- Government’s dumb data disasters demonstrate decaying diligence, ZDNet Australia, 12 March 2018.
- I filed a complaint with the City of Sydney over a poorly-handled rabbit incident at Circular Quay library I’ve been advised that there will be “an internal investigation into this matter”.
I’ve also written a piece for ZDNet which will appear on Monday.
None, but see below.
- On Tuesday 6 March, I spoke about medical device security on ABC Adelaide. I probably won’t be posting a recording of that one.
- On Tuesday 13 March, I had lunch with people from Cylance and their PR firm at The Morrison Bar & Oyster Room in Sydney. Lovely.
The Week Ahead
I’m travelling to a few cities to present at a corporate event, in Melbourne on Tue 20 Mar, Brisbane on Wed 21, Adelaide on Thu 22 (and staying there through the weekend). In between all that, I’m finishing the third batch of content for DirectorTech, and starting a new editorial project which I’ll tell you about soon.
On Saturday I’m recording The 9pm Hometown Forum at an Adelaide pub still to be chosen.
I’ll kinda stressed about whether I’ll be able to achieve all of this.
On Sunday I’ll have a lazy day in my hometown.
The following Monday 26 March, I’m recording another interview in Adelaide, then doing a radio spot on ABC Adelaide that afternoon. On Tuesday, I fly back to Sydney for the final corporate gig, then back to the Blue Mountains. I’ll worry about the rest of the week after that.
Looking way further ahead:
- Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference, Canberra, 10â€“12 April.
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9â€“11 October.
[Photo: Waiting for the train at Kings Cross. A passenger waits on the platform at Sydneyâ€™s King Cross station as a train arrives on 16 March 2018.]