October 29th, 2016

OK, I’m outta here. Gorn.

Histreepix A whale is loaded up for another bombing mission. Hornchurch, 1944. pic.twitter.com/QoNOooB5GX

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:28 PM, Oct 29th, 2016 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

It’ll be the first of the three podcasts I have to edit, mix, and post, so expect it online Monday night.

I’ve just been listening to some bits of the recording of “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” and it turned out quite OK.

@twiddlekins @PointZeroOne You have already had enough influence on today’s media. (And wan’t it fun.)

via TweetDeck in reply to twiddlekins

Well here’s a question I haven’t been asked before. twitter.com/PointZeroOne/s…

VisitAvebury NT staff repositioning the Avebury stones in preparation for the end of British Summer Time tomorrow pic.twitter.com/nuQPrNBRua

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:48 PM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

@incorrect Sometimes the magic just doesn’t happen.

via TweetDeck in reply to incorrect

@outsh1ned No I’m fine with the pickled fish. More than fine. It was a patronymic blunder.

via TweetDeck in reply to outsh1ned

I apologise to the people of Iceland.

My tweets have shocking errors of spelling, number, grammar, the whole enchilada.

Also, @theharryshearer does a glorious update of “Who’s on first” on… what? its 80th anniversary. Beautiful work@theharryshearerer.

So yeah you really need to listen to @theharryshearer’s latest ep of Le Show and the wonders of clowns. harryshearer.com/le-shows/octob…

WillMcHoebag All the people who are interested in you “going live” on Facebook have arrived. pic.twitter.com/0WG1AiojqV

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:31 PM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

This whole clown thing is such bullshit.

@skwashd Yeah I’m not complaining that @latrobe not only paid my invoice but gave me wine. They’re a class act.

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

Pepperjack 2013 Shiraz Cabernet. This is something the Barossa Valley does well.

WTF how can it be after 2100 already?

I have opened the bottle of shiraz cabernet that @latrobe gave me, and orders a charcuterie platter. My Saturday evening is sorted.

Tonight is going downhill so fast.

This is… this… um, what even is thtwitter.com/RosemaryECA/st…GxUK

I will never live this down.

I’m not drumk.

By “diverse” we mean the middle-aged middle-class white people in dark jackets and white shirts are 50% men and 50%..twitter.com/i/web/status/7…sP

That’s probably the order in which I’ll deal with them, starting on Monday.

I now have three podcasts to edit and post. The Edict from today, the @ruxcon discussion with @darrenpauli @bigmac, and the Ruxcon panel…

I am back at my hotel in St Kilda and I m broadly happy with the world.

J0hnnyXm4s MacBook Pro:
$2499

3-month Welding Boot Camp w/ job placement assistance to switch careers & never have to use computers again:
$2199

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 8:38 PM, Oct 29th, 2016 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Strange but glorious tram encounters have just happened. I do love this town.

Dear Everyone, if you run into me on the street give me the full context otherwise I’ll politely go away and catch..twitter.com/i/web/status/7…ZJ

@rgibli Oh, that was THIS Rebecca. I didn’t realise so please excuse my generic responses and departure. Now I feel like an idiot.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to rgibli

@sallyaskinner @FionaPattenMLC @sallywhyte @upulie Thanks, it was indeed fun. Podcast should posted Monday night.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to sallyaskinner

@Finecontrast @Dream_Brother_ I just tweet ‘em, I don’t claim to understand them.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Finecontrast

CHAINLESSLY “A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
Greek proverb

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:31 PM, Oct 29th, 2016 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

jameslyne Everyone gets excited about Apple P3 colour display, but all of the cat memes we want to watch use sRGB. No moar colourful kitties.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:29 PM, Oct 29th, 2016 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Thank you @FionaPattenMLC @sallywhyte @upulie and a wonderful audience for making that podcast so much fun.

Less that 12 minutes until we go live at stilgherrian.com/edict/live/, and I’ll have test music up a few minutes beforehand.

Half an hour to go and the conversation has turned to coral sex and premature ejaculation. It’s that sort of podcast.

Just 45 mins until “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” goes live with @FionaPattenMLC @sallywhyte @upulie stilgherrian.com/edict/live/

We also have the recording rig working. Joy.

