October 25th, 2020

I’m going to bed now. You can do what you want.

The research for this livestream is doing my head in, but here we are. Next Saturday night, 8pm to midnight AEDT at..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vc

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@twcau Yep that one turned up in mine too. Small world.

via TweetDeck in reply to twcau

ZackBornstein The only thing I’ll miss from this administration is them swapping in new Melanias and just pretending we won’t not..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IR

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:52 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“6 Easy Masturbation Hacks For Men” (1m28s, so there’s a joke to be made right there) youtube.com/watch?v=1au5S9…

paulkidd ‘I am informing you that I have signed this petition, which I consider to be a futile gesture.’ Classic Malcolm. twitter.com/turnbullmalcol…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:35 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Paul_Karp Melbourne post Covid is going to have early 1990s Berlin energy: fisting clubs in the old meatworks, people smoking..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bF

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:28 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@aggerchez It may well still be. I am not an expert in these matters.

via TweetDeck in reply to aggerchez

AnarchyCoo MOO. DESTROY SOMETHING. YOU’LL FEEL BETTER. REALLY! pic.twitter.com/V0jz5oezJv

via Anarcoo (retweeted on 8:10 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

I’m doing research for Saturday’s “The 9pm Halloween Bad Sex State Election Live” podcast and I’ve discovered this,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…M7

MicroSFF A spaceship landed in the park. An alien emerged, carrying a foldable chair. They set the chair up on the grass, an..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WT

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 7:36 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@JohnBirmingham Oh great, so now what’s she going to eat?

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBirmingham

susie_dent Word of the day is ‘pinchfart’ (16th century): a miser; one who withholds money to the detriment of others.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:34 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

roweafr PoliticsNow#103 @FinancialReview pic.twitter.com/UxDQLAoqxq

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:31 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

xssfox I have questions, but I don’t know what to ask first. pic.twitter.com/lVC8sW26nW

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:29 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

wheelswordsmith somehow, this is the worst thing to happen in 2020 pic.twitter.com/8RCYs66p5u

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:51 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

The tunnel plans for the Sydney Metro extension, I guess. twitter.com/jxeeno/status/…

NEW BLOG POST: “Weekly Wrap 543: Generosity, moistness, and cybers” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/54… Covers 19–25 October 20twitter.com/i/web/status/1…i4pv

BirdlifeOz ‘Five million birds counted’ has such a satisfying ring to it… and we are so close! A count or two before dinner..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aw

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:08 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

As for the Pozible campaign, the next stretch goal is for an end-of-year panel episode, and we’re 81% of the way th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7d

But yeah, “The 9pm Halloween Bad Sex State Election Live” will be happening on Saturday at 8pm AEDT and running for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bz

NEW PODCAST: “Updating ‘The 9pm End of Spring Series 2020’” (6m30s) stilgherrian.com/edict/00119b/ It’s also on all the po..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BE

hardmaru One of the most well-known pieces of software for downloading YouTube videos, “youtube-dl” was removed from GitHub..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bK

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:29 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@carolprobets Thanks, Carol. I have Simpson & Day as my printed field guide. I might go with the P&K app because it..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Kn

via TweetDeck in reply to carolprobets

“Stoat Kit Goes Wild Bouncing On Children’s Trampoline” for the attention of @darrenpauli youtube.com/watch?v=HESe9v…

SuperCroup Exactly! No need to take action as Communications Minister and Prime Minister when you could use the much more powe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0j

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:20 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@christopherneal @NewtonMark @joelpmichael @dobes @rohan_p Pffft! I don’t see why not. In many ways it’d be easier.

via TweetDeck in reply to christopherneal

__apf__ The surprise last minute candidate PLANT is polling very well in our district pic.twitter.com/HckrShQXjY

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:12 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

__apf__ my kid is throwing a tantrum because he does not get to vote. I tried to explain why a three year old cannot vote…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kg

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:12 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@joelpmichael @NewtonMark @dobes @rohan_p No I think that’s about a different thing. We were referring to this earl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IV

via TweetDeck in reply to joelpmichael

gnuman1979 What do you say to someone like that? pic.twitter.com/w2Bu1z9owe

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:08 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

_Jack_Graham_ “You took me out of context!”
“What was the context?”
“The context was that it was ME talking, and oiks like you don’t get to criticise ME.”

