April 22nd, 2018

I’m going away now.

I’d like to know more about this Cheer-Up Society. twitter.com/MichaelSmyth_/…

PulpLibrarian Carnivore Pop-Tarts… Reddi-bacon! (1964) pic.twitter.com/kV5rbCHwML

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:59 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@NewtonMark I imagine that if they had teeth you’d have to marinate them for quite a bit longer.

@NewtonMark I’ve never thought of marinating old people with no teeth in a smoky BBQ sauce. [Makes note]

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

Is the answer “Improve things dramatically”? twitter.com/CosmicRami/sta…

I know everyone has been trolling @JohnBarronUSA overseas this story, but I need to do it too. twitter.com/laurenduca/sta…

@bigbadave I can’t wait to see the hotel room videos.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bigbadave

Mnrrnt “The plebs are running down the driveway again Philip”

pic.twitter.com/LaGLaUfOpg

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:12 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@DavidFeng Yes, yes, OK. It’s just annoying that you can get from Beijing to Shanghai in the time it takes for me t..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…P8

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

@z3ndrag0n My train was about to arrive, so I justify got that blurry phone. No timeless to play.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to z3ndrag0n

@DavidFeng That’s a long way to go for lunch.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

MurrayWatt If this is what his own people say about him… twitter.com/satpaper/statu…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:47 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@TrainsInfo Platform 5 at Burwood, should anyone feel like locking it. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

@purserj This is an excellent policy, and clearly they need it at Sydney Trains.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to purserj

@tacticalmaid Makes sense. It just needs to run a web browser.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to tacticalmaid

Someone has left this thing unlocked and I will definitely not take advantage of it and do Bad Things. pic.twitter.com/ECLPx84Rqx

via Twitter for iPhone

@DavidFeng Darling Harbour is an embarrassment and we will not speak of it again.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

Camp Gallipoli was a load of dodgy bullshit OMFG who could have predicted that? twitter.com/kcarruthers/st…

@DavidFeng Pffft. All your cities look the same.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFeng

@yourseconddraft Heh. Given that my main cost is accommodation, that should probably be a no. :)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to yourseconddraft

@SnarkyPlatypus I am quite happy with my pork dumplings and ale.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

OK, it has been worth enduring the terrible music. pic.twitter.com/M0Nc7H7woT

via Twitter for iPhone

So Brisbane, I’ll ask again. Is there anything that might make the afternoon of Sat 2 Jun a bad day for recording a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…XP

JoshBBornstein you legend chris kenny pic.twitter.com/8MLSPENGOG

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:51 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Well @JohnBirmingham has given me a new image to ponder this week. pic.twitter.com/JAMrd1OZTZ

@markeldo @ApostrophePong Oh I hadn’t seen the off-axis collectors, but two hours drive north of Murmansk is kinda north-ish.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to markeldo

@SnarkyPlatypus I’ve made a brief audio recording and will post it when I get back to the apartment.

@SnarkyPlatypus The tables in other sections of the bar are much busier.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@SuperCroup No I’m at The Burwood. I’m not quite back at Ashfield yet.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SuperCroup

@SnarkyPlatypus Doing a medley of George Michael, The Beatles, and Nirvana, all as mid-tempo plod, is… a stretch.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

Should anyone care I’m at The Burwood Hotel because this looked interesting. pic.twitter.com/9tCEpB6VIx

@SuperCroup I have no idea what’s going on any more.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SuperCroup

Histreepix Tragic boy-lamb suicide pact. Little Billy Webster and his human companion were caught trying to sneak over the bor..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…OH

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:22 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@SnarkyPlatypus They’ve moved on to other things that I don’t quite know. They’re playing every single song at the..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Vq

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

So, folks, would a guitar and vocals duo doing very mediocre covers of George Michael songs encourage to choose that pub on a Sunday night?

@dj2mn I tweeted that more than an hour ago.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dj2mn

At some point in the next few weeks I’d like to have a drink or two at The Temperance Society in Summer Hill. thetemperancesocietybar.com

How can it be almost 5pm?

NewtonMark We had four generations of Anzac Day being a relatively apolitical dignified sombre affair (modulo Bruce Ruxton), a..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…0N

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:30 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

shareenpathak there is an “ad” in the “blockchain” nobody and nothing is sacred pic.twitter.com/uvcKuYNRXm

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:28 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark Belling the cat. This is EXACTLY what Anzac Day is now. twitter.com/lubiephil/stat…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:27 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@ApostrophePong @carolduncan This is good, because I tell North Americans that roo tastes like venison.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

OK, kids, I am going to try the Royal Sheaf Hotel in Croydon. Slightly off the rail line, but a pleasant walk that’..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Qu

I won’t go today, but the menu at the Polish Club looks enticing. polishclub.net.au/stolat Attn: @SnarkyPlatypus.

@carolduncan @ApostrophePong I eat a lot of kangaroo, but I haven’t had venison in ages.

via TweetDeck in reply to carolduncan

benbirchall Well that’s just cruel @CarltonFC. Being from Adelaide isn’t an injury. pic.twitter.com/4AGocJifSz

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:58 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@ApostrophePong @carolduncan But of course! And how was it? It looks lovely. And what’s that sprinkled around the e..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Ug

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

OrinKerr Violation of your rights as a sovereign citizen? twitter.com/realDonaldTrum…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:56 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark Are you allowed to taxi your aircraft that far?

