March 19th, 2021

@_midofo_ @GretchenAMcC This is her book. See her profile for details.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to _midofo_

@GretchenAMcC The whole concept of “ironic typography” is alone worth the price of this book.

@GretchenAMcC Wow. As someone who “writes” for a living this is a sublime observation. pic.twitter.com/Jn0ryNAI4t

I am based on real events.

quaedvliegs Problem analysis problem. twitter.com/davidleyonhjel…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:48 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

yun_aus Yep always ethnic minorities that may be biased. As we all know, white people are never biased due to their ethnici..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0N

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:45 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

rokwon Asian reporters fluent in Korean who know Atlanta are being told they might be too biased to cover the shootings

&..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PU

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:44 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

DrBeeZee “Might does not make right” said the superpower

“Wait”, said Alice, “but you just said that your military superior..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9n

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:36 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

The Perth coach’s eyes are too close together.

@JrehnJ @GretchenAMcC Few books can command the same attention as Senate committee Hansard. Kill me now.

@JrehnJ @GretchenAMcC I have not. I read very few books these days because workload, but I am intrigued.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JrehnJ

@kcarruthers @GretchenAMcC Look we are but right now I didn’t need Gretchen to tell me.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kcarruthers

@JanJoostBouwman This is now an actual sportsball question and have no idea.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JanJoostBouwman

@TimWattsMP @GretchenAMcC I’m about a third of the way through and agree. (I did both linguistics and computing sci..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Lw

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to TimWattsMP

@jpwarren @GretchenAMcC I’m about 3/4 of the way through this chapter’s exposition of the four broad demographic ba..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Az

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jpwarren

I’m reading @GretchenAMcC’s “Because Internet” and cringing because I’m being classed as “old internet people”. pic.twitter.com/8ExUSwvNSi

@oberonsghost @drspacejunk Like Musk will worry about that. Earth laws do not apply, he reckons.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to oberonsghost

@oberonsghost @drspacejunk I think Alice and I talked about this on the pod? We really need to jump ahead to Mars a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2e

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to oberonsghost

damonayoung I accidentally bought the UK edition of Trivial Pursuit and every third question is like:

Which Scunthorpe tight-..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…do

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:28 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@ApostrophePong That’s the one! Probably need to change “Aborigine” to “Indigenous Australians” though. You didn’t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…NQ

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to ApostrophePong

orgy_o_agamben it’s so funny people are still doing the “google it, it’s not our job to educate you” thing when one of the key les..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tf

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:11 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Hey @ApostrophePong remember when we walked the Bridge on its 75th, with the “surprise” smoking ceremony? Totally o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bZ

Look up Cazneaux. You’ll learn something. twitter.com/ArtGalleryofNS…

@franksting @paulkidd Three of the five screens in this room are showing varieties of sportsball so I am at one with the Zeitgeist.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to franksting

TIL the Socceroos fields dead players. pic.twitter.com/b1u2tX1GW3

“Australia launches probe into alleged ‘kill/capture’ mission in Libya,” because we all love stories of allegedly d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pb

“Remember that cigar-shaped interstellar asteroid? It’s not an asteroid. Or cigar-shaped.” Is nothing real any more?
abc.net.au/news/2021-03-1…

“When a quarry worker cracked open a slab, he unearthed a ‘winged’ shark that had been hidden for 66 million years…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kI

jonasLyk Protocol based exploits are always fun- there is many built into windows by default.

But there is way more once yo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9x

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:54 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

SuperCroup 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Quite a long letter for something that says absolutely nothing. pic.twitter.com/sYf8ZbB6oC

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:57 PM, Mar 19th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

I like my Friday afternoon emails from @JohnBirmingham. pic.twitter.com/a9M8IAhrt9

Mission Accomplished! I’ve just recorded a lovely podcast with @patstokes and you should be able to listen to it to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ri

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

@camdenlawyer At least there was until it was updated to reflect reality.

@jodiem The also offer to close the gate on the way out to save you walking back, and are generally helpful. This is not the city, Dorothy.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jodiem

Karen and Karen discuss how much they’re looking forward to this weekend’s drum circle and dream therapy, oblivious..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ZQ

I would like to thank autocarrot for improving my tweets.

There show is on the road. Or in this case, track. Or maybe pond. pic.twitter.com/jkGndyrGtY

@leoniedoyle Lol that doesn’t happen in the temperatures up here. Maybe when I’m in more tropical climes.

via TweetDeck in reply to leoniedoyle

spindlypete shit! SHIT!! pic.twitter.com/d6MuYR4ILQ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:28 AM, Mar 19th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

@tacticalmaid I’m starting to get a nice little collection of recordings, both audio and video. This pleases me.

via TweetDeck in reply to tacticalmaid

@leoniedoyle Or open them? Nah “draw” is just the same as “drag” so it can be in either direction.

via TweetDeck in reply to leoniedoyle

I shot a little more video this morning. Here’s a frame grab. pic.twitter.com/4qKeUc7Eks

Listening to today’s @abcnews Coronacast, “Does the vaccine cure long COVID?” pca.st/dxp8oz72

via Twitter Web App

Lol. I draw the curtains. There is a sudden fluttering. My magnificent Magpie Army arrives. pic.twitter.com/OkcQPwnp1H

@JoRosey1 I know that people really want this to be a useful thing, but it’s not a new idea. Adding a magic app in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…f8

@JoRosey1 Except it doesn’t clearly show that, unless the use of app for every sexual encounter is normalised. The..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dD

via TweetDeck in reply to JoRosey1

Fri plan: Quick chores; podcast pre-production; 1124 train to Sydney; scripting en route; 1415 podcast recording; h..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bb

@cortney_dc Just think of all the wonders you have to look forward to!

via TweetDeck in reply to cortney_dc

In the Blue Mountains the Great Sog continues for yet another day. Again. And just look at that overnight rainfall! pic.twitter.com/ya1oDQGJc9

Friday. If you knew it was going to be this complicated then you shouldn’t have started it. Friday.