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:06 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

_Jack_Graham_ The context in “You took me out of context!” is usually the context of the person saying it not expecting or wantin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ZE

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:05 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

mikko Highly unusual ransom case underway here in Finland: a private psychotherapy clinic was hacked, and the therapist n..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kc

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 12:03 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Joannechocolat 19th-century product review. pic.twitter.com/Wo4AgyiOYZ

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:02 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

GeoffLemonSport No one knew that Elon Musk’s kid plays cricket. pic.twitter.com/VW4qAHapOj

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:01 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Brian_Castner They re-invented flak. twitter.com/FeWoessner/sta…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:00 PM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

TerribleMaps Map of all the countries where the prime minister shat themselves in McDonald’s pic.twitter.com/bDOR7bRoob

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:57 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@jryderau Oh right! Gawd those were the days… Thank you!

via TweetDeck in reply to jryderau

Hey @gathgwyn: ” Cat Tv For Cats To Watch - Blue Tits, Robin and Nuthatch” youtube.com/watch?v=7GrkCM…

@billplein Australia has way too many parrots, and most of them are thugs. But yes, the crimson rosella is magnific..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8H

via TweetDeck in reply to billplein

There are some clips though. Norman Gunston & Little Patti: “I Got You Babe” youtube.com/watch?v=ri01U-…

Last night I found and watched this: “The Norman Gunston Show” s01 e06 (1975) youtube.com/watch?v=1ckIKh… Couldn’t find any other full episodes.

FriendsOfSciMed Paleo Pete Evans wins Bent Spoon for second time skeptics.com.au/2020/10/25/pal… via @AustSkeptics

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:27 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

robertwadginski “Europeans are bewildered that Americans seem to tolerate fascism, even the good ones, because their experience of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yz

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:25 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Watching a crimson rosella intimidate a brown cuckoo-dove. Each time the dove lands on a small branch within ~5m of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…X1

@christopherneal @twcau @dobes @rohan_p @NewtonMark Which could be “When the carriers sort out their systems we’ll..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mw

via TweetDeck in reply to christopherneal

@twcau @dobes @rohan_p @NewtonMark Interesting. The implication, at least for me, is that in part it’s about carrie..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lC

via TweetDeck in reply to twcau

JohnBarronUSA This is very odd. “They” don’t talk about a plane crash killing 500 people because… “it hasn’t happened”. twitter.com/atrupar/status…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:10 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

BuchananLiz ice extent 2020s pic.twitter.com/gIzN8xjZUX

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@brentspargo It’s a wonderfully peaceful state of being.

via TweetDeck in reply to brentspargo

Sun plan: A lazy day, mostly, but I’ll tidy up the Pozible campaign for its final 4-day push, map out the week ahea..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3q

@R_Chirgwin Looks straightforward enough. Were you con-fused?

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

For some reason The Twitter isn’t showing me the tweet that I also had in there for context. Here is that tweet. twitter.com/ferrisjabr/sta…

Ah, I see that everyone is an expert in all the things again this morning.

While I agree with @CARROT_app’s assessment of the Blue Mountains weather today, I do have other things to do. pic.twitter.com/xyblDLfVbm

@GordyPls Using “But it’s 2020!” as a reason for things to happen seems like a dangerous path to me.

via TweetDeck in reply to GordyPls

DoktrNick This photograph is of a bee, not a Bee-eater. It just happens that there is a Bee-eater in it as well. pic.twitter.com/NSXveSFtoB

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:31 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@dobes @rohan_p @NewtonMark @developerjack Now I’m curious about the engineering aspects of this. Do we have a tame..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…zp

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

So all up an iPhone 12 can have 8G but not 9G let alone 10G @dobes @rohan_p @NewtonMark. twitter.com/developerjack/…

Probably enough left over to fry The Ooooolmunn’s brain too. twitter.com/abcnews/status…

Kate_McClymont Is it just me or is it at Aldi with great deals on the 3in1 Hacksaw and the cable ties? pic.twitter.com/A2pdm7eRR8

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:13 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@dobes Your honeyeater looks wet.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@jodiem Actually yes I do seem to remember @kcarruthers being involved somehow.

via TweetDeck in reply to jodiem

SMALL PLUG AND CELEBRATION: Last night “The 9pm Halloween Bad Sex State Election Live” became a thing, so that will..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rv

Sunday. It is good to be spherical. Try it. Sunday.

Goodness me it’s late. Gorn.

@NewtonMark @purserj @manindotblack Yeah, look I’m not sure they were the expensive bit in thi… Oh wait. American GIs. As you were.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

keftiugal Who had living, defrosted prehistoric worms on their 2020 bingo card? No. Just no.

Russian scientists thawed sever..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Uz

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 12:24 AM, Oct 25th, 2020 via TweetDeck)