October 29th, 2018

Imagine being a journalist tasked with reporting on what’s happening in Nauru and you come back with what Tony Abbott said. Brav-fucking-o.

Tony Abbott’s feelpinions about Nauru are irrelevant because he hasn’t been there, or if he has he’s not a disinter..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Aw

So when you see quotes like this, the questions to ask are “When were you there?” and “Why are you saying what you’..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xq

Seriously, journalists choose who they’ll quote in a story. So from 25 million Australians they choose Tony Abbott..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TV

REMINDER: Tony Abbott is now a random backbench MP with an axe to grind who no longer has access to cabinet or clas..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…59

@PeteLawler @jplonie @ASDGovAu I remember this wine. But our friends in Canberra may not.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to PeteLawler

@jplonie @ASDGovAu Oh. Shit. This is actual key exchange stuff? Yeah good luck with that. It’s all magic and goats..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…th

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jplonie

@jplonie @kcarruthers @aqualung @ASDGovAu @Twitter Are you suggesting ASD wanted to do this on blockchain? Mate, that’s defo right there!

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jplonie

@jplonie @ASDGovAu Please stop trolling my “friends” in Canberra, they know where I live.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jplonie

@jplonie @kcarruthers @aqualung @ASDGovAu @Twitter Mate. Government bureaucracies. They do their best, but here we are.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jplonie

Dear The America, you need to deal with this arsehole. Not some time in the future when you’ve finished watching Op..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…t0

jonkudelka This was today’s @australian cartoon if you forgot to pic.twitter.com/x0P0AvVRhT

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:06 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@jplonie @kcarruthers @aqualung @ASDGovAu @Twitter This is very good. Also, you are now on The List.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jplonie

@kcarruthers @aqualung @ASDGovAu Indeed. But I saw you’re no longer on the schedule for the McAfee gig tomorrow?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kcarruthers

@hughstephens @dannolan Yeah as long as you count capital as revenue. ;)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to hughstephens

Ha_Tanya I’m sorry, but CLOACA really is the funniest word. In my more juvenile moods, I have been known to run around the o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…HK

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:47 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Isn’t it awesome that everyone is now an expert on Irish politics!

So yeah, 1. I didn’t get the shopping done, 2. I bought some cunt whisky, and 3. I still need to catch the 0607 tra..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…y4

@dannolan @hughstephens That’s right. The correct sentence is “Startups are noisy cunts who think they’re somehow d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rn

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dannolan

@aqualung @ASDGovAu Heh. Yeah @ASDGovAu already know me. Australia is a small country.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to aqualung

@KetanJ0 @jeamland I have no idea what is going on here but I will scroll back later.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to KetanJ0

OH: “H L Mecken motherfucker.”

OH: “Now I was a big fan of the Nazis…”

oberonsghost The Celebrity Solstice is pulling out of the International Passenger Terminal and boy is she a big ugly barge. pic.twitter.com/LN2zNshSOA

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:54 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@DavidFeng @zhangschmidt Don’t drag me into this. I don’t even speak German.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

@jxeeno Oh. Yes. Some arsehat has screwed up the colour balance in that photo.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jxeeno

This is presumably a white-boxed Skype, which is hilarious because there’s plenty of bits of the route..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AS

@purserj @dobes @JustJimWillDo @SnarkyPlatypus If you have an A-class incinerator you don’t need the barrels.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to purserj

@JustJimWillDo @dobes @SnarkyPlatypus You can incinerate quite a few Boy Scouts in one of those.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@JustJimWillDo @dobes @SnarkyPlatypus Yeah but you still need to incinerate the fuckers.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@JustJimWillDo @dobes @SnarkyPlatypus I recall seeing an article a few years ago saying that the scan-and-reassembl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dg

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@SnarkyPlatypus To be fair, I always feel that urge. Shredding documents is very satisfying.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Lots of sirens on the Great Western Highway just now. Perhaps a crash?

@twiddlekins I was in an international conference of bankers last week, then got a bit crook across the weekend.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to twiddlekins

Yeah I’m definitely fighting Banker Flu. Having had a shower and a coffee in preparation for my errands in Katoomba..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VY

@jdub Surely you mean “for YAML Engineering and self-loathing”?

via TweetDeck in reply to jdub

juhasaarinen We should just close down all extremist-enabling social media. Sorry Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in particular:..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nA

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:34 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

kenchengcomedy terrorism is one of the only areas where white people do most of the work and get none of the credit

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:33 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

jonkudelka Seriously though, replacing Scott would still be covered under the cooling off period, surely.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:49 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Michael Avedon is the grandson of the great Richard Avedon, in case you’re wondering.

