March 21st, 2020

Anyway, bedtime. I’m sure you’ll all still be problematic pricks in the morning. Bye.

And that’s the last time I’ll say it that politely. Seriously, people are desperate to understand what’s going on…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0A

By all means explore the ideas and learn. Learning is good. Just keep it to yourself, or share it privately with appropriate disclaimers.

A PLEA: Can those of you playing amateur epidemiologist or medical data scientist just stop please? This isn’t a ga..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Kl

_RyanKirk This quarantine is affecting everyone in the work force, but it especially sucks for men

We’re losing $1 for every $.79 women are losing

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:17 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JustJimWillDo @realist @kels_316 @_midofo_ The sailors. Not me. I’ve never been in any kind of military.

@JustJimWillDo @realist @kels_316 @_midofo_ This one had been cleaned out. We’re not animals.

Hang on. RANR. I take that back.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

Mantzarlis I’ve been disproportionately angry about those silly “Venice is so clean now” tweets so I’m grateful to @NatGeo for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xV

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:09 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@realist @JustJimWillDo @kels_316 @_midofo_ A quantity of ammunition was expended, and there were quite a few hits..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Oq

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to realist

@JustJimWillDo @kels_316 @realist @_midofo_ And in this case it was a shitload of 9mm from about eight shooters in all. It sank.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@damana [Nods] None of what I said was directed at you. Fast threads don’t help. There are people trying to suppres..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Oq

via TweetDeck in reply to damana

@damana Sorry to have chimed in on that. I am just so over the amateur epidemiologists.

@Tony_McFadden @damana @fictillius I know a tiny, tiny, tiny about this, Tony. But I know enough to know you have n..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IP

@Tony_McFadden @damana @fictillius I see you are. So here’s the thing. It applies to you. Yes, you. I have friends..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sD

via TweetDeck in reply to Tony_McFadden

@Tony_McFadden @damana @fictillius Are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger Effect?

via TweetDeck in reply to Tony_McFadden

@damana @fictillius @Tony_McFadden Remind me again how many of you are epidemiologists? Oh yeah.

via TweetDeck in reply to damana

scottlynch78 Winston lay shackled upon the table and O’Brien stared down at him.

“Never again will you be capable of calm, or..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…d5

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:42 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark I’m trying to think of a joke involving “tractor beam” but I’ll give up.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

DougJThomas So this is what happens when I tell my Year 3 students that there won’t be NAPLAN this year. In these uncertain day..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…D8

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:38 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark With or without the disinfecting chemtrails?

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

thegreatgonzo Whenever people talk about “blitz spirit” remember they had to use fines and deploy a million people in tin helmets..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nd

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:35 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kels_316 @realist @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ I enjoy shooting, the few times I’ve done it, because of the discipline..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qq

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@JustJimWillDo @kels_316 @realist @_midofo_ Hah! It was the RAN who gave me the crash course in the Hi-Power 9mm of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vL

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @realist @_midofo_ There’s something very American about the ability to say “Can I help yo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0f

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @realist @_midofo_ Annoyingly, that day I was with someone who’d never held a gun of any k..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rl

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

HartWexford That man: Henry Kissinger twitter.com/7Sport/status/…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 10:22 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @realist @_midofo_ I believe that the polite term for “yippee shoots” is “weapon familiari..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eq

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @realist @_midofo_ American Shooters is run by ex-USMC trainers, and it’s across a car par..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1S

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @realist @_midofo_ OK, so as a lame civilian all I can say here is that I fired 60 rounds..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…R6

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@jeffsonstein I met him a few years back. He’s very convincing, until you check the citations for context.

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @realist @_midofo_ This is the ‘pedia version. I haven’t traced back sources. pic.twitter.com/Mr9p67WYI2

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@jeffsonstein Yeah Lomborg’s qualifications are political scientist and he’s basically a polemicist for the anti climate science industries.

via TweetDeck in reply to jeffsonstein

@JustJimWillDo @realist @kels_316 @_midofo_ I’ve bene all the way thru an O-boat, a live one and not just HMAS Onsl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qD

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@JustJimWillDo @realist @kels_316 @_midofo_ Yeah look you know these guys and girls take a lot of shit out of the b..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…j6

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@realist @kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ Anyway that’s 53cm, so yeah a small-ish diver can be shoved in there.

