Over the past few days we’ve been speculating about who’ll be Australia’s next Governor-General. Some high-profile folks reckon it should be a woman. So which of these nominees would you choose, and why? Vote at the website, and add your comments.
In alphabetical order of surname…
- Marie Bashir, well-respected Governor of NSW and tireless worker for Aboriginal mental health.
- Liz Ellis, former captain of the Australian netball team and solicitor.
- Edna Everage, housewife superstar, actress and ambassador for Australian culture.
- Julie Hammer, an electronics engineer and intelligence officer who blazed the trail for women in the air force.
- Ja’mie King, dedicated fund-raiser and self-promoter. (Personally I think Ja’mie will eventually replace Dame Edna as our leading international celebrity.)
- Dannii Minogue, because… oh, someone will think of a reason.
- Kylie Minogue, pop princess and actress of renown.
- Lowitja O’Donoghue, first chairwoman of the disbanded Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission.
- … or someone else?
Previous results: Kevin Rudd becoming PM was the clear winner on first preferences at 52%, with The Chaser crashing APEC security a strong 2nd at 36%. The antic of footballer Ben Cousins was twice as important as Australia’s signing of the Kyoto protocol.
Which woman would make the best Governor-General of Australia?
- Marie Bashir (11%, 4 Votes)
- Liz Ellis (3%, 1 Votes)
- Edna Everage (21%, 8 Votes)
- Julie Hammer (0%, 0 Votes)
- Ja’mie King (18%, 7 Votes)
- Dannii Minogue (16%, 6 Votes)
- Kylie Minogue (8%, 3 Votes)
- Lowitja O’Donoghue (16%, 6 Votes)
- someone else (discuss) (8%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 38
Comments are now closed.