NASA sends a boy band to Pluto. Prime Minister Crusader Rabbit makes sense of the Middle East, more or less. And we hear some presciently ironic words from Singapore.
In this podcast, there’s talk of Singapore, censorship, wine, and taxes. Amongst other things.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thanks this episode to new CHEEKY RED subscriber Paul Williams, and new SCHOONER subscriber Jon Lawrence. Thanks, too, to generous one-off contributors Network Presence and Martin Barry. Much appreciated.
Even more importantly, please consider contributing to The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh crowdfunding campaign to replace my dead computer.
- Stingray opening theme (1964), swiped from YouTube.
- New Horizons ready for Pluto visit, Sky News, 14 July 2015.
- Amos Yee’s Lee Kuan Yew Is Finally Dead!, 29 March 2015.
- “Bronwyn Bishop’s plane ride to Geelong cost *474* times as much as the #NASANewHorizons trip to #Pluto. (corrected)”, tweeted Paul Kidd, 15 July 2015.
- “No, Burnt Fag-End, I don’t think Bronwyn Bishop ‘wafts’ anywhere. She’s not for wafting,” tweeted Stilgherrian, 16 July 2015.
- Iranian people celebrate in the streets after historic nuclear agreement, ABC Radio’s The World Today, 15 July 2015.
- Australia and Singapore strengthen partnership, SBS World News, 29 June 2015.
- Amis Yee’s How To Speak Singlish, 10 August 2012.
- “Note to self: Keep a copy of all press releases from the Attorney-General,” tweeted Josh Taylor, 29 June 2015.
- “Labor wants all kids to crack codes,” tweeted Bill Shorten, 21 July 2015.
- “A reminder that Australia is the only OECD nation without a space agency,” tweeted @ABCnewsintern, 14 July 2015.
- President Obama blamed for counterfeiting — Pamela Downs, Chattanooga News, 14 July 2015.
- Tennessee woman arrested for printing own money after reading online Obama had made it legal, Raw Story, 14 July 2015.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Picture: George Brandis as Pluto, tweeted by cartoonist Dave Pope, 14 July 2015.]