One hour until we start streaming “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” publichouseforum4.eventbrite.com stilgherrian.com/edict/live/

I have deleted my grumpy tweets about @TheCraftySquire because the manager has solved everything.

We’re at the back of upstairs of thecraftysquire.com.au. They’re insisting the music can’t be turned off, only down. Fun ahead.

Two hours until we start streaming “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” publichouseforum4.eventbrite.com stilgherrian.com/edict/live/

Tables are booked from 1230, and we start recording at 1400. twitter.com/timpoliti/stat…

Most of them no alight at Southern Cross station, thank the gods. pic.twitter.com/IptZHIU14U

More join the tram. It now smells of stale beer and the cheap, ineffective mint of long-chewed gum.

They all laugh at the brilliance of the humour. Most still sway in confusion.

One nearly falls as the tram accelerates. They still haven’t figured out you can hold on to the hand rails etc. “Oive got you maaaate.”

The Race Day Tosser Quotient (RDTQ) on this tram is already significant.

Three hours until we start streaming “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” publichouseforum4.eventbrite.com stilgherrian.com/edict/live/

MalwareJake Somebody next day air shipped 3 Hoverboards and a Galaxy Note 7… twitter.com/ABC/status/792…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:51 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

Pleased to see that audience numbers are still growing steadily. publichouseforum4.eventbrite.com

smh Uber drivers are not ‘self-employed’ and deserve minimum wage, UK tribunal rules ow.ly/yumu305E7uT

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 10:31 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

I will now start hashtagging all “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” stuff , as is the tradition. You should too.

The first set of Three Trigger Words to arrive is both both disturbing and wonderful, and podcast segment in and of itself.

umairh Just kill me, this is like suicide but without the satisfying catharsis pic.twitter.com/fUKzgXJg4S

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:39 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

jonhendricks Good times at MEXTESOL2016 @MexicoTESOL Studying idioms with @PeterSokolowski and here’s a quote from @bgzimmer pic.twitter.com/X9dkgcf0p6

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:38 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

cathywilcox1 Warfare of the future.
My @smh @theage business toon. pic.twitter.com/uGonyrflOm

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:38 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

According to the @eventbrite stats, we have 17+ in the audience and 3+me on the panel, so if nothing else it’ll be a fun lunch.

Also, thecraftysquire.com.au says they will “share the love”, but we’ll see about that.

OK, if you bought a question or a set of Three Trigger Words for today’s podcast recording, you should now have an email. Read it and act.

umairh checks twitter, sees anthony weiner is trending, dies a little inside

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:27 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

AndrewPStreet If you’re putting out Bowie best of and including ‘Dancing in the Street’ then you’ve already contradicted the premise of the album, @wbr.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:17 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

@pseudomorph Well congrats on the new human, and I completely understand. Live stream at stilgherrian.com/edict/live/ and a podcast later.

via TweetDeck in reply to pseudomorph

Eek! I haven’t gathered the audience questions of three-keyword choices! Im email those people now.

@SnarkyPlatypus I stopped looking. I decided that these three wonderful women were an ample sufficiency.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

kels_316 Cartoon idea: President Hillary getting briefed on the nuclear launch codes, Weiner’s dick falls onto the red button.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:15 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

@ResignInShame @DPRK_News It does not, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

via TweetDeck in reply to ResignInShame

Sat plan, draft: Final prep for podcast; venue set-up; 1230 lunch; 1400 podcast recording; and that, ladies and gentlemen, will be enough.

KFILE FBI agents after inspecting Anthony Weiner’s phone: pic.twitter.com/eSnwIPFoqi

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:06 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

DetInspector MAY ALL THINGS GLORIFY CHRIST, EVEN ANTHONY WEINER’S DICK PICS pic.twitter.com/X9LIkchCOQ

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:04 AM, Oct 29th, 2016 via TweetDeck)

It’s 1230 AEDT for lunch for a 1400 recording. Book an audience spot publichouseforum4.eventbrite.com Live stream at stilgherrian.com/edict/live/

Today we record “The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 4” @FionaPattenMLC @sallywhyte @upulie at thecraftysquire.com.au..twitter.com/i/web/status/7…ro

Saturday. Have you ever been disappointed by a duck? A sheep? Which was more disappointing? Saturday.