@realist @kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ There’s compressed air feeds though. ;) VOOM!

(OK they don’t do that.)

via TweetDeck in reply to realist

@realist @kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ The main standards are 18-inch and 21-inch, but there’s lots of others…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fj

via TweetDeck in reply to realist

@joannejacobs @JustJimWillDo No. At 6am, it’s Robert Fripp’s “Exposure”. As loud as you can make it. youtube.com/watch?v=hzFsDQ…

via TweetDeck in reply to joannejacobs

@kels_316 @_midofo_ @JustJimWillDo I do Melbourne frequently, or at least used to before the DEATH VIRUS came along.

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 @_midofo_ @JustJimWillDo And also, yeah, I have over-drinks stories to relate. As someone with a business..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xE

@Bloss55 @SenPaterson @larissawaters Yeah nah, I verified it. Waters’ post has now been deleted, and she said she’d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DR

via TweetDeck in reply to Bloss55

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ Hah. My mate seemed to make the transition OK. He’s no longer with us, but his t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GP

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@JustJimWillDo @kels_316 @_midofo_ Though whisky must be had at some point, yes.

@JustJimWillDo @kels_316 @_midofo_ Ah yeah, I forgot I told you. :) All good, all blood under the bridge.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ Well you should, because they’re fucking insane. Any unit that selects recruits..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1U

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@joannejacobs No. Put on some VERY LOUD punk or something.

via TweetDeck in reply to joannejacobs

This needs to be a continuing diary. twitter.com/joannejacobs/s…

@kels_316 @JustJimWillDo @_midofo_ “Baby bubblies”? Really?

(I ask this because one of my best friends ever was on..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Uz

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

Histreepix British Prime Minister Boris Johnson pledges UK can change the tide on Coronavirus in twelve weeks, or he’ll be dea..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fY

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:03 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

See this is what true class is all about. twitter.com/fesshole/statu…

Hurrah for Soviet-era techno, or something.

@JoeABCNews Yeah you really need to show those things with a log scale to see whether the rate of change is increasing or not.

via TweetDeck in reply to JoeABCNews

@kels_316 Sure. There’s still the discussion about whether Waters’ comments was all that bad. But at this hour I can’t be arsed.

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@kels_316 And look, I was wrong, I made a mistake, so the word has to be “Sorry”. And now regular service will be resumed.

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@shermozle @SenPaterson @larissawaters There’s a difference between gallows humour (which I practice regularly) and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8v

via TweetDeck in reply to shermozle

@kels_316 And now I’ve had to apologise to an ex-IPA senator. Look what this damn virus has done!

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

Five points to @SenPaterson for responding politely to everyone who, like me, thought he was pushing a fake and rep..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wy

via Twitter Web App

@SenPaterson @larissawaters And yes… it is… really, really wrong of her.

@SenPaterson @larissawaters I hope you understand that there’s a lot of misinformation around, and politicians of a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FX

LN_Master_Hub “Having sex with a small circle of of people helps prevent spreading COVID-19.”

“Alright now… everyone get into..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Yj

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:34 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@arcadiagt5 What? The Jellicoe Cats? They were indeed treated unfairly.

via TweetDeck in reply to arcadiagt5

@zzap Sadly I know nothing beyond what the esteemed Yorkshire Examiner tells us.

via TweetDeck in reply to zzap

@arcadiagt5 To be fair, they did just rummage for food in bins behind restaurants and clubs.

via TweetDeck in reply to arcadiagt5

@oberonsghost @RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus It does. He’s quite fit for a man his age, but he kinda should be.

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

shaun_vids if you’re a landlord worried about tenants not paying rent, here’s some advice: just rely on your savings. tap into..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BR

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:27 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@_midofo_ @franksting Mate I don’t want those diseased boomers near any fishing boats.

