June 19th, 2019

I’m going to bed now. If you haven’t documented six new ways of peeling garlic by breakfast time then you’re all failures.

L’ornithorynque traverse le port. pic.twitter.com/4oZoJTw0Ag

I’ve arrived slightly early for “Building the New Malaysia: From elation to frustration” at @LowyInstitute..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nV

TelumMedia (AUS) @paulwallbank has finished at @Mumbrellanews, where he had been News Editor. Paul is now Senior Technology Ed..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…p1

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:27 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

jeamland HUGE NEWS FOLKS pic.twitter.com/pcnMx5oguW

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 5:27 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Still, things can only get better…

jplonie Debts have to be paid. twitter.com/grhutchens/sta…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:19 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@morebento Needs work to make it presentable, I reckon. Which means I’ll probably delete my copy because I have tons.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to morebento

Well, @tasmaniagreens do support regrowth… pic.twitter.com/HYEHcHLxAI

Pollytics I agree - let’s speak plainly. This person exhibits all of the symptoms of an intellectual grifter, where vacuous s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…H2

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:04 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Arriving at Sydney Central station. pic.twitter.com/rjV488CG4z

Parsnips are the quokkas of root vegetables. twitter.com/michaelkoziol/…

@SnarkyPlatypus @upulie @awelder @trib Then there’s the whole Irish Curry thing… :)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@awelder @trib @upulie @SnarkyPlatypus The sultanas definitely made their way to South Australia, but maybe that’s a Women’s Weekly thing.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to awelder

@trib @upulie @SnarkyPlatypus Yep. Sultanas and carrots are essential. And potatoes, obviously. Served on a bed of over-boiled Sunlong rice.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to trib

@upulie @jetztgibtshaue @SnarkyPlatypus I think you can buy pre-curried baked beans now.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to upulie

@upulie @SnarkyPlatypus I bought a can of Keens Curry Powder so I can make him proper curry sausages.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to upulie

@upulie @SnarkyPlatypus It’s a deal. Maybe I should make some of the recipes.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to upulie

tv_heaven 20 Things You Know Because of Television pic.twitter.com/REv6f3C6Bo

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:37 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JordanKoster9 A police press conference was cut short on the Sunshine Coast when a senior detective tackled a man who allegedly m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UJ

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:32 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

TheOnion “We were just minding our own business and everything was totally normal, with no curfew or persecutions or any lim..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8s

via Buffer (retweeted on 2:28 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Wrapping my lips around a hot sausage roll.

Another 11-match ban for “Jaidyn”. JFC. twitter.com/TitusOReily/st…

@jpwarren I think it’s worth extending the range.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@SuperCroup Yes you can. It’s a free country. Stop stifling innovation.

via TweetDeck in reply to SuperCroup

Me at @zdnetaustralia: “New ACSC head announced: Rachel Noble” zdnet.com/article/new-ac…

@pecunium @beyerstein Does that map include prisoner-of-war camps as well as the others?

via TweetDeck in reply to pecunium

pecunium @beyerstein Most people have no idea how many camps there were. pic.twitter.com/RS1KOIxdhX

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:51 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Meet your new father-in-law, Mark Latham.

@wobster Well those racists are just knitwits.

via TweetDeck in reply to wobster

jennineak man I’m so glad we grew up on Arab food. I don’t even wanna know what a pastie is smh pic.twitter.com/yx69yqM1Q2

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:35 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

ASDGovAu Pleased to welcome Rachel Noble back to ASD, as the new Head of the Australian Cyber Security Centre @CyberGovAU

asd.gov.au/speeches/20190…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:16 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

jonkudelka This will end well. twitter.com/patskarvelas/s…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:25 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

IndelibleFink All politicians should be eaten by clowns.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:17 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@dobes @hughstephens Sensible people catch the train to and from the airport.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

James_Jeffrey This haunts me still pic.twitter.com/oPAR290sW4

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:12 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

SixthTone@blued has noticed a rise of livestreamers aged over 50 since the second half of 2018. Hu Pinsheng attributes this..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rT

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 12:05 PM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@munin Well, yes, they’re allied with @theramsaycentre after all.

via TweetDeck in reply to munin

@munin I’ve seen Quillette described as “Breitbart for people who think they’re smart”. So It’s good* that our form..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ju

via TweetDeck in reply to munin

clairlemon Initiating John Howard into the Intellectual Dark Web pic.twitter.com/vZikgtJ5y4

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:59 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

techoglot @NewtonMark So, in Sweden a lot of elevators in older apartment bulidings don’t have an inner door. So you end up w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IJ

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:15 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

techoglot @NewtonMark I like the whole-body-wrapped-around-a-drive-shaft ones that you get on PTOs. pic.twitter.com/R5uGQNxXTT

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:09 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark I think this is my favourite warning sign. (it’s on a winch in an elevator equipment room in 90 King William St, Ad..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fi

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

CaseyNewton Google Calendar is down so here are your meetings for the day!!

