June 14th, 2021

The main problem with this layout is that if you want to have a crafty wank over Hot Ablo then you’re going to do y..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cl

Today’s critter from @bunjaree: Is it a snail? Is it a slug? It’s Helicarion cuvieri, a “semi-slug”! (Not my photo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…K8

@jonkudelka That’s why you give them an OA.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonkudelka

@_midofo_ Yep, and perhaps some interesting colour variants. But that said, I dunno that I want to hang around there for too long.

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

Yellowfin tuna (Thunnus albacares). pic.twitter.com/CK93vfBM8J

@_midofo_ @DDsD It’s only a little piece, a gift. I promise I haven’t been exploding any bombs. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

ICYMI because you were having a long weekend, on Friday night I posted a podcast with a very lovely guest. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

marquelawyers “Sausage first, then onions” pic.twitter.com/yasaC3kXAu

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:09 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

pointlesslettrs PARAGRAPH ONE” “Bloody climate change scaremongers at it again.”

PARAGRAPH THREE: “The weather these days just isn..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aV

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:08 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@juhasaarinen @zern Please be not trolling my friends. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to juhasaarinen

@NewtonMark Yes, and I saw your comment about the engine too. It’ll be interesting to see if/how this improves things like fuel efficiency.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

This is the last game of series two. Player numbers have been declining. I’m still to decide what I might do in the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…51

EXACTLY 72 HOURS FROM NOW: “The 8pm Quiz” S02 E05 livestream is this Thursday 17 June at 8pm AEST…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JJ

thejimmalo I’m not an expert on the SAS but is two dog-shooting-related accidents a lot? Because it seems like a lot pic.twitter.com/3ioOdGUXQC

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:58 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

baalhisses As a very old person I feel qualified to say that most modern media set in the 80s fails to capture how fucking bro..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5G

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:55 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

NewtonMark I don’t have a FJ arrest hot take. Everyone involved is a sociopathic piece of shit — Shanks, the arrested producer.twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dsk

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:53 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

JamColley Took me a long time to work out this gymnast hadn’t ripped off her own head as part of the routine pic.twitter.com/A8Ab1KN9f2

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:50 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

Erica_fosk “we interrupted our drag show to shoot at Nazis” is a truly powerful energy I want to bring back twitter.com/oliharris808/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:50 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Twitter Web App)

jonkudelka Dark Mofo has really gone downhill imho. twitter.com/mckinnon_a/sta…

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:45 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@DDsD Ooooh! Now I want to know if there’s any of them in my piece of trinitite.

via TweetDeck in reply to DDsD

@morebento @jpwarren My favourite fact is that they had the option to buy real estate dot com dot au for a mere $19..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OA

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

BadVaccineTakes Raw cheese = unpasteurised
liver = high Vitamin A,
both dangerous for pregnancies.

Eating them because a spoon st..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…l4

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:33 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@jpwarren @morebento Lol yes, though this was also a media organisation that was relatively early to use the intern..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mo

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@zern Oh, also, since I am not on Facebook or LinkedIn or other networks that normal people use, it’d be marvellous..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7V

@DrRhysPockett @zern Done. :) Yeah that question isn’t clear from the website. m1143.wordpress.com/about/ I imagine th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LA

via TweetDeck in reply to DrRhysPockett

Why do men avoid seeking counselling? My friend and erstwhile colleague @zern is looking for “middle-aged white-col..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…w8

@NickyWill100 @annie_parker Sydney’s summer humidity does have its advantages lol.

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@morebento @jpwarren Lol. I think we brought people into our boardroom because there was a really big fat pipe.

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

@morebento @jpwarren Yeah it was still pretty common the late 1990s. In 1995–1996 I was still regularly doing “Whattwitter.com/i/web/status/1…nvhf

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

@NickyWill100 Gotcha. I was wondering how the whole geometry thing worked.

