June 26th, 2021

@nickzoic @NewtonMark @AbstractCode The poll is closed. I don’t have to think about this any more.

via TweetDeck in reply to nickzoic

Meanwhile, “The most popular facial hair styles over the last 200 years, and the fascinating history behind how bea..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yh

@JustJimWillDo I was thinking it would be a significant minority. I’d noticed a whole bunch of beards in profile pi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Au

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@NewtonMark @AbstractCode By my reckoning that’s not a beard because it’s not an intended enduring end state.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

This is even more remarkable when I think about how many of you chaps are not particularly hirsute and growing a beard would be ambitious.

FINAL RESULT: 59% of my male followers have a beard. I have no idea what this means. Thank you for volunteering thi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8w

@jasonandrade The opposite of the Dunning-Kruger Effect. :)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jasonandrade

One hour to go. Gentlemen and such who follow me, please consider. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Mesut_Ausil [Ben Roberts-Smith calling the judge] hey mate, it’s Ben. Yeah I know it’s the weekend but here’s some other stuff I’ve done

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:44 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@HartWexford Well then, my next podcast must include a segment of me explaining all the things.

via TweetDeck in reply to HartWexford

@KyBusiness I must admit, though, I’m trying hard to not have opinions on what should be done, because I don’t know..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IR

via TweetDeck in reply to KyBusiness

@DrRhysPockett Hence the word “almost”. [Rolls eyes]

via TweetDeck in reply to DrRhysPockett

globeandmail In dozens of countries, more than 40% of the population has received at least one shot. Several, including Canada,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TI

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:11 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

danilic Lockdown Art —rpic.twitter.com/kP57uQJJXrr

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:09 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

“Semi destroys fairing at the 11foot8+8 bridge” youtube.com/watch?v=tJIJ4Z…

latestinspace A beautiful time-lapse made with images from the Japanese spacecraft Kaguya showing the Earth being born on the lun..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xy

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:27 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@Pollytics Let’s hope so, because the first one was a bit grim.

via TweetDeck in reply to Pollytics

PaulbernalUK The conflation between online abuse and ‘anonymous’ abuse is all too common and deeply damaging. It’s not about ano..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gi

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 6:21 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@oberonsghost @johnb78 My guess is no because covid is an animal virus, but the key word here is “guess”.

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

@COVID19NearMeAU Feature request, low priority: On the timeline animation, add some preset start-end points to show the various outbreaks?

via TweetDeck in reply to COVID19NearMeAU

Uhoh. Crossroads Hotel is in the mix again. pic.twitter.com/uMEODVNo1V

COVID19NearMeAU 📣 New feature: You can now group exposure locations based on suburb name, exposure date and last updated.

It’s now..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Cb

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:15 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

daniel_barker I bet it’s mouse prison. pic.twitter.com/JhJDkqNVMA

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 6:05 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

TheShovel Fuck, if only WHO had named the coronavirus ‘A 21 year-old YouTube producer’ rather than COVID-19, NSW would’ve ha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…55

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:03 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

wolfcat And this area is LITERALLY NOT IN FUCKING LOCKDOWN

pic.twitter.com/nkuMmEhbVK

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:01 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

HartWexford Masturbate every ten minutes twitter.com/SandroDemaio/s…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:58 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@aleeb88 Ah OK, I should probably check what it looks like in the major apps and platforms.

via TweetDeck in reply to aleeb88

LolInKent When you start looking for the stories the latest dead cat is designed to distract you from, and find so many you c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Js

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:51 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@boynxdor That definitely won’t be necessary. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to boynxdor

@aleeb88 @patstokes Thanks, that was a fun one. Which app is that? It removed “The 9pm” from the front of the title..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WV

via TweetDeck in reply to aleeb88

Still enjoying this tweet from yesterday. twitter.com/Paul_Karp/stat…

“Dan Murphy’s will continue to operate as an essential service and remain open to customers.” pic.twitter.com/uCrRlWX3Tx

@kcarruthers No, I’m just asking “Do you have a beard?” Yes/No.