“What a powerful photo,” I thought. “I wonder who took it?”

Ah. Michael Avedon. As you were. twitter.com/nymagPR/status…

nymagPR New cover: Parkland survivor Anthony Borges, photographed by Michael Avedon.

72 years of school shootings. By tho..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XB

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:35 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

benkepes Just got this comment from a friend (former long-term IBM insider) re @IBM acquisition of @RedHat - can’t argue too..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kl

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:33 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@dobes @rohan_p I want to know more about the photocopier.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

GrogsGamut Wow, a whole 300 days in the same job. Impressive pic.twitter.com/yLiUupNAoI

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:24 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@patstokes In the US, the FBI has both roles, and they’ve been into this for years trying to explain it’s not about..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QU

@patstokes My guess would be that the far-right extremism was seen as “internal” and therefore a Special Branch etc..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XF

via TweetDeck in reply to patstokes

Vic_Rollison Having read this, an argument could be made that Sky News After Dark is not only radicalising their small number of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qt

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:13 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Vic_Rollison Dear Sky News After Dark, how is your ‘nonstop drumbeat of over-the-top invective and irrational conspiracy theorie..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5M

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:13 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Mon plan, supplemental: Having reviewed how I feel now and how I felt across the weekend, I’m pretty sure I’ve been..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ve

Mon plan, confirmed: Very, very slow start to the week (almost done); errands and shopping, Katoomba (soon); maybe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MD

via Twitter Web Client in reply to stilgherrian

MikeCarlton01 Have Harry and Meghan gone yet ? Is it safe to come out ?

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:56 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

RepublicNauru Look actually not the worst review we’ve had. Might use it for a tourism slogan. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:54 PM, Oct 29th, 2018 via Twitter Web Client)

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus This would make sense. If you’ve been following the magic $444 million, that too has a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FB

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@bradsprigg @NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus Notes, and here’s a direct link to that episode. pca.st/bUoG

via TweetDeck in reply to bradsprigg

@SnarkyPlatypus @NewtonMark Also, some more details on this tracking process and the reasons for same.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus Hah! Re tax haven status, “The OECD subsequently put Nauru through a fast-tracked compl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qs

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus Nauru is beautiful as long as you don’t look at it.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus ” The economy of Nauru is tiny, based on a population in 2014 of only 11,000 people. Th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ui

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus There are some dates studded through that narrative, but I can’t be arsed with all these “facts.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@SnarkyPlatypus @NewtonMark Free beers with the Prime Minister of Australia?

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus “The inter-governmental Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) identifi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DH

@NewtonMark @SnarkyPlatypus Nauru also provides what are euphemistically called “financial services”: “In the 1990s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DB

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Something something hiding in plain sight. twitter.com/lilsarg/status…

@angrysmiley Isn’t it magnificent! Also, note to self, set up DMARC.

via Twitter Web Client in reply to angrysmiley

@munin The whole thing is a work of art, of course, but yeah that’s how I know it’s real. Because my sex is as hot as pizza.

via TweetDeck in reply to munin

“I want 833 $ to my /Bitcoin
My piggy bank”

“I am in outrage of your copulation fantasies!” pic.twitter.com/LFgDREj8nu

@PaulMcEwan6 @R_Chirgwin 1. Autechre is excellent. 2. It’s also very 1960s Brit polkadot too. pic.twitter.com/4AVfkcA2ny

via TweetDeck in reply to PaulMcEwan6

@R_Chirgwin Twitter’s processes are rubbish, you know that.

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

@rohan_p @dobes I don’t know how we could have missed these obvious facts.

via TweetDeck in reply to rohan_p

The most important news is that I posted a NEW PODCAST last night. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Further alleged but probably equally inaccurate plans may be found in the Weekly Wrap, which also contains links to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…c7

Mon plan, realistic draft: Very, very slow start to the week (still in progress, alas); fried rice; errands and sho..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bq

patbcaruana the only correct user of Microsoft Word is Tony Abbott. pic.twitter.com/0sAvZQOPYm

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:57 AM, Oct 29th, 2018 via TweetDeck)

I must’ve needed that sleep-in. Gosh.

Monday. Six lengths of plastic tubing should do the trick. Monday.