January 28th, 2014

Tony has explained everything. Why are you so cynical?

via Plume for Android

Pretty much everything is @jturner_ibrs’ fault anyway.

via Plume for Android

Gentoo is an “upgrade”? From what to what? From misery to pwnage? [I’m bracing myself for the hate mail now.]

via Plume for Android

johnb78 When asked about alcohol-related violence levels, 78% of Australians are straight-up factually wrong essentialvision.com.au/documents/esse…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:54 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

The Pope what? Oh I suppose if he says so.

via Plume for Android

Well here I am, upgraded appropriately.

via Plume for Android

Approaching the place.

via Plume for Android

philgyford The Gartner Hype Cycle on the Gartner Hype Cycle: pic.twitter.com/fZCd9pMTCg

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 5:17 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

I’m guessing the only way to fix the wind tunnel problems around St Leonards station are to nuke it and start again. That’d fix many things.

via Plume for Android

@juhasaarinen @CSIROnews Look, let’s leave this discussion until I’ve unravelled and measured someone’s circulatory system, OK?

via Plume for Android in reply to juhasaarinen

glengyron If you Coward Punch a shark in WA, what happens?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:51 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@juhasaarinen @CSIROnews I’m rounding off to the same number of significant figures as in the “miles” version, as I should do.

via Tweetbot for iOS in reply to juhasaarinen

MT @CSIROnews: Laid end to end, there are about 100,000km of blood vessels in the human body. [Cool, there’s my weekend sorted.]

via Tweetbot for iOS

GreenJ the QSociety “Australia’s Leading Islam-critical Movement” now have billboards on the Tulla Freeway. Let freedom ring.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:58 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @ivovic: I’m impressed by her, and also the time-travelling bogan couple :) [True enough.]

via Janetter for Mac

bitcoin_txt You’ve heard of the “red scare” and the “green scare” well welcome to the “coin scare” the most fashionable witch hunt of the 2014’s

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:52 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Watching a 4yo girl calling out a middle-ages bogan couple for breaching the Quiet Carriage rules on this train. Glorious.

via Janetter for Mac

@DeptOfAustralia You’re missing a closing quote mark on that image. I promise to retweet if you fix it.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to DeptOfAustralia

RT @elronxenu: @jonkudelka @stilgherrian I read that as FREE WIFI and got all excited for a minute. [Me too, to be honest.]

via Janetter for Mac

jonkudelka FREE WIFE WITH EVERY GG RT @barryofarrell Fantastic announcement that Peter Cosgrove is to be our next GG. And the bonus is his wife Lynne!

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:20 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

@kobygeddes Thanks for the heads-up, that’s fixed now.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to kobygeddes

“Alcohol and violence: Fairfax’s shameless campaign of misrepresentation”, writes @BernardKeane crikey.com.au/2014/01/28/alc… [$, free trial]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jonkudelka: @stilgherrian You are making Cory sad. @barrysaunders @ABillionSuns [In so, so many ways…]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @jonkudelka: @barrysaunders in an adorable little suit @ABillionSuns [I read that as “… is an adorable little slut”. YMMV.]

via Janetter for Mac

Re my earlier tweet about fixing an email problem, “attempting and failing to fix” would be a more accurate description. Sigh.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @Forbes: Google Chrome add-on turns your browser into a Bitcoin wallet: onforb.es/1i5vHQL [What could possibly go wrong?]

via Janetter for Mac

Taking for granted that I can fix an email problem for a Scottish client currently in Saudi Arabia from a moving train in rural Australia.

via Janetter for Mac

TelecomNZ If you’ve received this email from “the Telecom NZ”, please ignore the activation link and delete it immediately. pic.twitter.com/ZCWXE2Vafo

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 2:23 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Plume for Android)

@ruth_parslow Oh yes, they know exactly where I am (was) and where I am (was) going. And now I am there.

via Plume for Android in reply to ruth_parslow

RT @chrisjrn @stilgherrian @joshgnosis national fjordband network? [Oh I like that.]

via Plume for Android

“NBN construction just resting, not ended”, writes @joshgnosis zdnet.com/au/nbn-constru…

via Janetter for Mac

“Bitcoin bosses accused of money laundering via Silk Road website”, reports @amworldtodaypm, with a bit of me. abc.net.au/worldtoday/con…

via Janetter for Mac

Tony Abbott: The dog ate my sextant.

via Janetter for Mac

@NewtonMark Cook also pranged his ship a few times, so perhaps not the best example. Bligh in his open boat?

via Janetter for Mac in reply to NewtonMark

RT @paulwallbank: Oooh, I hear @stilgherrian preaching class war and disseminating agitprop on the ABC. [It’s true.]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @MatthewBevan: Is it General Governor-General Peter Cosgrove or Governor-General General Peter Cosgrove? [The latter.]

via Janetter for Mac

Tue plan, revised: Bump out Wattle Cottage; 1424 train to Sydney; sysadmin work en route; drinks (and dinner?) St Leonards; kill everyone.

via Janetter for Mac

Oh. My plan to be in Sydney this evening is back on. I wish I knew what was going on with this Tuesday.

