My week of Monday 15 to Sunday 21 February saw The 8pm Quiz return, another successful Pozible crowdfunding campaign, and even a solid social event — which is why there’s a picture of tuna. It was very nice indeed.
The magpie clan has become increasingly friendly, or rather keen to be given food. No details this week either, since I’m running out of time, but I have some video I’ll post in the next few days.
I’d like to thank everyone who contributed to The 9pm Autumn Series 2021 Pozible campaign. We hit Target One, and indeed raised $3750. This will fund my production of six special-guest episodes of The 9pm Edict podcast in March and April.
- The 8pm Quiz S02 E01 was livestreamed on Thursday night. That link skips over the pre-show music and waffle so you can get straight into it.
Articles, Podcasts, Media Appearances, Corporate Largesse
None, but there’s a couple Twitter threads of note.
- Some highlights from the Independent National Security Legislation Monitor (INSLM) Annual Report for 2019-2020.
- A thread explaining the journalistic convention that results in headlines having the word “rape” in quotes.
You can read my previous writing at Authory, where you can also subscribe to get a compilation of new stories by email each Sunday morning, if there are any.
- Sex magic, occult art and acid: the story of the infamous witch of Kings Cross. “In the 1960s she would have been celebrated by the counterculture, but a decade earlier Rosaleen Norton was shunned and mocked.
- An analysis of how the royal family has more than doubled its income in the past 12 years.
- An Ex-KGB Agent Says Trump Was a Russian Asset since 1987. Does it matter?
- And if you like looking at control panels, here is a website full of nothing but control panels.
The Week Ahead
Week 49 of my Quarantimes continues at Bunjaree Cottages at Wentworth Falls, at least once I get back there on Tuesday evening.
Monday is full of medical things and errands, and then I’ll finish and submit my paper for the Carnegie Foundation for International Peace.
- APRICOT 2021 / APNIC 51, online, 1–4 March 2010.
- Australian Cyber Conference, Canberra, 14–16 March 2021 (TBC).
- The 8pm Quiz S02 E02 is on Thursday 18 March 2021 at 8pm AEDT. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss out on any additional episodes.
- AusCERT 2021, Gold Coast and online, 11–13 May 2021 (TBC).
[Photo: Seared yellowfin tuna with a black sesame crust etc, photographed at Botanic House in Sydney’s Royal Botanic Garden on 19 February 2021 during a special birthday lunch. No, not for me. ]