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@NickyWill100 Hows… how does that work? How can your underpants get past your feet without you noticing? are thes..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ud

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

“Since the age of 25, I have instructed my employees and secretaries, so I don’t use computers myself,” he said, wh..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…u7

“System error: Japan cybersecurity minister admits he has never used a computer. Yoshitaka Sakurada also seemed con..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Vw

StevieoftheEast Background on the NSW police ‘fixated persons unit’ including commissioner Mick Fuller’s explanation of its purpose..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jx

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:12 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@lazy_atom The problem here isn’t kinkshaming, I don’t think, but that if being a tethered target is an attractive..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DY

via TweetDeck in reply to lazy_atom

Hmmm. I didn’t get any writing done today, so it’ll be an early night for me and then an early start tomorrow. That..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mj

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

EMdocinabox on today in history i learned about the most effective method for getting cpr out to the masses @FisherAD1..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ey

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:55 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@bastardsheep @oldscarab Goddammit I’d forgotten about the 1923 film. My question now is whether there’s an anime version of this story.

via TweetDeck in reply to bastardsheep

@JohnBirmingham Also, this is a ridiculous way to make living. Not that I got paid for that tweet. But we are fortunate people.

@JohnBirmingham Lol I was actually thinking of you as I said that.

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBirmingham

I spent way too long on that tweet.

The Fruddly Juggledud is a muntskulled buttmuppet who should be tethered at the side of a highway as a target for h..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bu

@hellohistoria Make sure you set it to record video first.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to hellohistoria

It’s good to see the Great Western Highway’s traditional end-of-long-weekend traffic jam in place already. pic.twitter.com/NancyVp09B

@EleriMT Yeah things were a bit untidy, and the Mountains trains aren’t exactly full today. Would’ve been a great day for riding though.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to EleriMT

@druey Yeah I went through that thought process too. :) I guess someone had to draw the short straw and delaying th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…23

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to druey

All this faffing about because of trackwork is making the trip from Ashfield to Wentworth Falls take 2 hours 39 min..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VG

Ah it was to allow run WN15 to Bathurst to pass ahead of us, W555.

I’d been thinking of waiting for that train for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aF

For reasons which are not clear, this is timetabled to sit at Valley Heights for 13 minutes. pic.twitter.com/7QXYMEdvWo

The podcast was a really good one. You should listen to it. Here it is. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

NEW BLOG POST: “Weekly Wrap 576: There was snow, there was a podcast” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/57… Covers 7–13 June 2021pic.twitter.com/K47PlARz2t2t

AOC Tell me you’ve never read the Bible without telling me you’ve never read the Bible twitter.com/charliemagne/s…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:00 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@DrRhysPockett @JustJimWillDo Also, it wasn’t wine. It was “wine product”.

via TweetDeck in reply to DrRhysPockett

@JustJimWillDo These V-Set trains are long past their use-by dates and the D-Set trains will be a vast improvement,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…av

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

Please note that today I will not be passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

Two more sets at Strathfield, but neither of them are part of my plan. pic.twitter.com/ppp3hFPt5y

lennaert89 Yay yet another one. pic.twitter.com/s1yzc6fcgf

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:02 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Anyway, @jeamland, here’s what mine looks like. pic.twitter.com/QCnNHxYmtm

@jeamland I see you eventually castrated that Doberman.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jeamland

ChaserInterns Barilaro accuses Postman of stalking after ‘regularly being seen at his mailbox’

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:54 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JonPiccini Gotta hand it to Biden, he’s one of the few world leaders who can stand normally pic.twitter.com/fXzhYGaAYU

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:54 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

StormYorha shu
shut up im washing my crab pic.twitter.com/Kme1fQEEt8

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:35 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

china_takes Quora moment pic.twitter.com/NYZkCIcdYp

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:15 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

holman good rule of thumb: replace “blockchain” with “incredibly slow database”.

if that freaks you out, just use SQL.

i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…o2

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:13 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Mon plan, the oh dear it’s nearly 1pm edition: Organise pants; brunch; train to Wentworth Falls; Weekly Wrap en rou..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eq

damana I swear this wasn’t me.

New Zealand houseplant sells for $19,200 in online bidding war - CNN cnn.com/2021/06/13/asi…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:47 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

geofflemon Hard to choose the most beautiful language: German, Italian or French pic.twitter.com/WJYNrIOzig

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:46 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

mainframed767 Unpopular opinion: the best thing young people can do to impersonate another person to take their motorcycle rental..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…HL

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 12:31 PM, Jun 14th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Also, I appear to be in the wrong city.

It’s a typical winter day in Sydney today. pic.twitter.com/09ru7VcMh5

Mon plan, a preamble: Given that it appears not to be Sunday any more, or even Monday morning, I’ll take a short mo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wQ

As predicted, it did not end well. As those who caught the original version of the previous tweet will have assumed. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Monday. A strikingly handsome creature will haunt your storage zones. Monday.