- Patch Monday episode 126, “Mobile broadband: the next 5 years”. Marc Einstein, who leads Frost & Sullivan’s mobile and wireless analyst team for Asia Pacific, foretells the future.
- CrypTweet encrypts Twitter direct messages, CSO Online, 21 February 2012.
- You are what you surf, buy or tweet, Sydney Morning Herald, 22 February 2012. When I first pitched this story to the SMH, I was wondering whether it was only covering old ground. The feedback I got was most positive, so it seems it was a good idea after all. I’ve posted links to my source material.
- Google search bias: the eternal PR battle , ZDNet Australia, 24 February 2012.
None. That’s odd.
- On Thursday I attended NICTA’s Techfest technology showcase, and they served food and drink.
- On Friday I had an Important Television Production Meeting at which food and drink were to be had. But I’m not sure that counts because that’s how they always go.
- This morning (Sunday) I’m heading off to Kickstart Forum on the Gold Coast, the annual link-up of IT journalists with vendors who pay money. My flights, accommodation, food and drink are covered by the organisers, Media Connect, but really if you trace it back it’s a whole bunch of technology vendors. I’ll post a list of all the freebies we’re given next week.
Most of my day-to-day observations are on my high-volume Twitter stream, and random photos and other observations turn up on my Posterous stream (or they used to before my phone camera got a bit too scratched up). The photos also appear on Flickr, where I eventually add geolocation data and tags.