March 21st, 2017

I think I’ve had enough Tuesday. See you on Wednesday.

@EndRoadwork It’s worth a visit. The tour is detailed, and conducted by Nike veterans. Old blokes now, of course.

via TweetDeck in reply to EndRoadwork

@EndRoadwork Quite possibly. It’s the only Nike launch facility that’s been restored.

via TweetDeck in reply to EndRoadwork

The puddle, @PeteLawler @irisherself, is where rain had leaked into the bunker thru the elevator doors. pic.twitter.com/VUDRt4WwcR

via TweetDeck in reply to PeteLawler

@KrazyKarl910 Yeah, I’m not a demographer, but I’m pretty sure a seminary would present a skewed sample. Also, not coming to Bathurst.

via TweetDeck in reply to KrazyKarl910

I wish to remind people that I did not do anything inappropriate with the nuclear weapons. pic.twitter.com/zE0a1mDcDI

via OS X

Henry_Belot Getting hot in reps. Burke says Libs don’t understand racial discrimination, perhaps because their constituents wen..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Eb

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:23 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@Rashas_Mo Yep. It’s just a matter of finding a slot in @SenatorLudlam’s busy schedule in, say, May. I’ll talk to his people.

via TweetDeck in reply to Rashas_Mo

@NicholasFryer Ah. And I’m up in the Mountains tomorrow. Meh. Next time.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

patstokes Well I’m thrilled for you and your fiancé, Minister, but I have some rather unfortunate legal news… pic.twitter.com/Q9pho9Vm43

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:19 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@Rashas_Mo @SenatorLudlam Exactly that. The licensing regime for live streams and podcasts is a pain in the arse. But I hope to sort that.

via TweetDeck in reply to Rashas_Mo

@Rashas_Mo @SenatorLudlam That would be excellent, but there are licensing issues.

via TweetDeck in reply to Rashas_Mo

@SenatorLudlam Are we heading in that direction? I think you may be wrong.

via TweetDeck in reply to SenatorLudlam

TrainLinkWest Continue to allow extra travel time due to lightning strikes affecting signalling equipment at Blacktown

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 8:13 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@NicholasFryer That was a good episode, yes. It took far too long ‘cos I lost a memory card and had to re-visit and re-record a bunch.

via TweetDeck in reply to NicholasFryer

This is actually an extremely good idea. But the Shire? Maybe just down to Penrith, in the marginal seat of Lindsay..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…VB

MikeCarlton01 What a pity Andrew Bolt did not live to see the changes to 18c

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:04 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

“Is Snoop Dog like Ceiling Cat?”

rharris334 PM’s Facebook live going down a treat. pic.twitter.com/qH29NAYmSH

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:59 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@HappySinger @dfpiii It’s the “two blokes talking shite” genre, but it has a structure and they’re smart.

via TweetDeck in reply to HappySinger

@SnarkyPlatypus Mind you, in episode three, @dfpiii predicts that the next James Bond will be Harry Styles. So there’s that.

@SnarkyPlatypus @dfpiii That’s not the same thing, even though another Scot was involved.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Not so much a voice as an annoying whine.

You know, @dfpiii, I could grow to like a podcast that speaks the truth about Lulu.

“What most people don’t know about Lulu is that under a variety of pseudonyms she has actually penned all of the James Bond themes.” @dfpiii

“I believe that the Cheese People are responsible for bathroom mould.” twitter.com/davidlipson/st…

Now playing: Kris Kross, “Jump” youtube.com/watch?v=010KyI… I couldn’t stand this song then, and I can’t stand it now.

Watts_Writes Serious message found inside library book. pic.twitter.com/AuJ9PinUfc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:36 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@DavidRDHeath This is true, but I want to do the next one in Perth, and I’ll need to raise funds for that one. And harass @SenatorLudlam.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidRDHeath

I should probably just do what I did last time, which was to copy-and-paste all my tweets into a single document and riff off them.

I’ll definitely do the podcast before the end of March. But the world is moving so fast I’m finding it hard to settle on a theme.

I really should do an episode of “The 9pm Edict” podcast soon. That last one was more than six weeks ago.

melissamadsen Hey @Flinders … snakes are online now?? 🐍🐍pic.twitter.com/MWp1m4rQD8D8

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 7:13 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

macaulaybalkan what i love most about the 18c thing is that it completely derailed the snowy hydro thing

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:13 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

TasnuvaB My favourite part of the was when the new transport minister said NSW had one of the best transport..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…7b

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:08 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark 🎼YOU’VE LOST THAT LOOOOVIN’ FEELING🎶
OH-OH THAT LOOOVIN’ FEEELING
🎺BRING BACK THAT LOOOVIN’ FEELING,
NOW IT’S gone,..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Y5

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:07 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

JohnBirmingham From Monday’s kinder, gentler ASB, a defence of the motherfucking awesomeness that is the Oxford fucking comma…twitter.com/i/web/status/8…pt

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:06 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Is Lulu more deserving of a film about her life than Adam Smith?

Apparently Adam Smith was so riddled with syphilis that he gave it to monks just by humping their legs.

