July 30th, 2018

@Sam_Hickey Less of a problem at cyber conferences.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Sam_Hickey

I can understand not wanting Ms Greer at your literary festival. Red wine is a finite resource.

NewtonMark Between female genital mutilation, abortion, and rape while married to abusive men, I’m trying to think of an occas..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TQ

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:13 PM, Jul 30th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus Adelaide folk of a certain age will remember the Aurora Hotel on Hindmarsh Square, which also had a bad case of bulldozers.

People who schedule conferences from 8.30am to 6pm and only have 15-minute coffee breaks. Grrr. The next two days will be busy.

@SnarkyPlatypus It’s remarkable how often pubs being renovated catch fire, particularly heritage pubs in desirable locations.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@purserj @PointlessAU It is. And also on the Tenplay site.

via TweetDeck in reply to purserj

I have turned on an actual television so I can watch @PointlessAU and you should do the same. You have mere moments to comply.

How’s Daddy Malcolm today?

Mon plan, remainder: Early dinner; Weekly Wrap, finally; early night, because tomorrow will be busy.

samanthamaiden The Tasmanian Government said it did not disclose to @crickettas information about Angela Williamson’s abortion tha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mF

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:21 PM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RudyGiuliani You

Me at @zdnetaustralia: “Canberra still in denial over My Health Record concerns” zd.net/2v26mFj

@LapTop006 Maybe we measure “near” differently.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to LapTop006

drsimmo My cat has four legs.
My dog has four legs.
My cat is a dog.

It’s just math. twitter.com/mitchellvii/st…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:08 PM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

I have a one-bedroom apartment with this magnificent view. pic.twitter.com/rLVzlLQR6S

The Paris end of Collins Street.

“My Health Record: former privacy head warned of dangers six years ago” theguardian.com/australia-news…

“Patients trust their doctors with secrets, not the government or the tax office” by an actual doctor…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aA

MatthewBevan Hope my fellow train commuters Sebastian and Edwina are into documentary podcasts cos they about to get AIRDROPPED!..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qv

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:09 PM, Jul 30th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

workmanalice BREAKING: The Australian Federal Police has referred its investigation into the media leaks from Michaelia Cash’s o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wj

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:08 PM, Jul 30th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@DavidFeng Quolls are wonderful. They’re the ecological equivalent of cats. But if they eat cane toads then they much be idiots.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

Mon plan, update: Flight delays have led me to have lunch and write for @zdnetaustralia here at MEL before making my way to the CBD.

via Twitter Web Client in reply to stilgherrian

GreenJ pretty astounding for end of winter. twitter.com/mdahls10/statu…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:52 PM, Jul 30th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

I became aware of the Bigfoot Erotica Matter before departing Sydney, and I’m wondering what it has to do with that..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AX

@raaahbin @zdnetaustralia I did get a heads-up message last night about forecast gusty winds and the possibility of cancellations.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to raaahbin

OK, transmitters off. See you in Melbourne.

@raaahbin @zdnetaustralia Oh, so I wonder where the gusts were that caused the flight cancellations and delays.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to raaahbin

Currently doing quite a bit of sitting on the ground with the door open. The glamour of air travel never fades.

NatReconOfc : July 29, 1966, the NRO launched the first GAMBIT-3. This early photoreconnaissance system delivered an improv..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…i6

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:34 AM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@ericpink You are person number three with that joke.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to ericpink

Watching people standing uncomfortably in an unmoving queue because for some reason they need to be on the plane before other people.

Alleged departure time is now 1145 AEST.

@JustJimWillDo Yeah one does have to be quick these days.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

No, I will not use your conference app.

I have been giving a paper boarding pass like I’m an animal or something.

People who sit at the food court benches with the power outlets but who are not using the power outlets and are not eating.

@zdnetaustralia It looks like a lovely day for aeroplaneing, but apparently not in Melbourne. VA834 has been cancel..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LX

Mon plan, confirmed: 1100 VA834 SYD-MEL; write for @zdnetaustralia; haircut; errands; evening in Melbourne TBA.

jpwarren Only to “correct the record”. twitter.com/DrDayaSharma/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:03 AM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Ahhmandah today we went to a rich people restaurant and I wish we were joking but we were served two crackers on an actual bo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Vn

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:35 AM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

solikebasically Holy shit Doctor Who sucks. It’s a bad show! I don’t care if this gets me blacklisted from the polyamory meet ups!..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qy

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:55 AM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

joshgnosis July 12 v July 29. pic.twitter.com/7exkPVtZe7

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:54 AM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@scott_thewspot Thanks, but I’ve decided that I don’t care because I’m going to the airport.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to scott_thewspot

jonkudelka You cannot make me care about whether Bob Carr and/or Germaine Greer do or do not appear at the Brisbane Writers’ F..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FR

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:40 AM, Jul 30th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

NYTimesPR Statement of A.G. Sulzberger, Publisher, The New York Times, in response to President Trump’s tweet about their mee..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LB

Me at @zdnetaustralia Thursday: “Poor cybersecurity could destabilise increasingly complex energy grids” zdnet.com/article/poor-c…

Mon plan, draft: 1100 VA834 SYD-MEL; write for @zdnetaustralia; various loose ends if I can be bothered. There is n..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…D3

Monday. Please disregard the beetles. There are too many, we know, but they are relatively harmless. Monday.

@nataliemoo @NewtonMark @brainsnap1000 Contact details are in my profile. Put up or shut up.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to nataliemoo

@nataliemoo @NewtonMark @brainsnap1000 I’ll be in Melbourne from tomorrow for a week. My timing is quite flexible.

@nataliemoo @NewtonMark @brainsnap1000 Oh you poor possum. Here’s the deal. Podcast episode. 30 minutes. We talk. W..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rr

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to nataliemoo