May 18th, 2013

@Asher_Wolf Yeah, that sort of thing isn’t even remotely funny until the dead pig count reaches 50,000.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to Asher_Wolf

RT @addelindh: @stilgherrian @gattaca Bots have IDs too. [I stand corrected.]

via Janetter for Mac

Re immediately previous RT, for “very funny” read “mildly amusing”.

via Janetter for Mac

niubi very funny spoof of the hong kong duck.the shanghai inflatable pig, from weibo pic.twitter.com/DMghQL0p3H

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:02 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@NicholasFryer I tend not to watch TV either, but I kinda need to keep up to date.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

RT @gattaca: Yahoo Japan Suspects 22 Million IDs Stolen uzip.it/15VSCvc [I call shenanigans. Yahoo only has 140 users.]

via Janetter for Mac

Sat plan, 0550 PDT draft: Quickly check ASIC news; nap; hearty breakfast; write words for money; a very long lunch somewhere pleasant.

via Janetter for Mac

BiellaColeman Whether humans are getting smarter due to technology is an open question. For cats, the answer is ‘yes’ i.imgur.com/3T2NeUd.gif

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:51 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@NicholasFryer Are you confusing time and space again? What have you taken tonight? Shall I call an ambulance? Also, thinking Australians.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

@NicholasFryer Yeah I was more thinking of people from the current century.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

Hmmm. I want to fix the typo with a new tweet, but people have already RTd the bad version. Oh well, both versions can live on.

via Janetter for Mac

I think I’ve come up with a new job description for certain people. Official Television Homosexual.

via Janetter for Mac

I think I’ve gone up with a new job description for certain people. Official Television Homosexual.

via Janetter for Mac

jonathonio Graffiti on the outside of Leichhardt Council building instagram.com/p/Zc—fpowxy/

via Instagram (retweeted on 10:38 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@NicholasFryer Damn. Well, I’ll have to go back to calling ASIC “reckless” and calling for a head on a spike. It’s a living.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

NewtonMark Geoff Huston on the escalating storage and bandwidth requirements for without . arseh.at/4fvm

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 10:32 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@jeffsonstein @nycjim @mpesce I call shenanigans. She is not the president of France. You’ve been had.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jeffsonstein

@SnarkyPlatypus @paulkidd @Quicksilveraus So, um, I’ll just sit here up the front, then, with the old people. Tell me when we’re at my stop.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NicholasFryer Right. When the moment is ripe, I am so going to tell your offspring ALL of the dirt about you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

@harlyey @NewtonMark Ah yes. Facts. And the best place to get facts about censorship in Australia. Thank you. That proves I need more sleep.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to harlyey

How have I managed to miss the glory of the Amy’s Baking Company story until now? zdnet.com/amys-baking-co…

via Janetter for Mac

@NicholasFryer Oh, um, ta. Sure you’re not taking this too seriously now? I’m too tired to tell.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

@NewtonMark Well, “I think I remember” is good enough for journalism, so let’s go with that. Otherwise your sound bite fails.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NewtonMark

FatherBob And it came to pass that the 20,000 Magpie fans on their way prematurely home have turned back for glory.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 10:08 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@NewtonMark Is that right? I have a number of around 1500 in my head for the ACMA blacklist. The sub-1000 is Interpol’s? Dunno.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NewtonMark

gcnelson Hindenboob. Like Zeppelins entwined. O’ the huge mammary! pic.twitter.com/YEvLCx8ZXz

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 10:04 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

SMinney Touchdown or bewb-down instagram.com/p/Zb7d-4w8Lw/

via Instagram (retweeted on 10:00 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@NicholasFryer I don’t think you understand the utter professionalism with which I approach my craft.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

@BXGD Oh that’s a good idea. I haven’t had fresh-baked bread for ages. Thinks.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to BXGD

@NicholasFryer While I understand that guilt is your theme for the day, writing on insufficient sleep takes 2x to 3x as long.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

Today, Saturday 18 May, is World Whisky Day. Maybe I should start that. worldwhiskyday.com HT @susan_m

via Janetter for Mac

@NicholasFryer I can’t speak for @Pontifex, but I have nothing to be guilty about. Nothing. At. All.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

