As in previous years, the list of most popular posts for 2012 was rather disappointing, so I’ve hand-curated this list of eight stories for you to consider.
As usual, this does not include the material I wrote elsewhere, for ZDNet Australia, Technology Spectator, CSO Online, Crikey, ABC The Drum and the rest. That’s all listed on my Media Output page.
- Two casually racist encounters concerning Auburn, being the most recent of my essay-style posts.
- Insulted, ASIO? That’s not really the problem, surely?
- ASIO’s got it easy, says terrorism expert
- Consilium: Social media is destroying society? Good! This is the recording and transcript of my opening and closing remarks at Consilium, and I think I said some good things.
- iSpy: Talking total surveillance at Sydney Writers’ Festival, being the recorded audio of the panel discussion I did.
- Why tweeting my movements isn’t a safety risk, which is what it says.
- Stilgherrian’s advice to a PR student, uhoh, which is some useful if unconventional material.
- Twitter Discourse 1: Fuck off, swearing is my birthright. Because it is.
If you’d like to compare this with previous years, try these:
[Photo: Screenshot of AWStats from this website. It’d make more sense for this image to be on the most-popular story list, but I have my reasons.]