Adelaide is “heaps good”, as the saying goes. This Public House Forum episode was recorded in that city, and suggests that it might well be true.
The first Public House Forum for 2018 is also the first one recorded in Adelaide, and the panel is simply wonderful.
- Tory Shepherd, state editor of The Advertiser.
- Katie Spain, editor of Fritz Magazine.
- Dr Hannah Brown, a postdoctoral fellow in paediatrics and reproductive health at the University of Adelaide.
- Nicholas Fryer, presenter of The Arch Window and all-purpose misanthropist.
- Sebastian Fryer, a young person, also appears briefly.
This episode was recorded in front of a live audience at The Wheatsheaf Hotel in Thebarton, Adelaide, on Saturday 24 March 2018.
There’s talk of Lego, starting a family, fritz, crumpets, Maggie Beer, orgasms, collusion to commit lexicography, infertility, and underage drinking. Amongst many other things.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
The 9pm Edict is supported by the generosity of its listeners.
This episode was made possible by the supporters of The 9pm Hometown Forum Pozible campaign: FORUM QUESTIONS by Wyld, John Lindsay, and two people who choose to remain anonymous; THREE TRIGGER WORDS from Frank Filippone, and one who chooses to remain anonymous; ONE TRIGGER WORD each from Mark Newton, PointZeroOne, Mick Fong, David Porteous, David Heath, Johan de Wit, Nick Schultz, Nicholas Fryer, Christopher Neal, Decay, Ric Hayman, Paul Robert McElwee, and two who choose to remain anonymous; FOOT SOLDIERS FOR MEDIA FREEDOM Sam Silvester, Karl Beidatsch, Jonathan Ferguson, Sean Minney, Gavin Costello, Michael Rowe, Daniel O’Connor, Mark Jessop, Andrew McDonnell, KerryAnn Pankhurst, Paul Williams, Katrina Szetey, Garth Kidd, Michael Keating, Daniel O’Connor, Andrew Groom, Nick Schultz, Peter Lawler, Brendan, Melissa Madsen, and four who choose to remain anonymous; and MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS John Band, John Edwards, Ross Nye, monsoontrader, Ginevra Makes, and one who chooses to remain anonymous; and three generous people who chose no reward at all.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please throw a few coins into the tip jar.
To be posted on Wednesday 4 April.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: The Wheatsheaf Hotel, photographed on 23 March 2018.]