So, it’s 0445 PDT, and my choice is to attempt some more sleep or head out to find a coffee and get my work out of the way.

via Janetter for Mac

@michaelneale On a completely unrelated note, I do recall someone giving me an account on a *nix box in Australia I can VPN through.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to michaelneale

@michaelneale When I hit the play button, a female voice says “This content is currently unavailable”. Geotarded, I assume.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to michaelneale

Maybe next year the United Kingdom could enter Sean Connery.

via Janetter for Mac

Or, for that matter, @prestontowers, your mother putting the icing on a birthday cake?

via Janetter for Mac

RT @prestontowers: Amazing how smooth Bonnie Tyler’s face is. Total Eclipse of Her Age. [Bah! Ever watched a plasterer work?]

via Janetter for Mac

michaelmeloni Why would you want Australia to be part of Eurovision? We’d just embarrass ourselves with a shitty Vanessa Amorosi & Belvadere from GMA act

via Janetter for Mac (retweeted on 9:35 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @NickHodgeMSFT: A Private Members Bill “To Move Australia to Europe for Eurovision (Enabling Act) (2013)” [Bonus! ]

via Janetter for Mac

I’ll have to agree with you, @michaelneale. Kinda. Text-only Eurovision is a… curious experience.

via Janetter for Mac

michaelneale Watching Eurovision tweets *only* is better just like books are better than movies. Vampire dubstep could never live up to imagination.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 9:31 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@sebastianvasta @SnarkyPlatypus I’ll decide that once I’ll filed the story I have to write today. I shouldn’t be awake now, so re-planning.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sebastianvasta

I’ll hear nothing said against Romania. They’re a practical people. (*See website for disclosures.)

via Janetter for Mac

michaelneale There is no point in muting the Eurovision tag. Nothing can repel tweets of this magnitude.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 9:07 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@NicholasFryer No, it can’t be that. This sentence would be a joke, but I can’t think of one right now.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NicholasFryer

trevorlong The PRESSURE of a live TV studio environment is taking YEARS off my life.. and all I have to do is put your tweets on air!

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:03 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @thelaughingsub: Desperately need a wind machine drinking game. [You are not alone, @SnarkyPlatypus!]

via Janetter for Mac

Oh that’a right. eurovision.tv uses Octoshape. Bloody weird-arsed streaming TV things.

via Janetter for Mac

@SnarkyPlatypus @sebastianvasta It would appear that I can watch The Eurovision live, or archived recordings, at eurovision.tv

via Janetter for Mac

The Pedal Party: like a Party Bus, but entirely pedal-powered. Houston, you have a problem. pedal-party.com flickr.com/photos/pedalpa…

via Janetter for Mac

@NickHodgeMSFT At their core, ALL Icelandic songs are about Vikings killing a village.

via Plume for Android in reply to NickHodgeMSFT

@stryqx @jclacherty Surely that would make “spooky action at a distance”, which would be spooky.

via Plume for Android in reply to stryqx

RT @jendudley There’s a sub-stage wind machine. Europe, you impress me so. [I’ll introduce @SnarkyPlatypus some time.]

via Plume for Android

RT @_jjw_ @stilgherrian PCP? [Gawd, there’s a thought! But is PCP even a thing any more?]

via Plume for Android in reply to _jjw_

@SnarkyPlatypus Maybe I can get some vodka and turn on Fox News and pretend it’s .

via Plume for Android in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SnarkyPlatypus Yes, but it’s 0300 PDT here in San Francisco, I’m sure we can’t get , even on cable.

via Plume for Android in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Why am I suddenly wide awake?

via Plume for Android

Yeah I know I’m not exactly in a position to judge, but FFS.

The100Bus WHAT THE SHIT IS HAPPENING HERE?! pic.twitter.com/0039PhBNY2

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 3:08 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

Elmo_Keep Feel like Google Glass is just the company’s year-long April fools prank.

via Echofon (retweeted on 2:04 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

I love you, Skywhale.

via Plume for Android

martin_o @CentenaryofCanb over Lake Burley Griffen this morning pic.twitter.com/dELTkGdRgL

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:02 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

@lewellyn What are you doing in Mountain View? When I am in San Francisco? As a bad influence, you are useless!

via Plume for Android in reply to lewellyn

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf That’s my point. By emphasising the medium, the slow folk will think you’re making a point about “social media”.

