[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/224721930″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
The air is filled with a swirl of rose petals and gold dust. The nation’s rivers and streams run with champagne. Malcolm Turnbull is Prime Minister of Australia.
Broadcaster Alan Jones rejects the process of choosing the PM for one of his own devising. And we hear one of Jones’ talkback callers explaining the real reason we should be worried about Turnbull.
In this podcast, there’s also talk of agility, estimations, Greek food, Pink Floyd, quinoa, wigs, and intense happiness.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
This is the fourth of several episodes produced as part of The 9pm Urgent Hardware Refresh, a crowdfunding campaign to replace a dying computer, and upgrade my audio recording kit. That campaign proved remarkably successful, for which I am extremely grateful. My thanks go to so many people, but for this episode…
The TWO MINUTES HATE was sponsored by MEDIA FREEDOM THOUGHT LEADERS Trent Yarwood, and someone who chooses to remain anonymous.
My sincere thanks also go to the unnamed MEDIA FREEDOM CITIZENS who contributed.
- Turnbull ousts Abbott as Prime Minister in late night vote, ABC Radio’s AM, 15 September 2015.
- All audio from Alan Jones’ program on 2GB were recorded directly from the station’s live audio stream on 15 September 2015.
- Pink Floyd’s “Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)”, from the album Wish You Were Here, via YouTube
- Malcolm Turnbull’s victory speech, Yahoo!7 News, 14 September 2015.
- Tony Abbott goes topless at wild farewell party after being ousted by new PM Malcolm Turnbull, Herald Sun, 20 September 2015.
- There are no NBN apps: Turnbull, Patch Monday episode 101, 14 August 2011.
- Malcolm Turnbull’s Q&A at Kickstart, 19 February 2013. Transcript (PDF).
- Malcolm and the Cnuts, The 9pm Edict episode 36, 21 February 2015.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- Apologies to the songwriters behind Bananarama’s “Venus”.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Picture: Malcolm Turnbull announces his cabinet, 20 September 2015, via The Today Show.]