My week Monday 18 to Sunday 24 March 2019 was a middling one. There was democracy in NSW. There was a podcast. But there wasn’t a whole lot else.
- “The 9pm Arch Window of the Scratchy Old Woollen Sock”, being The 9pm Edict episode 83. It’s an episode with Nicholas Fryer, the first for 2019, and it’s also available on Spreaker and SoundCloud. It contains sausage rolls.
If you’d like to support this podcast with actual money, you can subscribe to make regular contributions for extra benefits or make a one-off-contribution. That’d be very handy in such an unproductive month. Please consider.
Articles, Media Appearances, Corporate Largesse
The Week Ahead
It will start slowly, then build to a slurry of activity. Monday will be about planning and research and story pitches and shopping, and I’m hoping that Tuesday will see some actual writing.
The rest of the week I’ll be covering events in Sydney. On Wednesday it’s Offensive cyber and the people who do it: an address by ASD Director-General, Mike Burgess at the Lowy Institute, and on Thursday and Friday it’s the The ethics of data science conference at the University of Sydney. Both events promise to be fascinating.
I hope to spend some time in Canberra in the next few weeks, but I still haven’t figured out any dates yet. If there’s any event I should be there for, please let me know.
Same for Melbourne.
I’m pencilling in some of the year’s conferences and other events. This is a very partial list. Please let me know if there’s anything I should add.
- AusCERT 2019, Gold Coast, 28–31 May 2019.
- The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) conference War in 2025, Canberra, 12–14 June 2019 (TBC).
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, Sydney, 19–20 August 2019.
- Australian Cyber Conference 2019, Melbourne, 8–10 October 2019. The excellent Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference is now rolled into this event.
[Photo: Breakfast, being a stir-fry of chicken, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts with a little onion, garlic, and black pepper, 24 March 2019.]