to hear it. It IS beautiful country. Kinda where my family roots lie. That and amongst the Barossadeutsch.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to GreenJ

@engochick Yep that’s pretty much where my head was then, I think.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to engochick

RT @dobes: Revelations that Costello has worked out that he should have challenged in 2006? pic.twitter.com/MDrXDFHf0M [Well played.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dobes

@expectproblems That’s fairly bad. Unacceptably bad, actually.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to expectproblems

The Russians never could get the targeting quite right on their version of HAARP. pic.twitter.com/Jwws6JPK5j

via Janetter for Mac

@chris23 @FCWnow Ah yes, solving the complexity problem by adding another layer of complexity. Always a winner. ;)

via Janetter for Mac in reply to chris23

@engochick What an excellent name for a fantasy novel character. Soilpuke.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to engochick

“Study: More complex networks lead to more disruptions”, reports @FCWnow, surprising no syadmin anywhere. fcw.com/articles/2014/…

via Janetter for Mac

Tue plan: 0924 train to Sydney, work en route; 1200 Brocade, North Sydney; 1500 meeting UTS; 1621 return train, @5at5daily en route; pub?

via Janetter for Mac

BadAlbumCovers Band name of the week
Submitted by @adventuretom pic.twitter.com/i0JH1jJn76

via Twitter for Android Tablets (retweeted on 7:53 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

TheMediaTweets Telegraph also goes with the ‘oppressed white, middle-aged men’ angle… pic.twitter.com/JTEMqEuZO0 (via @hendopolis)

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:52 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

TheMediaTweets The Mail cites the reshuffle as evidence of further discrimination against oppressed white, middle-aged men… pic.twitter.com/BAJHEVfS3h

@joneaves Why were you sniffing a stranger’s beard?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joneaves

“Australian govt says data retention won’t be like failed EU directive”, writes @joshgnosis zdnet.com/au/australian-…

SwiftOnSecurity Derp detector onlin… BEEP BEEP BEEP pic.twitter.com/XKNvGXyqaX

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:33 AM, Jul 15th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@SnarkyPlatypus But a point forgotten about spying is that it’s often secret not because of methods but because of targets and sources.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@glengyron So, in keeping with the times. Well done.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to glengyron

@SnarkyPlatypus Cute codenames though. “‘Find private photographs of targets on Facebook’ (SPRING BISHOP).” [Smirks.]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Though in that case if I were to refer to the instigator as a script kiddie I’d never hear the end of it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Indeed, I seem to recall a poll on my own website being hit with a barrage of votes from a server in Ukraine.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Yes, much anti-NSA stuff is “OMFG SPOOKS DO SPOOK SHIT” which makes it harder for more serious critiques to cut through.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

“Hacking Online Polls & Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet”, writes [trigger warning] @ggreenwald firstlook.org/theintercept/2…

via Janetter for Mac

“From the Cold War to the Code War: UK boosts spending on cyber warfare”, writes @steveranger zdnet.com/from-the-cold-…

via Janetter for Mac

@sw @mpesce Just slapping him would be more efficient.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sw

RT @ArmsControlWonk: This is why nuclear-armed ABMs are a terrible idea. pic.twitter.com/J7XoMtJOpl [Oh, I don’t know…]

via Janetter for Mac in reply to ArmsControlWonk

Wait. On @RNBreakfast, did I just hear the DLP senator complaining that Cliev’s actions were crazy? What a world!

via Janetter for Mac

@joshgnosis I think we’ve just come up with some sort of card-based game. Topics, fallacies, two from each, two minutes of improvisation.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshgnosis

@SnarkyPlatypus Merci. C’était une métaphore, vous devez comprendre. Ils doivent être nettoyés.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

“I smell of gasoline” ended up being “I feel the essence”, so there’s a win.

via Janetter for Mac

@joshgnosis Ah yes. “I don’t know why.” The logical fallacy known as argument from personal ignorance. Always a winner.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshgnosis

Tue plan, draft: Minor tasks TBA; 0924 train to Sydney; 1200 Brocade, North Sydney; 1500 meeting UTS; @5at5daily; 1721 return train; cry.

via Janetter for Mac

@sw @mpesce I’m already registered, but I now find myself teaching at UTS until 1630 that day. I’ll be arriving late.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sw

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. Je sens de l’essence. Il sonne mieux en français qu’en anglais. Il y aura une règlement de compte. Et vous?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

OK, so now I’ve splashed petrol over everything. But at least there’s going to be some light.

via Janetter for Mac

Also, congratulations to my MacBook Pro, which has decided to throw GPU errors again today, despite being given a new GPU last week.

via Janetter for Mac

Happy birthday to Pacific Aero Products Co, founded in Seattle on 15 July 1916 by William E Boeing.

via Janetter for Mac

Tuesday. Rush here, rush there. “It’s a rat race,” you complain. But no. In a rat race, one rat wins. There are never winners here. Tuesday.