Do you wink at powerful men? Apparently winking at powerful men is a thing, and we hear more about this and other tips for success in this rather odd episode of The 9pm Edict.
The panellists are, in order of introduction:
- Kate Carruthers, UNSW Ã¼bergeek and revolutionary cat;
- Nicole Williamson, Carbon and biotech consultant, or, as her Twitter profile puts it, “Science, Tech, Cleantech, Rugby Tragic, Aircraft Fleet Geek, Women as Leaders/Founders/Investors, all things Startup. Half Canadian, half Australian, half German”; and
- Jazz Twemlow, comedian, columnist for The Guardian, and writer
It was recorded in front of a live audience at the Salisbury Hotel in Stanmore on Saturday 19 December 2015.
In this podcast, there’s talk of coal, cannibalism, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Abbott, Kevin Rudd, penises, the guillotine, power, destiny, and much more.
If you’d like to comment on this episode, please add your comment below, or Skype to stilgherrian or phone Sydney +61 2 8011 3733.
Thank you, Media Freedom Citizenry!
- Wyatt Roy’s Policy Hack is already becoming a joke, ZDNet Australia, 12 October 2015.
- This Week In Startups Australia – S03E04 – News Special.
- DataStart isn’t innovation, it’s just a lame reality TV clone, ZDNet Australia, 2 November 2015.
- Turnbull’s scattergun nimbling of Australia is no grand vision, ZDNet Australia, 7 December 2015.
- Nicholas Fryer may be found at nickfryer.net.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: The 9pm Edict’s Public House Forum #2 being recorded, photographed by oberonsghost. Pictured left to right are Jazz Twemlow, Kate Carruthers, Nicole Williamson, and Stilgherrian.]