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Sun plan: Chores; consider the week ahead (both done); Sunday lunch, somewhere*; maybe some reading, maybe not; fig..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…kp

skwashd It’s 364 days until Easter and @Coles already has their hot cross buns out. They’re so disrespectful they didn’t e..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…28

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:09 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

floydthek Scene: HQ for Asian invading force from ‘Tomorrow When the War Began’ HQ
General: Speak, spy!
Spy: The Australians..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Xy

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:08 PM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

cnawan Steampunk Venusians awake! NASA’s proposal for a clockwork, wind-driven rover nasa.gov/feature/automa…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:51 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

primalpoly 100 years ago on this day, Manfred von Richthofen (1892-1918) was shot down. He had 80 aerial combat wins, and now..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…nx

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 11:41 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Someone has been pasting up old photos in Froma Lane, Katoomba. Here’s one, photographed on Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/mFaHq55gfw

via OS X

TheOnion Noam Chomsky Announces Las Vegas Residency trib.al/zTFqfet pic.twitter.com/IaXUps910s

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 11:32 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

@carolduncan @ApostrophePong What did you have for lunch at the in restaurant in Teriberka, @ApostrophePong?

@carolduncan @ApostrophePong Yep, it looks SO beautiful up there. But then not everyone finds tundra or deserts beautiful.

via TweetDeck in reply to carolduncan

@ApostrophePong You know you’re a long way north when the satellite dishes point at the horizon. pic.twitter.com/LkxaQaRN8b

@Venisejb @archillect That’s the Northrop YB-49, and three prototypes flew. There’s one right there. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_…

via TweetDeck in reply to Venisejb

@ApostrophePong This is crazy, @ApostrophePong. But the second photo here is truly gorgeous. pic.twitter.com/LzYxuJemYb

@ApostrophePong Wait, @ApostrophePong, the Russian driver was saying there might be too much snow on the road, but you went anyway?

archillect pic.twitter.com/DBn9GKuO6l

via Archillect (retweeted on 11:02 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

I am still somewhat envious of @ApostrophePong’s trip to the north of Russia. twitter.com/ApostrophePong…

So which pub between, say, Stanmore and Strathfield along the rail line does the best Sunday lunch? By which I mean..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…wm

Sun plan, draft: Chores, slowly; Sunday lunch, somewhere; maybe some reading, maybe not; consider the week ahead; f..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…uW

aprilwright Just, ya know, trying to maintain my privacy by
pic.twitter.com/Un687zYpxU

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

aprilwright Ohhh we are all “Fluct”, alright.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

aprilwright 🐇🕳️ pic.twitter.com/li8eHlNUHv

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

aprilwright It’s a rabbit hole….. pic.twitter.com/fOX5RNwVpQ

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

aprilwright Are we having fun yet??? pic.twitter.com/xYcRDUjfBz

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

aprilwright Opt-out of Adobe & partner and tracking here:
adobe.com/privacy/opt-ou…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:24 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via TweetDeck)

Thanks. The original kinda makes sense as a lame slogan. But random entertainments? I assume it rotates between per..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…L4

I’m moderately pleased with those candid shots, taken as they were with available light and an iPhone 6S Plus. Not..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…2o

The Livingston Hotel, Petersham, with some of its denizens. pic.twitter.com/k4EgjdvQBH

Actually I don’t understand this Neil Young reference at all. I don’t know his music, it’s not my thing, but was he..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…01

“Life Liberated, Lewisham”, the first of a few random photographs from yesterday’s walk. This is a weird sort of li..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…N1

@WarWraith @thalestral Except you are also about 70% lobster.

via TweetDeck in reply to WarWraith

joshgnosis “Virtue signalling” is always whatever the person using the term disagrees with. Arguably days to commemorate soldi..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…8O

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:18 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RadioFreeTom And while I know it upsets people, I’ll just add my usual reminder that the President controls an arsenal of 1550 s..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…62

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:15 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

dandrezner P.S.: The @maggieNYT story that set off Trump this morning has mostly on-the-record sources, including multiple Tru..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…S0

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 9:15 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

jonkudelka Regrets in today’s @australian pic.twitter.com/rHBoIX9JmR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:14 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

ErrataRob People are mistaking flash-fads like CryptoKitties with long term innovation that’ll make a difference. The blockch..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…8d

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:10 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

NormsRespecter Just remembered this masterpiece existed pic.twitter.com/lXxBGRWqNe

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:08 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

0xabad1dea Doubly linked lists are really changing things up for me. How do I become a linked list dev? 🙄

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:03 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

0xabad1dea as a programmer this is one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever seen pic.twitter.com/vBATAD0eCo

LibyaLiberty they came for the burkini, and you said nothing…. twitter.com/Independent/st…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:00 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

fyeahmfabello I do, actually. Because I’m able to think about food as a total experience, rather than reducing it to its parts an..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…oP

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:55 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

thalestral More than 60% of your dna is identical to a banana, just in case anybody is walking around thinking they’re not hal..twitter.com/i/web/status/9…HU

via Twitter Lite (retweeted on 8:55 AM, Apr 22nd, 2018 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Sunday. Is four metres really far enough? Sunday.