I’ve started listening to the Cheerful Despair podcast with @dfpiii and some bloke. I’m late to it, but it’s good. cheerfuldespair.libsyn.com

UweBollocks It’s been one year since one of the best replies in the history of this garbage website occurred pic.twitter.com/NCxmM2bXQP

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 6:50 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@R_Chirgwin Tried a search on “psycholinguistics site:edu.au”?

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

Hahaha! The @canberratimes angle on $900 million being used to encourage startups to bid for government work. twitter.com/Idealaw/status…

R_Chirgwin Okay, so who’s a psycholinguist in Australia who’d blather to a journalist?

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 6:33 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@R_Chirgwin Psycholinguist(ics) is what you’re after.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

joshgnosis I don’t know what I was expecting this to say. pic.twitter.com/OLyhqGM4bn

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 6:28 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

bladtheimpaler Arizona spent $3,600,000 drug testing 87,000 welfare recipients. 1 tested positive for a fine of $560. twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/st…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:10 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

sharnatweets A woman on my bus told a young couple to “speak english or go back where they came from”. They were speaking Pitjantjatjara

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 5:38 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

jkerrison Well I will believe it. It was close. Just tell it straight– ditch ‘you won’t believe’ stuff at a time news is st..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…LK

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:32 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

scott_thewspot We’ll, that’s Sydney gone. RIP. pic.twitter.com/AUUYZk2syv

via Twitter for Windows (retweeted on 5:31 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

DavidCampbell73 Well @cathywilcox1 nailed the argument. It’s good white straight guys are finally fixing this law pic.twitter.com/Kao58Wvb67

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:27 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

glengyron Love to see culture reverberate around the globe. twitter.com/STForeignDesk/…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:25 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@garthk @riskybusiness @SwiftOnSecurity @magnetikonline I’ve been using @Bitdefender, one of the three that keeps winning competitions.

via TweetDeck in reply to garthk

darkhorse166 *extremely David Attenborough voice* witness the annual monsoon that brings the Enmore River to life pic.twitter.com/e1gBJ73Pum

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:15 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@dobes @PeteLawler We definitely need more stations. But hey you get an impression. pic.twitter.com/CZ2LYdaLXv

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes @PeteLawler So yeah speed-of-light comparative measures. Noisy data, more sensors help. lightningmaps.org/about/faq

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes @PeteLawler Each sensors sends timestamp info on lighting strikes’ EMF noise. Server compares times, does plotting.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@tomsulston I’ve never seen that sort of thing happen before. You’re a pioneer!

via TweetDeck in reply to tomsulston

@GreenJ It’s the updraft when the storm cells hit the Mountains. Some excellent lightning.

via TweetDeck in reply to GreenJ

@tomsulston I was thinking more about the content of the email.

via TweetDeck in reply to tomsulston

@dobes Yeah, also the flight location stuff. These things remind me that IoT is going to be a lot more than the big players imagine.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

CSIROnews It feels like an appropriate day to remind everyone that we invented the word for the smell of rain: petrichor. Im..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…fg

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:00 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@Drag0nista @purserj You’ve got a few waves of storm cells coming in, but wait until the first one goes past you.

via TweetDeck in reply to Drag0nista

Oh, this is from a few weeks back, but I think it’s some wonderful agile nimble digital transformational cleverness. pic.twitter.com/6gXVLz9zO1

via OS X

dawnstarau That’s… well just not how you DNS

Someone is having a bad day pic.twitter.com/uKhITRmPgV

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:48 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

Of course Wollongong is pretty much fucked already. Also, they’re experiencing inclement weather.

Hey Sydney, look what’s coming in from the north-west. pic.twitter.com/z03WrGQq3p

via Twitter for iPhone

I so want to not click through, but this headline. twitter.com/GuardianAus/st…

shalailah Updated Senate crossbench numbers on 18c changes - on board: One Nation (4), Hinch, Leyonhjelm, Bernardi. Against: NXT (3), Lambie

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:41 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

shalailah UPDATE: Lambie won’t support the changes to 18c either twitter.com/JacquiLambie/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:40 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

joshgnosis That new online petition system is going about how I expected it would. pic.twitter.com/STW0a4b8me

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:38 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

“Why i’m scared that this generation is not scaring me yet”, writes @JazzTwemlow. I agree, and I’m even older. sbs.com.au/comedy/article…

TrainsInfo Some weather incoming folks! Please take care. Check in before you travel for any disruption info
twitter.com/BOM_NSW/status…

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 4:29 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

“Coalition’s 18C overhaul a hollow and operatic outbreak of gesture politics”, writes @murpharoo..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Vr

DavidParis I wish I could find a way to monetise Turnbull’s cowardice :-(

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:20 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

DavidParis So now Cory Bernardi wants to suspend standing orders to have a sook

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:13 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

DavidParis The senate just denied leave for Eric Abetz to have a sook about Sally McManus

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:12 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

juniusK9 A swan is a dinosaur that grew smaller and more hateful over the millennia

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:06 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

It’s not as uncomfortably humid up here.

johnb78 So this is entirely farce by Turnbull, jollying party room bigots and reminding non-white Australians of their poli..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…EO