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

@oberonsghost @SnarkyPlatypus Well have you seen Russian men from that era now?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to oberonsghost

cybergibbons Heathrow is barely running 50% of scheduled flights now. pic.twitter.com/uValGZegCg

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:08 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

FXMC1957 USA No.1 on this day in 1963: The Four Seasons - Walk Like A Man youtu.be/GzoIvwNqKpw via @YouTube

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:06 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

warren_s Just saw the 13yo watching some disgusting video on the internet and now I need to sit down and explain to him in t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VC

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:06 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@PointZeroOne Yeah it was a genre that the Tube of Ewes threw at me recently, and there’s a shitload of these compilations now.

via TweetDeck in reply to PointZeroOne

@jonoabroad @RealNickHodge Don’t watch it if you’re feeling at all fragile. Trust me on this.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

@JustJimWillDo @SuperCroup I don’t want to be a cryptographer. Requires too much thinking.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@jonoabroad @RealNickHodge It makes the American film “The Day After” look soft.

@jonoabroad @RealNickHodge That one is 1h52m29s rather than 58m or so, so I’d go with that second one.

@JustJimWillDo @SuperCroup I know this. :) But I don’t have a certificate.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

@_midofo_ This is excellent goat content, yes.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to _midofo_

@_midofo_ I’m just budget-conscious. Because I’m responsible.

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

@_midofo_ Yeah but it’s luxury accommodation now. qstation.com.au

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

@JustJimWillDo @SuperCroup Yep. And then there’s the cloud on the right. Yet this photo is being run all across Bri..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Q0

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@JustJimWillDo @SuperCroup Really? So many people said they saw that. That really surprises me.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@SuperCroup Then I’m glad to be part of it.

via TweetDeck in reply to SuperCroup

Hey @SuperCroup is the Stoke Sentinel a good paper?

AequoEtBono Bin Chicken SC drops into a Legal District watering hole only to find that these days, it’s all about social distan..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1C

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:29 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

markhumphries These four hunks are giving you another reason to stay in. The Grand Final of ‘Celebrity Mastermind’ airs 7:30pm Sa..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…P2

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:26 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

I assume the Stoke Sentinel is one of Britain’s great newspapers of record.

The PA must’ve syndicated the photo with the yarn. Or the newspaper group did. Hilarious.

Amused that one of the shittiest photos I’ve ever taken was picked up by a news agency.

@tomfoster66 @dobes @davpope They’re far from the first country to do this.

via TweetDeck in reply to tomfoster66

I think @NewtonMark and @johnb78 will be amused to know that DfT has put skywriting back on Britain’s agenda.

Pleased to have my photo run in the Yorkshire Examiner and many of Britain’s finest regional newspapers. “Skywritin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x1

erstkate The questions some people ask on Quora are 🤯 pic.twitter.com/qRlZFfRUXC

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:56 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

So @dobes, I’d missed @davpope earlier but here it is. This is smoochy. pic.twitter.com/ohckyLx967

I probably need to get out tomorrow because I’ve got the urge to write a think piece.

@SuperCroup Is there a twibbon? Are twibbons still a thing?

via TweetDeck in reply to SuperCroup

@SnarkyPlatypus @moylecroft That’s very America, when you think about it.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

kels_316 I simultaneously hold the following views:

1. That the Army need to be on the streets enforcing lockdown; and

2…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tX

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 6:44 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

IvanSpyrdz @mediahunter Will the newspaper headline tomorrow be “Kenny Rogered”?

Too soon?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:43 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@CptHollingworth “Kennies”, I think. But yes, a lot.

via TweetDeck in reply to CptHollingworth

FXMC1957 21 March 1685. Johann Sebastian Bach, one the greatest composers of all time, was born in Eisenach, Germany. pic.twitter.com/CqKVdetGy7

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 6:40 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

If you’re thinking of making a “They killed Kenny!” joke, please note this and reconsider. twitter.com/search?q=%22th…

joneaves Sure, why the fuck not. Bring it. twitter.com/FUBARrockchick…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:36 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus “Britain will fight to the last Australian, Canadian, or New Zealander,” which doesn..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Nu

@RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus Hahaha! There’s a curious bit spliced in the middle about India, as if they forgot a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9K

@RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus Indeed. I’ve seen a few of these films before, as well as those booklets to read bef..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4b

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

@RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus I like how they refer to Hitler as “The fella who calls the signals on the Axis team..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QD

@RealNickHodge @SnarkyPlatypus It’s a curious film. American propaganda about how tough and brilliant the British are.