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

TheShovel Scott Morrison has reassured Sydneysiders that he was vaccinated 3 months ago

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:59 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@domknight Thanks. And true, there’s a lot of grey areas here, but I figure people’s intent is the guide. “Shit, I..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ae

via TweetDeck in reply to domknight

@noreasonspec I’m also going to try finding some figures for previous decades more generally. Someone must’ve tracked this stuff.

via TweetDeck in reply to noreasonspec

I’m half-surprised by this number. I’d suspected I had a lot of beardy followers, but 60% is somewhat higher than I..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…C2

Gentlemen and such, you have until 9pm AEST tonight to confirm or negate the apparent fact that 60% of my male foll..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qT

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

Concerned that Orient St, Lawson, runs essentially north-south.

Reminder: I am not an epidemiologist and it’s almost certain that neither are you.

andy_park Panic buyers: literally the only thing you will be able to do over the next week is go shopping.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:51 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@nphair @smh Nah there were some floating around this morning. They’re quick.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to nphair

@_BertHandsome @swearyanthony It’s very sad, but they have to coordinate all the barristers as well as the judge. E..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mw

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to _BertHandsome

@reselsnark There was one from AAP earlier up too.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to reselsnark

@swearyanthony If not longer. Trial dates are booked quite some time ahead.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to swearyanthony

terrinwatson I asked my daughter what was her dream job. She replied, “Do you really think the ancestors wanted me to dream of l..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wf

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:52 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@erstkate There’s quite a bit of literal in it.

via TweetDeck in reply to erstkate

@jxeeno Let’s just say that I have enough Passion Pop to meet my needs.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jxeeno

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

@developerjack @joneaves Nah merely visiting doesn’t trigger that, though things may change this afternoon. Not tha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…41

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to developerjack

HappySinger Anyone else think “steel-cut oats” is really specific?

Personally, I can make porridge-related decisions without d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dU

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:36 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@joneaves Oops I’d missed that bit somehow, though I thought I’d read everything.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to joneaves

So… Now that I’ve done the key produce shopping it’s time to grab some takeaway, eat it in the park, and get a train back to the Mountains.

@BXGD See? There’s so much to admire about The America!

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to BXGD

This goes to what @NewtonMark was saying. You don’t need to order people what to do a make things a crime when they..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rb

Silly me, of course nearly everything in the CBD etc is closed because their staff work here so they’re mostly at h..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ls

@SuperCroup Maybe I should revert to my First Dog on the Moon seagull avatar.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SuperCroup

PPantsdown Re NSW COVID figures & the announcement/re-announcement daily figures.
Where can I see a good ol’ fashioned 2020-s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6Y

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:38 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Well, @dobes, this morning’s @davpope would’ve been filed yesterday afternoon but it still captures the mood. pic.twitter.com/OJL5yPJpdf

Rochelle @GNCordova Slavery is the same as having a music preference according to a new textbook I found THIS YEAR.

twitter.com/Rochelle/statu…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:32 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@justAfanDavid @DrBradMcKay Yeah all sorts of things can get stuck up there.

via TweetDeck in reply to justAfanDavid

nhannahjones Is my posting the primary document (the executive order desegregating the military in 1948) that refutes this nonse..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…V7

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:11 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Sat plan, revised: Shower; quick lunch; fresh produce shopping, Thaitown; then the next available train back to Wen..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KU

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

DrBradMcKay A 45yo woman in Christchurch was tested for COVID-19 with a nasopharyngeal swab and it dislodged a tiddlywink stuck..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Rr

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:02 PM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@ben_hr Wow now there’s a callback!

via TweetDeck in reply to ben_hr

@derekbradley Less showy may not be a thing his brand can do.