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:47 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark They want to change 18C to protect people from falling off balconies? twitter.com/MarkDiStef/sta…

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 3:47 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via TweetDeck)

@RogerWieand Does that cover it? I’m a bit fuzzy-headed today.

via TweetDeck in reply to RogerWieand

@RogerWieand 4. Current AIs, and for the foreseeable, are just cute maths tricks.

via TweetDeck in reply to RogerWieand

@RogerWieand 3. Issues of personhood and human rights have been in flux throughout history. I’ve no idea where that might go.

via TweetDeck in reply to RogerWieand

@RogerWieand 2. I wonder whether we’d even know if a system had achieved sentience, unless we’d be specifically aiming for that.

via TweetDeck in reply to RogerWieand

@RogerWieand 1. I don’t think we’re anywhere near creating sentience. The AI field has always underestimated the complexity.

via TweetDeck in reply to RogerWieand

@RogerWieand OK, here’s my (rough) thoughts on that topic. Not well-thought-through, just some bullet point.

via TweetDeck in reply to RogerWieand

I got the thing done. Tomorrow I might do another thing. Sigh.

Right, despite the obvious wonders of events in Canberra and Washington, I do need to get something done before today ends. Sigh.

@RogerWieand Gimme a couple hours to clear another thing out of my head first. Not avoiding, just sick and stressed re that thing.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to RogerWieand

Soapy is introducing the legislation. It’ll pass the Senate thanks to the experience gained in “his stellar career at the Brisbane bar”.

mearesy PM Turnbull and A-G Senator Brandis announced changes to section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act pic.twitter.com/SmrOrxRPCf

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 1:25 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

After reading this I have some questions. twitter.com/samanthamaiden…

After reading this sentence I started chuckling for some reason. twitter.com/Drag0nista/sta…

NicholasFryer No, but then I’m a cat person. twitter.com/NumbersMuncher…

via Flamingo for Android (retweeted on 1:20 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

burgotastic IMPOSSIBLY OPAQUE pic.twitter.com/IgXwL7rTRv

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:20 PM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

I need to take a piss, though if I stay in bed at least it’ll be warm and comforting.

There is a rapid and unanimous consensus that I should stay in bed because everything is terrible.

That fatigue wave was less than an hour and a half, which is an improvement. How’s the world going? Or should I stay in bed?

“A sandwich and a coffee” plus wank. (Sorry, Lachlan, but this needs to be nipped in the bud.) twitter.com/lachlanhardy/s…

jxeeno yeah… i don’t think that’s quite how the nbn works, sorry pic.twitter.com/z4QSTc2lEu

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:39 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

awelder Misunderstandings about senior, long-serving political figures show press gallery failing at their jobs twitter.com/KnottMatthew/s…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:32 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

To be fair, this is how my own handwriting looks to me a day later. twitter.com/GordyPls/statu…

@franksting @therhipestuff Indeed. Everything will be magic in the future. I wonder if he actually believes that shit.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to franksting

Andrew, mate, cut back on the cocaine. Seriously. twitter.com/therhipestuff/…

@johnb78 @MattCNS Also, I admire the fact that you threaded that reply back to shit we tweeted before the last ice age.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to johnb78

@johnb78 @MattCNS Well he should still be right to go to events then.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to johnb78

SkyNewsAust Former PM @TonyAbbottMHR has congratulated the PM on his decision in the party room to act on 18 C. Praised Brandis too. (@samanthamaiden)

via GroupTweet (retweeted on 10:47 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

SikhProf Man stabs Catholic priest of Indian descent during mass, shouts “You are Muslim or Hindu! I will kill you!”..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…DY

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:42 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

aguileraswhore this is what capitalism looks like pic.twitter.com/EBp6I845gd

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:09 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@ResignInShame Yup. “Peculiarly close relationship” and “flagellation” are the key words, I think.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to ResignInShame

DrRachie I’m 99% sure this derp is just trolling us. If you believe anything he says, you’re being taken for a ride pic.twitter.com/tOJEV55IKi

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:46 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

MarkDiStef ooof pic.twitter.com/b2ZK4oCGu5

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:44 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@ResignInShame You might need to dig a little to find the more open accounts.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to ResignInShame

Or Percy Grainger and his mother Rose. twitter.com/ResignInShame/…

Tue plan, draft: Rest; sort out certain administrative problems; edit a bunch of words. Order of play TBA.

I think I know why that’s happening, so the morning off is still a thing. It’s unlikely to kill me, however. Sorry. 2/2

Tue plan, background: I said I’d take it easy this morning, because yesterday I was in a pattern of two hours awake, two hours not. 1/2

Who put Louise Mensch in charge of, well, anything?

konklone Some utility company with a login form served over HTTP filed a Firefox bug complaining about a warning. Hilarious:..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Bz

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:07 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

kemal_atlay Wow, I can’t believe the solution to housing affordability, the energy crisis, and even closing the gap was as easy as simply changing 18C

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:01 AM, Mar 21st, 2017 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Tuesday. What if everything were growing slightly taller, only very very slowly. Would it matter? Tuesday.