NOW WATCHING: From the US National Archives, “Know Your Ally: Britain” (1943) youtube.com/watch?v=2SOvr9…

SnarkyPlatypus loooooooooooooool twitter.com/NewtonMark/sta…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:42 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

shane_reaction_ Not now, Enya pic.twitter.com/RWOLuBKSA3

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:27 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@drspacejunk Evil Space Queens needs to be finished, but then there’s so many of them!

via TweetDeck in reply to drspacejunk

I wish to make it clear that I didn’t have a photo of a capybara fucking a tortoise just lying around. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

phbarratt PS In a past life I held the statutory office of “Director of Quarantine” so I know a little bit about how this wor..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…c1

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 5:09 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

phbarratt Bad luck, Border Force. You exercise the power, so you are the decision maker under the law. You can take all the a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…iq

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 5:09 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kels_316 Well the more you think about it the more questions arise.

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

Still thinking about the correct way to use a capybara.

poleposters Whoever wrote that “Imagine” song should be shot.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:07 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kels_316 Cop: “Evening, Sir. And why are you spending so much time in these toilets tonight?”
Punter: “I’m here to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ck

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

stilgherrian “Hand Washing In Patient Care”, a 1962 Nurse Instructional Film (11m23s) youtube.com/watch?v=FW2Xis…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:56 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

@RhombusHatesYou @evolbrain How does an idiot use a capybara? And what is the intelligent way to use a capybara? Th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…zb

via TweetDeck in reply to RhombusHatesYou

natecochrane If you’re tempted to write “Govt said”, “PM said” or “Govt expert says” pick up the phone & call an outside voice…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Al

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:43 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

evolbrain Friends, if you’re out and about, please keep a tapir’s length from others. pic.twitter.com/tl5SrqmRGe

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:42 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@DrRhysPockett Head into Thaitown. Go to Pontip on Campbell St.

via TweetDeck in reply to DrRhysPockett

@FrKarlSinclair You could stand on their lawn and shout at them.

via TweetDeck in reply to FrKarlSinclair

@FrKarlSinclair Hey it’s worth a shot, and your congregation is bound to be an expert in this shit.

via TweetDeck in reply to FrKarlSinclair

JasonKander Homeschooling is hard. I walked away for one minute. pic.twitter.com/Jaf1thgs6t

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:23 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“How Spanish flu nearly ripped apart Australia’s fledgling federation” by @PPDaley (14 Mar) theguardian.com/world/postcolo…

“A lone traveller heading to South Australia brought this deadly flu to Ballarat [in 1919]” by @calebcluff thecourier.com.au/story/6639227/…

@FrKarlSinclair How are your gardening skills? And I’m guessing you have some garden space at your place?

via TweetDeck in reply to FrKarlSinclair

@alexkidman Yes, that one is probably better for the audience.

via TweetDeck in reply to alexkidman

JohnCleese In the same way that you have to be slightly intelligent to realise that you’re not very intelligent…

You have t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1v

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:10 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

MatthewBevan 12 days ago twitter.com/skynewsaust/st…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:07 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@FrKarlSinclair About buying seeds? Or about the failure?

via TweetDeck in reply to FrKarlSinclair

I have been informed that a nearby Bunnings in the Blue Mountains has been doing a roaring trade in seeds and seedl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nh

alexkidman Testing a proof of concept that may help:

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 3:58 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

syperek In other news, my 5-year-old has drawn ‘a man made of bums’ pic.twitter.com/vV4S0EqlLu

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:56 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@Mimfilip @sanspoint Maybe we don’t have sex the same way.

via TweetDeck in reply to Mimfilip

@franksting Further down in the thread. Just another dumb rumour. twitter.com/samanthamaiden…

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

femmocollective Someone just described Jared Leto as Aldi’s Johnny Depp and I’m dying

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:39 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

NeolithicSheep So you’ll be sitting there taking a shit while doing something that more or less looks like you’re jerking off a corn cob.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:38 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

NeolithicSheep You can tell he’s never done this because you don’t use cooked cobs. You use the cobs from feed corn after you’ve r..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xo

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:38 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

sanspoint The City of New York has issued guidance on how to fuck during the Pandemic.