HelenObjecting Jonathan Green!

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:35 PM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @_chesty: Mine used to be password, but I made it more secure, it’s now 123456 [Oh “password” is now more secure. newsfeed.time.com/2014/01/20/the…]

via Janetter for Mac

It’s @DataPrivacyDay! Are your passwords strong enough? DM them to me and I’ll let you know their score out of 10.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @Simon_Cullen: Prime Minister will hold a media conference at 12:45 AEDT to announce the next Governor-General [I’m honoured to accept.]

via Janetter for Mac

“Sober analysis is now found on digital media”, writes @Paul_Karp on NSW and alcohol-related violence. abc.net.au/news/2014-01-2…

via Janetter for Mac

RT @scottcarson1957: Also interesting is the Curtiss/Sperry “Flying Bomb,” kind of a WW1 cruise missile. tinyurl.com/lke8uwf

via Janetter for Mac

@mpesce Take a number, Sir, there’s a few ahead of you.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to mpesce

dobes I’m sorry Australia, it’s all my fault

via Hotot for Chrome (retweeted on 11:49 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

JustinianNews Soapy Brandis issues “public interest” certificate to keep lid on Indon war crimes in Timor-Leste: bit.ly/1aDF6j4

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:48 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

MT @michaelneale: I move for a vote of no confidence and cancelling the remainder [of today]. [I’m pretty much there already because stuff.]

via Janetter for Mac

@scottcarson1957 Agreed. I hadn’t known about the Liberty Eagle, so there’s some reading for me later.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to scottcarson1957

RT @scottcarson1957: Assembling Liberty Eagle RPAs, 1918. pic.twitter.com/4yEPXTWWUI [Nice to see some older drones for a change.]

via Janetter for Mac

paulcarr I have an ethical dilemma: 3% milk is richer than 1%. Which should I drink to avoid being an elitist?

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 11:42 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @mpesce: ONE. BILLION. SMARTPHONES. idc.com/getdoc.jsp?con… [SEVEN BILLION DUMBHUMANS. I know who’ll win this one.]

via Janetter for Mac

Something is wrong with today. With the entire concept of it. Wrong to the very core.

via Janetter for Mac

LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET YOU STUPID ARSEHAT.

via Janetter for Mac

@joshgnosis @glengyron There are naked breasts and adult themes in the parade, therefore it goes on TV later or with a edit.

via Janetter for Mac in reply to joshgnosis

WowHistoryPics 1964 - Charlie Chaplin responds to fanmail aboard his private airship. pic.twitter.com/rOMLqC96DV

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 11:16 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

“Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services”, founded 1920, @juhasaarinen @methadonna @Quicksilveraus

via Janetter for Mac

juhasaarinen @stilgherrian @methadonna @Quicksilveraus Qony, surely? Or Qaony? Qany? Why isn’t it Quantas anyway? Why am I asking that question?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:15 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

RT @juhasaarinen: @stilgherrian @methadonna What would you call the merged company? Qantony? Sontas? [@Quicksilveraus wins: “It’s a Quony!”]

via Janetter for Mac

RT @methadonna: @stilgherrian PlaneStation perhaps [Oh that’s ever better, ‘cos non-oldies will get it.]

via Janetter for Mac

With both Sony and Qantas scoring a “junk” rating, the companies could merge and create a personal flight device called the “Flyman”.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @johnb78: bonds not shares, but heh. [Ah. Yes. “Money things”. I’ll have another go.]

via Janetter for Mac

expectproblems Ouch. Harsh. RT @MCVPacific: Sony stock now rated as ‘junk’ dlvr.it/4nrN5B

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:57 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

KrayzeeKev @leslienassar Seems legit to me… pic.twitter.com/tFO0fbS3lJ

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:55 AM, Jan 28th, 2014 via Janetter for Mac)

Tue plan, draft: Notice that Certain Things have made it impossible to even attempt the planned plan; growl; draft new plan; remainder TBA.

via Janetter for Mac

RT @dobes: Ok then AAP. “a virtual currency which is based on a mysterious computer algorithm.” [MATHS. IT IS ALL A MISTARY!]

via Janetter for Mac

I’m recording some thoughts and feelpinions about the Bitcoin-related arrests for @amworldtodaypm shortly. I may write something after that.

via Janetter for Mac

“Two Charged in Alleged Bitcoin-Laundering Scheme”, reports @WSJ, I see. online.wsj.com/news/articles/…

via Janetter for Mac

Someone has sent me a Community Manager Appreciation Day Success Kit for Customer-obsessed Business. Did I fall through a wormhole?

via Janetter for Mac

I have no idea why I feel like my head has been filled with Styrofoam and run over by a tractor.

via Plume for Android

Oh is that the time.

via Plume for Android

Tuesday, and having distinct trouble waking up. But that phone call seems to have done the job.

via Plume for Android