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

@leslienassar No, seriously, don’t stuff @HelenRazer with jalapeno peppers. No good will come of it. For anyone.

via Plume for Android in reply to leslienassar

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf And please don’t take ANY of this as detracting from the core important of freedom of speech!

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf The conversation should be about the content of the messages, IMO, not the medium.

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf Cool. There’s often a usage of “over Facebook posts” or “over tweets” to imply they don’t matter.

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

RT @sylmobile Is the ACCC looking into HDMI cable pricing? [Let’s Section 313 those with overpriced goods!]

via Plume for Android

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf And FWIW, I believe “promoting terrorism” may, in some contexts, be a valid political call against appalling govt.

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf … but the medium itself is not the issue, and this is one of my hot button issues.

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf OK, fair call, I did not read (yet). And I agree about the Spanish government’s anti-Basque arsehattery…

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

“Ma’am, if you called that a double, I’ll have just a single for the road.” She smiles, and serves me at least a triple.

via Plume for Android

@Asher_Wolf @ben_hr Oh indeed. It’s great that this upfuckage has highlighted an appalling piece of legislation.

via Plume for Android in reply to Asher_Wolf

@CarloSands @Asher_Wolf So whether it’s “promoting terrorism” depends on the communication medium? Sorry, the tweet baffled me a bit.

via Plume for Android in reply to CarloSands

@ben_hr @Asher_Wolf I think the “It’s about censorship” is ‘cos it uses s313 like the Interpol blacklist, but I think we need to zoom out.

via Plume for Android in reply to ben_hr

@Asher_Wolf @ben_hr Indeed. That is similar to the analogy I used in my feelpinion. zdnet.com/reckless-oz-re…

via Plume for Android in reply to Asher_Wolf

Yeah it’s 2015 PDT, I should probably have lunch at some point.

via Plume for Android

So where in San Francisco should I go to get a really cool iPad Mini cover case folder hipster thing? Willing to fellate for cool factor.

via Plume for Android

@ben_hr @Asher_Wolf Oh not “just as bad”. Worse. Screwing up 1000 businesses because someone MIGHT fall for an (alleged) investment scam?

via Plume for Android in reply to ben_hr

And yet, @NewtonMark, Labor also feeds this utterly bullshit “Australians are doing it tough” narrative. They’re straight-up liars.

via Plume for Android

NewtonMark Surely the fact that the libs think there is a “budget emergency” is evidence of their lack of economic credibility. It’s embarrassing.

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 1:08 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

@ozdj Yeah, and tell me more about what commercial uses Twitter makes of analysing our spontaneous utterances. We pay for this. Heaps.

via Plume for Android in reply to ozdj

Young people today! They don’t even know how to count breasts.

via Plume for Android

@JoelStanton @louiseyaxley Joel, Joel, Joel, what is WRONG with you? There’s TEN dangling boobies!

via Plume for Android in reply to JoelStanton

@RealNickHodge Everything fun is against the Constitution.

via Plume for Android in reply to RealNickHodge

This ASIC debacle shouldn’t be framed as “censorship” as such (their aim) but reckless and illegal disruption to commerce and communication.

via Plume for Android

“Double Jameson, neat.” [Smirks.] God bless The America. instagram.com/p/Zb9cXpiFry/

via Instagram

Being called “Hon” and being served large whiskies.

via Plume for Android

NewtonMark is the kind of thing the French would pillory the Belgians for doing.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 12:43 PM, May 18th, 2013 via Plume for Android)

@yinettesys I believe I’m already across that. zdnet.com/reckless-oz-re… But @nazzer may need it explained to her, being a girl and all.

via Plume for Android in reply to yinettesys

I’ve been introducing The America to The Skywhale via @louiseyaxley’s photo. They seem confused. pic.twitter.com/rHATNLKsNX

via Plume for Android

Someone needs to Section 313 these fuckers from arsehole to breakfast time.