This is real.

www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/dow…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:34 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

luoshanji “NOTICE: Midnight porn-watching neighbor: Please delete our bluetooth speaker from your phone. Here are the instruc..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fc

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:29 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kcarruthers @staffo_sez @NathanaelB It could just be a spy robot. Has it tried handing you a message?

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

TimeCubeEXE Without Time Cube, your life right is voided.

via TimeCubeBot (retweeted on 3:14 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@purserj @SuperCroup @johnb78 And yet I’m sure we all have a little list…

via TweetDeck in reply to purserj

@flatuselatus @chazhutton Maybe it is the Second Eternal September.

via TweetDeck in reply to flatuselatus

SuperCroup Any fucker who calls me without texting first to see if it’s okay to call will be removed from my life, and also pe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gx

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:01 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@paulkidd I knew it was them’s fault!

via TweetDeck in reply to paulkidd

beccalew elon musk follows exactly 81 accounts on twitter, and two of those accounts are rick and morty and south park. a third is quillette magazine

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:53 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@franksting @NetflixANZ That’s annoying. Oh well, I’d ignore it and see what happens. But then I’m lazy.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

oz_f I’m sure there’s context to this but it’s still very funny pic.twitter.com/GvZVvEbsta

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:49 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@franksting @NetflixANZ Nope. Scam. Note US phone number when it’s going to be Netflix Australia here.

via TweetDeck in reply to franksting

@colourmeamused_ Nah, wombats are fine. I don’t hate them They’re just jerks.

via TweetDeck in reply to colourmeamused_

@TimWattsMP Which is fair, because we’re all living on burrowed time. [Bows]

via TweetDeck in reply to TimWattsMP

“Are ‘busloads’ of shoppers really stripping Australia’s regional supermarkets bare?” Short answer: No. theguardian.com/world/2020/mar…

@kcarruthers @staffo_sez @NathanaelB Lucky you. And dammit, Andrew, I didn’t think about not-quite-owls.

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

flglmn normally i hate the pledge but this neighborhood of parents and children gathering in the rain in their pajamas to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aH

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:34 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

This works for me. Quokkas are bullshit animals anyway, as you may have seen me say in the past. twitter.com/Craig_Harvey/s…

I wonder what Australia’s quarantine mascot would be? twitter.com/mondomascots/s…

I got 5/10 in the @SatPaper quiz this week, but I would’ve gotten 7 if I hadn’t rushed through it. thesaturdaypaper.com.au/quiz/2020/03/21 @SnarkyPlatypus?

Meanwhile, a fact from computing science. twitter.com/johnregehr/sta…

@joannejacobs @kcarruthers Also it is likely to be a Powerful Owl unless it goes “boo-book” in which case it’s a Boobook.

@joannejacobs @kcarruthers I don’t think Closet Owls are a thing, Joanne.

via TweetDeck in reply to joannejacobs

SuperCroup (No lockdowns and schools staying open are clear decisions that have been made.) twitter.com/AliceShawLand/…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:13 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian REMINDER: “Flatten the Curve of Armchair Epidemiology” medium.com/@noahhaber/fla…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:12 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

stilgherrian I reckon I’ll be retweeting this daily for the next year. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:12 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

emilycmulligan Doctors when you have something wrong: “I’m not that precise type of doctor, I couldn’t comment”

Random doctors in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2p

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:11 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@NickyWill100 Ah. Right. A concatenation of boofheadery. ;)

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@kcarruthers Maybe the owl is not what it seems.

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

I wonder whether the NSW Police Minister is able to make us not want to bulldoze him into a landfill.

dailytelegraph
It is understood Police Minister David Elliott insisted on the move after thousands of beach-goers again..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xs

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:49 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

chaser Please restrain your extroverts

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:49 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Constababble Already had a mate shorten quarantine by saying:

“A heap of our staff have to go into quazza.”