via TweetDeck in reply to derekbradley

nz_liam Ono the office has Gay bacon 😱 pic.twitter.com/8ylauArx9k

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:48 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

mikeduncan You could hide the context of these quotes and have people guess what period in American history this language come..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aw

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:47 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

ben_hr People calling for expanded lockdowns are divided between those who can’t handle the cognitive discomfort associate..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YT

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:47 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

dbRaevn NSW Outbreak Map - 26th June 2021
pic.twitter.com/y5ZCWX5zls

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:46 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

This sort of thing can’t be good for your brand. pic.twitter.com/5C9SFkCVdy

colourmeamused_ tl; dr *anyone* in Sydney can get the AstraZeneca vaccine right now

It will protect you and those close to you far..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rb

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:36 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

TheTweetOfGod The people who think the world’s going to end all at once will be the ones most responsible for it ending gradually.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:33 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

lucethoughts I know there’s bigger things happening but honestly, what? pic.twitter.com/Ph0RoL49ko

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:33 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@_g_kate Thanks. Fortunately for me there’s not a lot to rearrange.

via TweetDeck in reply to _g_kate

@_g_kate Congrats on the baby though. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to _g_kate

@_g_kate Yes, please see your second sentence. :) You are literally looking at Twitter and it is full of journalists tweeting the facts.

via TweetDeck in reply to _g_kate

My co-conspirator has deemed the risk unacceptable, which I think is the right choice — especially with the news co.twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kIo

Sat plan: Shitposting on Twitter because my I cancelled my morning; lunch, possibly with a co-conspirator if they d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ZX

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

jfahmy PRO TIP: If a girl in a hot bikini DMs you about crypto, ignore him.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:31 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

On a slightly-related point, @NewtonMark said some good things last night… twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

AAP knows what stories and what images will be in demand. They’re a good outfit.

A bunch of people are telling me about this photo. The editors request, the photojournalists deliver. Mick is a sol..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zh

@dobes @estjune83 Great thinking. Other tips include Christmas Day at lunchtime, also a perfect time for getting a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tB

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

RealNickHodge ABC really not getting the semantics of UFO pic.twitter.com/7NQvIopIuG

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:10 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

One might think that a columnist writing about politics AT ALL when they’re the partner of a politician would be a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GE

These three images will give you the flavour of what’s going on. All these people were in fact spread out along a 1..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zu

I note that it was March 2020 when I first deconstructed one of these photos. Scroll down this thread about half-wa..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gk

It’s such cheap tabloid stir-up-the-anger bullshit. Ignore the vast majority of people doing “the right thing”. Pla..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WA

I’d like to congratulate* all the Sydney news editors today who’ll assign a photographer to go to the beach with a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…u6

@DavidFeng Yeah it was looking so good too.

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@DavidFeng Other way around. A covid-positive person travelled from Sydney to Wellington. The borders are pretty mu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DD

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@developerjack I’ll add this to the list of reasons I nearly chose to become a cartographer.

via TweetDeck in reply to developerjack

@developerjack Lol yeah. I can see that it’s how your brain imagines what the shoreline looks like under the wider-..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…O8

via TweetDeck in reply to developerjack

Sat plan, the background to the decisions I’m making. Not that the decisions are difficult to make…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…35

Hey @dobes I’m really liking the cod and carp themes this week, like this @roweafr. pic.twitter.com/9oaeOF0BfK

TungusBusko The next British royal wedding should be a femboy princess

I wanna see if the UK public’s hard-on for the royals o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uY

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:07 AM, Jun 26th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Sydney’s weather is taunting me this morning, now that I’ve cut back my plans. pic.twitter.com/Cnuwo32ih4

Gentlemen, before you do anything else today I need you to consider this important poll. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

Saturday. The ones on the edge curve upwards when they’re feeling annoyed or threatened. Speak softly to them. Saturday.

Meanwhile, look at this poll. The numbers are disturbing me. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…