via Plume for Android

RT @nazzer ISOC-AU condemns ASIC abuse of s313 powers blocking >1000 Au web sites instead of one scammer. isoc-au.org.au

via Plume for Android

I approve of the new password.

via Plume for Android

THERE IS A NEW WI-FI PASSWORD AT THE SUTTER BAR WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS.

via Plume for Android

RT @domknight: @meadea All the mobile ads are just dreadful. No idea why. [I’d assume production costs relative to CPM, ROI etc?]

via Janetter for Mac

@sjb351 @unixbigot @louiseyaxley Excellent, I think all the dots have been joined now. On the strength of that, I’m off to find a drink.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to sjb351

@_3XIL3_ Still, I appreciate you telling me what I’m thinking and feeling, rather than asking me. That saves a lot of my time.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to _3XIL3_

@_3XIL3_ No, I’m unimpressed (“hate” is WAY too strong) with what appears to be plunging into shiny toys without thinking thru implications.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to _3XIL3_

@_3XIL3_ You say that as if someone being a “geek” means they all have to think the same groupthink. That’s the true wrong here.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to _3XIL3_

benkepes FFS - reported to be closing a deal to buy at a $1.1B valuation. This is getting absurd. Someone is going to get hurt…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:40 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

SnarkyPlatypus “In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the SMEGs, Glassholes and Startup Fanatics. She is the Slayer.”

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 10:27 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

So hypothetically speaking, if someone wanted to get a 150lb crossbow into Australia, where it’s an illegal weapon, who should they talk to?

via Janetter for Mac

RT @SnarkyPlatypus: Crossbows to deal with . [They’re on special this week too. instagram.com/p/ZOLn2hCFoj/ Handy.]

via Janetter for Mac

@jdub You’re right, actually. I’ve not noticed any lack in my life without it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jdub

Also, there were quite a few loose on the streets earlier. Someone needs to sort that out.

via Janetter for Mac

Though that sounds more like a public service than a threat.

via Janetter for Mac

Actually, given the Google I/O thing is on in town, I should threaten to stab one developer per minute until @GooglePlus deal with my name.

via Janetter for Mac

@dmflower I yes, I got one of the very last rooms in the centre of SFO at the rather cute Hotel Bijou. hotelbijou.com

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dmflower

@dmflower I got the link, thanks. Sorry for not replying, I think I was about to go offline and catch the Caltrain yesterday. Looked good!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dmflower

@dmflower Today was a bit of a write-off, sleeping in and then sorting out my accommodation crisis. But the weekend lies ahead!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to dmflower

Right, San Francisco, who’s taking me to dinner tonight?

via Janetter for Mac

SnarkyPlatypus I was about to ask whether Canberrans were worried about a Lovecraftian horror floating over their town, but then remembered it was Canberra

via YoruFukurou (retweeted on 9:57 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

louiseyaxley Skywhale! pic.twitter.com/57HYVgHRHs

via Photos on iOS (retweeted on 9:56 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

MikeCarlton01 From the moonbat Tory emails this morning: “Gillard’s crocodile tears in Parliament were because McTernan put an onion in her speech notes.”

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:48 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Skywhale is a bit special, IMHO.

via Janetter for Mac

davpope The size of is quite something. If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend watching it unfold. pic.twitter.com/8aSb5uKRu5

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:47 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

Fri plan, 1600 PDT update: Hotel migration; lock in dinner plans; do a little of that writing for money stuff; collapse.

via Plume for Android

Thank you to the SEKRIT LIZARD PERSON for solving the accommodation miscalculation.

via Plume for Android

@SnarkyPlatypus Bonjour. J’essaie de ne pas se laisser distraire par laitières et les porcs. Il est dangereux ici. Et vous?

via Plume for Android in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

I was just told, second hand, that the Microsoft Store here gets 500+ people a day complaining about Windows 8. Seems high, even given…

via Plume for Android

@davispg Oh here you go. “NSA, FBI split on comms intercepts” zdnet.com/nsa-fbi-split-…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to davispg