- 10-minute meeting in which the host says “Just w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ip

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 11:00 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@SuperCroup Indeed. So, er, remind me again what “United Kingdom” is?

via TweetDeck in reply to SuperCroup

arizclint Oh my 🔥 twitter.com/thomas_violenc…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:49 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@ElectricHavoc I have no idea how these numbers work.

via TweetDeck in reply to ElectricHavoc

@SnarkyPlatypus “Andi Cupcakes” is like the worst twink name ever.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@LowyInstitute Wed plan, confirmed: Laundry (in progress); urgent administrivia; transcribing and the like; 1430 tr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…V0

FnordNelson Alan Jones calls for fresh AFP raids.. twitter.com/aus_business/s…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:42 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

OK, that’s enough about trends.

They’re also drunk. Also, they boost trends that are associated with high-value accounts, whether they’re promoted..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zr

That’s the point. “Trends for you” is based on what your contacts are tweeting about. We all have our own unique vi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PD

There was some mathematical modelling of the spread of political opinions done some years back by an Australian wor..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wM

Apparently it’s related to the way political polarisation tends to increase, or how the domains in a magnetic subst..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Na

@SnarkyPlatypus Same phenomenon as YouTube. Once you watch one dodgy video it shows you more. Each batch contains s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…br

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

“Me and my friends go on and on about Nazis, and now Twitter shows me that people are talking about Nazis.”

Ah yes, I turned that on and created my very of proto-Holocaust bubble. YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY, KIDS. pic.twitter.com/h9gtSSk4y1

Maybe people are creating their own reality because they have this turned on. pic.twitter.com/J8xHc0CKDq

Is the screenshot of “Nazis” and “Jews” trending in Australia real? Because this is what I have just now. pic.twitter.com/BmtdHAbXfd

@garystark Not unless the local greengrocer has branched out.

via TweetDeck in reply to garystark

I see there’s been a fresh shipment of Kool-Aid today.

HappySinger Sometimes “jetzt” just isn’t verbose enough for Germans to express how very *now* now is, so they say “der jetzige..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…33

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:43 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark @franksting @ScottRhodie “Jordan Peterson launches anti-censorship site Thinkspot”..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TE

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Eating mushroom fried rice, which I just made, and I am pleased.

“Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted” theguardian.com/environment/20… I’ll put m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…He

cortney_dc I’ll be impressed when they find a way to infuse it with oxygen. twitter.com/BenjaminAhr/st…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:32 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

kennedyawards Sean Flannery Award for Outstanding Radio Reporting Enter by 6pm July 1st

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 9:32 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Hey people with a memory, what’s that new far-right freedom of speech safe space that launched the other day?

ccroucher9 This is Randal he tells me this is his 50th Trump rally and he “bleeds one colour; red, white and blue”. pic.twitter.com/35399n4CQR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:18 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

PhilipinDC Eric Trump just said there are 100,000 people here in Orlando for Trump’s rally. The 20,000 seat arena is currently not full.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:18 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@franksting @ScottRhodie When I got sinbinned, the same thing happened. I lodged an appeal. They sent back the same..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sk

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

Tired: The conference program.
Wired: The Content Catalog! pic.twitter.com/E9KuUdYrXA

@SnarkyPlatypus I’d amend “full out vilified” to something a little less “18C is racism”… ;)

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@franksting @ScottRhodie Well that’s just racist, banning someone for speaking Glaswegian.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

@misosusanowa That seems a little drastic to me, but different needs etc.

via TweetDeck in reply to misosusanowa

I can’t believe I spent several minutes researching the correct Trumpian use of “horrible situation” for someone in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wg

@misosusanowa Meh, I can’t be bothered. (I will now regret those words.)

via TweetDeck in reply to misosusanowa

jonkudelka What? pic.twitter.com/dDLn7jzxIx

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:28 AM, Jun 19th, 2019 via TweetDeck)

How cute. Nice to know that someone thinks W97M.Downloader.CXJ is still worth sending. Which it is. pic.twitter.com/O3U7SnZxu6

@SnarkyPlatypus @abcnews Ducks do not have sex gently or quietly.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@abcnews BREAKING: Barnaby Joyce named leader of One Nation party. pic.twitter.com/kbZTo0ys4Q

Wed plan, draft: Laundry, while the sun shines; transcribing and the like; 1324 train to Sydney; writing en route,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fo

@SnarkyPlatypus Time to start slipping Gladys some brown envelopes, I reckon.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@Fem_Kat Yeah, you got nothing to complain about. At least not with respect to that temperature.

via TweetDeck in reply to Fem_Kat

@SnarkyPlatypus It’s good to see there’s some Roger Rogerson fans out there too.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Well here’s one way of putting it. And yes, it’s definitely a couple of degrees warmer further down the hill. pic.twitter.com/ZysLVipdwo

Wednesday. Justice will prevail. Wednesday.