He works in Aussie..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ua

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:47 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

RadioFreeTom Because of course she does twitter.com/BillyCorben/st…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:43 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Remember, healthy eaters, the coronavirus is all-natural, organic, vegan, and gluten-free. Go for it.

coopesdetat ‘Mild’ COVID is what most people may remember as one of the worst flu episodes of their life. It’s very unpleasant…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…t0

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:36 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

thomas_violence must be awful, wandering around y your mansion listlessly, going from room to room to room to room to room to room..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wz

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:31 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

This is one of the more stupid things I’ve seen today, though I admit things are moving fast… twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/…

via Twitter Web App

noxrosa I have a PhD, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what you’re supposed to do on this kindergarten worksheet. pic.twitter.com/ZBCDph3uvs

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:25 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

YaaAsantewaaBa The only lesson I’m learning is that the state has always had the means to help poor people. But will only do so wh..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…A2

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:22 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

mdavisqlder This is true. pic.twitter.com/bDoj28YPD8

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:19 PM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Brunch, the start thereof. But you can’t have any because I’ve already cooked and eaten it. pic.twitter.com/kU4dyJthWJ

kvanaren 2yo’s entire daycare class is on a zoom call together. a dozen 2yos, all on a conference call.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:14 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

TimMacAndErny Just in case quarantined Paris wasn’t disorientating enough: my neighbourhood was being used as a film set when the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WO

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:13 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Hmmm. It seems that I’ve spent most of the last hour sketching out the structure and some scripting for a podcast…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…P2

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@munin My bedroom is also a very special place.

via TweetDeck in reply to munin

graham_euan It’s not widely known that Japan was meant to host the XII Olympiad, in 1940. Tokyo had to wait another 24 years, a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MY

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

It takes true mastery of the art of being a sociopathic prick to generate a ratio like this. I feel like I want to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…zI

KyleClark Tip: If you’re calling it something other than COVID-19 or coronavirus at this point, everyone else knows why.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:30 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

beneltham Panic buying houses. Only in Australia. twitter.com/ricyet/status/…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:28 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

existentialcoms Landlords do not “provide” housing.

Construction workers provide housing. Landlords, in fact, do the opposite of p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…g4

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:28 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@davispg All too true. When I’m asked to be on TV, and for that matter on radio these days, it’s to support a pre-e..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9D

via TweetDeck in reply to davispg

Wow. This is certainly in the category of “decisive action”., @SnarkyPlatypus. twitter.com/thomas_m_wilso…

@AdelaideBook @TroveAustralia Ah yes, I’d been thinking that variants would be needed to focus down on specifics. I..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AG

via TweetDeck in reply to AdelaideBook

PulpLibrarian Life in lockdown is at least bearable because of technology: Skype, Spotify, broadband etc. But what was life like..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bl

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:12 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Read this whole thread, yes do, but this for me is the hook. twitter.com/vgr/status/124…

odyneson THIS is exactly what that video of the celebrities singing feels like while people are dying from a pandemic pic.twitter.com/euznkxtttK

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:05 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Sat plan: I’m just going to potter around the place, reading and listening to podcasts and the like. I do have A Ce..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Oa

@ApostrophePong A lot of places in AU have been doing the same sort of thing. All the food delivery services can ju..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xW

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

AmericanAir Our first cargo-only flight, since 1984, departed from @DFWAirport to Frankfurt, Germany, filled with medical suppl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DV

via Sprout Social (retweeted on 9:50 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@parisba I guess I’ll just have to htfu.

via TweetDeck in reply to parisba

@oberonsghost This is more likely to be weather-related. Coles had a bunch of leafy categories labelled with signs..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qq

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

@parisba I should pitch it. As long as I don’t have to produce it. Or ever see it.

via TweetDeck in reply to parisba

Noahpinion Can you die of NIMBYISM?

Yes. Yes you fucking can. twitter.com/annehelen/stat…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:37 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Bondi Dickheads go global. I also like how the interviewees think it’s the other people who are gathering there, bu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Gt

chazhutton September? Everyone ok with September? twitter.com/chazhutton/sta…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:20 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

donmoyn Fauci’s reaction when Trump refers to the “Deep State Department” pic.twitter.com/Svn4kv7Kt1

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:13 AM, Mar 21st, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Today’s Blue Mountains weather seems adequate. pic.twitter.com/scTmwsKLix

Saturday. Behold, Tortoise Heaven! Saturday.