As in previous years, the list of most popular posts for 2012 was rather disappointing, so I’ve hand-curated this list of eight stories for you to consider.
As usual, this does not include the material I wrote elsewhere, for ZDNet Australia, Technology Spectator, CSO Online, Crikey, ABC The Drum and the rest. That’s all listed on my Media Output page.
- Two casually racist encounters concerning Auburn, being the most recent of my essay-style posts.
- Insulted, ASIO? That’s not really the problem, surely?
- ASIO’s got it easy, says terrorism expert
- Consilium: Social media is destroying society? Good! This is the recording and transcript of my opening and closing remarks at Consilium, and I think I said some good things.
- iSpy: Talking total surveillance at Sydney Writers’ Festival, being the recorded audio of the panel discussion I did.
- Why tweeting my movements isn’t a safety risk, which is what it says.
- Stilgherrian’s advice to a PR student, uhoh, which is some useful if unconventional material.
- Twitter Discourse 1: Fuck off, swearing is my birthright. Because it is.
If you’d like to compare this with previous years, try these:
[Photo: Screenshot of AWStats from this website. It’d make more sense for this image to be on the most-popular story list, but I have my reasons.]
5at5 50 to 50 Artemis Medical Fund Arts Blogging Business Conversations Defence Ecology Engineering Enmore Film Found Art Getting Things Done Hallucinating Goldfish History Human Nature Humour Internet Language Marketing Media Melbourne Music Only One Name Personal Photography Politics Privacy Project TOTO Religion Space Stilgherrian Live Sydney Thailand The 9pm Edict The Core Transparency Weekly Poll Weekly Wrap