March 2nd, 2015

I’ve had enough of Monday. You can do what the hell you like from here on.

@staticsan Well, I’d kind of assumed, given that this also exists. pic.twitter.com/aaYrPji1q1

via TweetDeck in reply to staticsan

Um, yeah, I am kinda reassured that this exists. HT @johnb78 pic.twitter.com/KCXJ3aKwp8

Actually, it’s probably one of the helicopters servicing the secret US-Australian UFO base a couple of valleys over.

Hmmm. What IS that helicopter doing out there? And why isn’t it showing up on @flightradar24? Lizard people AGAIN?

@Garth_P_Newton @SBSNews Well that really would be the icing on the cake.

via TweetDeck in reply to Garth_P_Newton

Indeed, the more I think about it, the more I think @SBSNews just got sucked into running a puff (pastry) piece.

Is a jolly, jolly tone of voice appropriate when reporting a robbery, @SBSNews? (Or is it a bakery’s PR stunt you’ve been sucked into?)

franksting A hack would be to get Imessage to send to Wickr

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:07 PM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @Rob_Stott: It’s time for political media to stop using the word ‘shelves’ in a policy sense [Soapy will be heartbroken.]

Australian free-to-air TV in a nutshell. pic.twitter.com/yXq8Qech5l

cathywilcox1 MetaWickr. pic.twitter.com/r9wnM4w5n9

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:00 PM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

I have the sneaking suspicion that there might be something about data retention on @ABCmediawatch tonight. But I could be wrong.

laura_hudson My Lyft driver thinks The Dress was a conspiracy, and also that some people saw it as red. I’m not ready to live in that world

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:56 PM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

BURROWING THROUGH A PIG.

I say, @firstdogonmoon, there is a very great many things in that cartoon all at once. It is excellent value for money.

“Facts about how data retention is bad in an easy and fun to consume format”, by @firstdogonmoon theguardian.com/commentisfree/…

“Your right to know: surveillance, encryption and FoI laws”, a masterclass by @FarrellPF theguardian.com/guardian-maste…

@kcarruthers I’m sure @deptofaustralia has provided an appropriate caption for that photo at some stage.

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

mumbletwits Oh, there will be a rare media appearance from Josh Frydenberg. Gather round.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:36 PM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@dobes “Best”, and also confusing. Like, how do… what did… why… I mean, I don’t understand.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes I particularly like “Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.exe”

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Rule 34. [Well this one is pretty much Rule 34 in a nutshell.] pic.twitter.com/70ZhN3tVvV

RT @virag064: i like how it looks as if he is unhinging his jaw. [The lizards have such ill-fitting human suits.]

For reasons which are not entirely clear, I have collected a folder full of photos of Crusader Rabbit with various meat products.

Please be remember someone’s picture of Crusader Rabbit and an actual sausage. pic.twitter.com/yk6gZzlaUu

Me at @zdnetaustralia last week: “Second-class internet? You’re soaking in it” zdnet.com/article/the-se… Thanks, Madge. youtube.com/watch?v=5wSO0-…

Please be remember @mpbowers’ picture of Malcolm and the Invisible Sausage. pic.twitter.com/K8paUHhQOC

RT @GreenJ: imagining a world where Mamamia is a primary news source. [R U OK?]

GreenJ sorry, this Wickr … is that some sort of Grindr for backbenchers?

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:00 PM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

5at5 number 151: Myanmar, Twitter, anarchy, the passing of a “character”, and a possible future for journalism. tinyletter.com/5at5/letters/5…

Feature filed for @zdnetaustralia. It contains the word “servitization” and needle-sharing. One leads to the other.

OK, back to the writing. I shall re-emerge at lunchtime.

jeamland I tried to pitch a TV series to @stilgherrian called “Blake’s Bristol 7” but it just gave him the shits.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 9:16 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@BeverleyHead I’ll have to make do with limes, as that’s all I have. Which of course raises the issue of gin.

via TweetDeck in reply to BeverleyHead

SwiftOnSecurity Jet fuel may not melt steel beams, but can it melt her heart?
Do you want to believe - in love?

The Conspiracy
February 2016

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:07 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @kcarruthers: @stilgherrian you poor pet. Hope you feel better soon pic.twitter.com/ahaWdr6rYw [Thank you.]

Colvinius@RobbieTheDonkey: This shocking image highlights the dangers of Superglue. pic.twitter.com/rEpuJtSdbE

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:54 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

ShayeRivers Good job amazon. Great discreet packaging. pic.twitter.com/cK7q9LuWCl

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:54 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Colvinius Kill all trees. pic.twitter.com/xdaZQ0hv1p via @courteneyh

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:53 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

@BeverleyHead I’ll have to make do with likes, as that’s all I have. Which of course raises the issue of gin.

via TweetDeck in reply to BeverleyHead

lafix Donald Trump is like if the comments section were a person.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:49 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

RT @benmelour: Why do people slow down just inside the train when entering the door? WHY? [Because you haven’t kicked them yet.]

I’ve managed to make some progress pre-breakfast, which is good. I am slightly less stressed. Still feeling dreadful physically, however.

Mon plan: Finish this goddam feature for @zdnetaustralia which circumstances have conspired to make difficult; @5at5daily; reading.

RT @jeamland: @stilgherrian The “Petulant Porpoise”. twitter.com/planenut27/sta… [What an excellent thing. Thanks.]

I am going away now to work on this thing. I shan’t return until I’ve made significant progress.

@BreakfastNews Is it really a rise, or is the change within the poll’s ±3 percentage points margin of error? And why “bounce”?

via TweetDeck in reply to BreakfastNews

WilliamAder Girl Scouts getting aggressive with sales tactics:
Me: Do you have any healthy choices?
GS: It would be unhealthy not to buy any. Capisce?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:53 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Mon plan, draft: Finish this goddam feature for @zdnetaustralia which circumstances have conspired to make difficult; @5at5daily; reading.

snikchnz The future we were promised is here!!!!!!!
And it takes 30 minutes to update a lightbulb :( pic.twitter.com/fQ9kPkHnKM

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:36 AM, Mar 2nd, 2015 via TweetDeck)

Monday. Before sunrise, there is gloom. The Sun will rise, eventually, but the gloom will remain on your soul forever. Monday.