Guy at next table, on phone, proclaiming security of their on-handset messages… as he loudly reads out their usernames and passwords.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @myrcurial: Who needs a ground squirrel when CYBER RACCOON is on the loose. yfrog.com/oewgimaj [CYBER RACCOON! Ping @firstdogonmoon]

via Janetter for Mac

@davispg Exactly that. That’s one reason why the NSA doesn’t want the FBI to insist on these back doors. I linked to that earlier?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to davispg

RT @Beaker: RT @daveaitel: Covered in vomit with a smelly baby in Manhattan traffic < Are the two things remotely related? [Three things.]

via Janetter for Mac

@djmc Ah, I suspect I don’t use YouTube as often as I used to, because I’m mobile and on 3G/4G so much of the time. There is an upside!

via Janetter for Mac in reply to djmc

Just had a fascinating chat with a San Francisco Parking & Traffic officer on her break. They separated out from SFPD earlier this year.

via Janetter for Mac

@elelibs Which all makes sense. Alas, Twitter has decided that “luring you to more eyeball time” is far more important than your wants.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to elelibs

@caseyjohnellis As fair notice and/or dire warning, I’m in town through to Sunday evening with a relatively flexible schedule.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to caseyjohnellis

@elelibs Ah! That’s all good. That’s a function of your Twitter client, though, so I don’t see that problem. Maybe another client is better?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to elelibs

OH: “I don’t know what you’re telling me this! I don’t need friends, and I don’t need expert advice.”

via Janetter for Mac

snipeyhead If you or your company might be in on the “booth bro” stunt, follow directions here so we know who you are! gender-shenanigans.com/post/506639734…

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 6:23 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)

@elelibs Say what? You just called for the ability to delete other people’s communications to third parties because they’re inconvenient?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to elelibs

RT @jeanburgess: WTF, GoogleTube? pic.twitter.com/nDPt1hbDQz [I’ve been shown this dialog TWICE now. Eff off, Google!]

via Janetter for Mac

@gattaca Ooooh yeah. And since I wrote that, ISOC-AU and the policy wonks are putting the boot in too. We’ll give THEM a Section 313. ;)

via Janetter for Mac in reply to gattaca

@gattaca Happy Friday. BTW, did you see what Australia’s clever securities regulator did recently? zdnet.com/reckless-oz-re…

via Janetter for Mac in reply to gattaca

On a somewhat related note, from this time last year: “NSA, FBI split on comms intercepts” zdnet.com/nsa-fbi-split-… Ping @gattaca

via Janetter for Mac

“Computer scientists to FBI: don’t require all our devices to have backdoors for spies” boingboing.net/2013/05/17/com… HT @gattaca

via Janetter for Mac

That should, of course, be “Starbucks knows”, since Starbucks is a singular thing with many tentacles. Like Haliburton.

via Janetter for Mac

So Starbucks know how to do cross-promotion. Note the “Now Playing” stuff. pic.twitter.com/MRJpI2TZOm

via Plume for Android

At a Starbucks, catching up with coffee intake and the sentencing of the four British LulzSec hackers. theregister.co.uk/2013/05/16/lul…

via Janetter for Mac

Data backups have finished. Heading out into the San Francisco Friday to an unknown fate.

via Janetter for Mac

Fri plan: Lunch somewhere nice; kill time until I can resolve the SFO accommodation miscalculation; write for @iTnews_au; evening TBA.

via Janetter for Mac

Waiting for data backups to finish.

via Janetter for Mac

“Sponsored Content Pretty Fucking Awesome” theonion.com/articles/spons… HT @DJBentley

via Janetter for Mac

This week’s ABC @RNmediareport leads with a discussion of the media coverage of Bradley Manning’s trial. abc.net.au/radionational/…

via Janetter for Mac

@jeamland Yep, and when she gets together with that other bitch, Mistress Insomnia… well… no good comes of it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to jeamland

Fri plan, draft: Plan remainder of time in San Francisco; re-arrange brain; write for @iTnews_au; evening TBA.

via Janetter for Mac

It’s just gone 0900 PDT. It’s Friday. I’m exhausted. And my exhaustion is catching up with me. And yet, I must plan a day…

via Janetter for Mac

BlogsofWar So bored with 3D printing pieces. Can we move on and start hyping another emerging technology to death?

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 1:56 AM, May 18th, 2013 via Janetter for Mac)