June 14th, 2020

@jonkudelka You just have gravel and penguins down there though.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jonkudelka

WhoresofYore Fiends, covens, cunty men! Lend me your ears.

Listen to me and Dan Snow shooting the breeze about sex history and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…T4

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:32 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@master_ofsome @tzehern_ Bit of a long bow, especially as there’s only four jobs listed. And you could also go doct..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…T2

via TweetDeck in reply to master_ofsome

@jonkudelka @Davelennonabc Winning the meat tray is my superpower. But only if it’s the first time I’ve played at that pub.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonkudelka

jonkudelka Busted. pic.twitter.com/K59FnpnxnL

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:04 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

BroHilderchump Police protect 142yo statue of British sailor

Police block Djabwurrung people from protecting 800yo birthing trees..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QC

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:58 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ChuckTingle as of right now TRANS WIZARD HARRIET PORBER AND THE BAD BOY PARASAUROLOPHUS is outselling any similarly titled stor..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…16

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:57 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@RoyceWilsonAU Well I have now received an official directive to “suck it up” lol.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to RoyceWilsonAU

@phbarratt Yep, proper nouns don’t get changed.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to phbarratt

@elbaroni Oh proper nouns don’t get changed.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to elbaroni

@manindotblack News writing doesn’t have footnotes.

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

@jonoabroad Well he may have other things in his life.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

@RoyceWilsonAU [Nods] This is my thinking too, but I’m not filing until the morning so I’ll let it sit for now.

via TweetDeck in reply to RoyceWilsonAU

I know, but I am speaking to an international audience. Arsehat. twitter.com/juhasaarinen/s…

The word is not the name of anything, like Department of Defense. It’s just a word.

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

A style question for grump copy editors! I am writing in Australian English, but quoting at length from a US docume..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1C

CONT3NTKINGS “Things will get back to normal by July”

July: pic.twitter.com/RDozxvBqS2

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:33 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

The main result of this week’s (lack of) productivity was Monday’s podcast, so you could listen to that. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

NEW BLOG POST: “Weekly Wrap 524: Coronablues and a corpse, probably” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/52… Covers 8–14 June 2020pic.twitter.com/jtDVUFip0V0V

RobertArnol In other news, Police are searching for the artist who painted a tunnel and the Roadrunner on the side of a bridge…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nv

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:57 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Rosella vs Cuckoo-Dove continues today. Also, a Pied Currawong stuck its nose in, but it wandered off when it saw t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7o

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

NewtonMark “Hello I’d like to invite you to connect to my network on LinkedIn.” pic.twitter.com/m2Iuhbl5ZL

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 4:22 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

sylmobile [POLL]: You’re in a pub, with these beers on tap, which do you choose?

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:17 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

WarWraith Look, I’m still not sure what all the fuss is over the Confederate flag. Looks simple enough to me. pic.twitter.com/XqUapUWQ2S

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:14 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

juliachanb February 2020: could this meeting have been an email?

April 2020: could this zoom have been a phone call?

June 20..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9e

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:44 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

SwiftOnSecurity Every single piece of software in Microsoft Office is one of the most valuable and powerful pieces of technology ev..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jm

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:44 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

tzehern_ thinking about the artist who had to design this ST infographic pic.twitter.com/paAGOPYjhC

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:44 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

UncleDuke1969 “DON’T WORRY FOLKS, I’VE GOT EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL.” pic.twitter.com/UTeR72lpAr

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:40 PM, Jun 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@AshleyLeahy See the very next tweet in that thread. :) There were a LOT of replies overnight with many, many examp..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pQ

via TweetDeck in reply to AshleyLeahy

@perrynfowler @ariaflame Perhaps not, only inter-school sports? That’s a huge trope in teen movie.

via TweetDeck in reply to perrynfowler

@perrynfowler @ariaflame Oh there were houses, yes. I spoke about that too. I didn’t know it was ubiquitous in publ..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rh

via TweetDeck in reply to perrynfowler

Hey @dobes @purserj I think @elisethoma5 has coined a much better use for “APT”. twitter.com/elisethoma5/st…

This thread from late last night has convinced me that School Houses (names groupings of the students) must be all..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Og

@elisethoma5 Fortunately* there don’t-feed-the-birds view is being seriously challenged there days.

“Yes it’s okay..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…iv

via TweetDeck in reply to elisethoma5

Or, I might not. So there’s today’s dramatic tension for you.

It’s true. Quite a lovely day, really. I might do the laundry after all. pic.twitter.com/f77VkQifWr

Sunday. Plant the seeds of despair, you mortals! Sunday.

Goddammit 2am.

And yet this is the beauty of empire. ;) twitter.com/johnmcternan/s…

@strikhedonia01 It was a private school in the 1970s, quite an elite one, but I was just some prole there on a scholarship.

via TweetDeck in reply to strikhedonia01

@Taraustralis Lol. SFO is more Melbourne, in many ways. Gold rushes from 1849 and 1851 respectively, but yes more r..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CL

via TweetDeck in reply to Taraustralis