April 23rd, 2019

I should probably get some sleep. There are signs that I should get some sleep. Gorn.

TheOnion Report: Half Of All Americans Probably Should Have Thought Of That Before They Opened Their Mouth..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Mv

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 10:57 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Does Scott Morrison ever ride a horse? Asking for a friend.

So of course that gets me thinking about Scott Morrison urinating and, well, here we are.

And the whole knees thing going on there. Is that about incontinence? Because sudden physical activity can really m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1S

Not all of them are sexual. Like, I don’t play badminton, but aren’t you meant to look in the general direction of the puck?

The more I look at this photo the more thoughts I have. pic.twitter.com/MShYhMnyUO

JacktheInsider Betting market update:
To form govt -
Labor $1.22 Coalition $4.25

Labor 81-85 seats $3.50
Labor 86-90 seats $2.7..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…K6

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:23 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

CaseyBriggs That’s too many lizards pic.twitter.com/FTduRgGZqi

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:17 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@moylecroft @SnarkyPlatypus This is getting out of hand and for once you can’t blame me.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to moylecroft

JustJimWillDo “Maryanne was prettier and sexier than Ginger.” pic.twitter.com/xdOnM3BHME

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:56 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

shaunmicallef People have been wondering about the Sultan of Brunei lately. I have a theory… pic.twitter.com/96Fp0YDsOR

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 9:53 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

MichaelSmyth_ For anyone playing at home, tomorrow is… pic.twitter.com/PxTmFQWA97

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:47 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

stilgherrian Me at @zdnetaustralia: “ASD Essential Eight cybersecurity controls not essential: Canberra” zdnet.com/article/asd-es…..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7y

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:33 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

It’s 6.30am and the Sook In Chief is awake. Somebody better get him a chocolate egg so he can tell it about the wal..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…um

“The emergence and characteristics of the Australian Mamil” in the Medical Journal of Australia @theMJA..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…99

glengyron Who can produce enough semen for the traditional Anzac cookie recipe? I want to respect the troops, but it’s exhausting.

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 8:02 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@parislord @DavidFeng Rumour is that Sydney will get a second light rail line before the end of this century.

via TweetDeck in reply to parislord

“Woman suddenly wakes after 28 years in vegetative state” news.com.au/lifestyle/real… Immediately ousted from her One Nation senate spot.

I’m sure this will all run smoothly. twitter.com/GuardianAus/st…

@erstkate @docbaty All much better. Never trust anyone with a new Akubra.

via TweetDeck in reply to erstkate

@brisbanething Exactly. Show some respect to the memory of our pioneers.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to brisbanething

Is there anywhere I can hear more Barnaby Joyce tonight?

Maybe I should have done it with their hands directly on his head, but then that would have lost the connection with today’s news.

stilgherrian It’s a bit rough, but you get the idea. pic.twitter.com/fkE7aluWFw

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:06 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Histreepix As part of their never-ending struggle against the establishment, the ERG prepare to deploy another three Rees-Mogg..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…q9

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:44 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@jturner_au @jpwarren @zdnetaustralia Coming back to this, I see other have said pretty much everything I’d have added so I’ll shoosh.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to jturner_au

@jturner_au @zdnetaustralia More seriously, words are important. If agencies aren’t required to do something they won’t allocate resources.

@kels_316 @swearyanthony I think both @BuzzFeedOz and @GuardianAus have succeeded in creating such lists.

via TweetDeck in reply to kels_316

@jpwarren @jturner_au Damn, my description of @TheMandarinAU as a “public sector wonk site” didn’t survive the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kY

@SquigglyRick Just find a pilot on their day off who can listen to the relevant air traffic control frequencies. Or..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PZ

via TweetDeck in reply to SquigglyRick

@caseyjohnellis Indeed. We did have Steam Navigation Companies back then, which often did the trading too. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_Nav…

via TweetDeck in reply to caseyjohnellis

@caseyjohnellis This is my question. “Tech” narrowed down to “information technology” (what happened to engineering..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…O6

via TweetDeck in reply to caseyjohnellis

@iiTalW I should’ve put “@dobes” in there too.

via TweetDeck in reply to iiTalW

Oh great. I’m doing shitty political memes.

It’s a bit rough, but you get the idea. pic.twitter.com/fkE7aluWFw

evilmullet @NuclearAnthro At this point, all we can hope is that somebody in the White House has set up a big fake button labe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…EZ

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:18 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Column filed for @zdnetaustralia. It contains a good number of cybers, and a disappointing audit report.

CBumfry I think Christian Life International should have a word with their logo designer. 🤔 pic.twitter.com/VL391pge5k

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:12 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

glengyron Extra fish for my seal son. pic.twitter.com/EQu8ToQiA4

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 1:12 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

ClickHole Extraordinary Discovery: Medical Researchers At Harvard Have Determined That Tweety Bird And Betty Boop Have The Ex..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SA

via SocialFlow (retweeted on 1:01 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Back to writing. The words that I just put on screen are “Parliamentary Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…EV

InternetHippo Just got back from the centrist rally. Amazing turnout. Thousands of people holding hands and chanting “Better things aren’t possible”

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 12:37 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

jasondotgov The Donnie Darko reboot really jumps the shark pic.twitter.com/QiNwphGrxP

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:36 PM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@DavidFeng Isn’t it a horrible, horrible house!

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

I see there’s some Senator Penny Wong fans out there. @LowyInstitute usually has recordings online same-day. Someon..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uT

Writing about government compliance. Because I’m a hero.

@MalwareJake Indeed. And our lot are even worse. Which reminds me, I’m meant to be writing about one of those odd decisions. :) Cheers.

via TweetDeck in reply to MalwareJake

@egadsthefuzz @MalwareJake Possibly. Depends which bit of the elephant we’re fondling, I guess.

via TweetDeck in reply to egadsthefuzz

@MalwareJake True, we really need to have heard the question, though she’s comparing the big three (Amazon, Google,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Yi

via TweetDeck in reply to MalwareJake

Sure, but please stop calling them “tech companies”. Amazon is a shop and a logistics operation, primarily. All sho..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hm

@Spikesaurus @NicholasFryer It was a dumb technical glitch that delisted me, and for which I didn’t get notice, and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vO

via TweetDeck in reply to Spikesaurus

Airminded “Australia’s Minister for Civil Aviation and Flying MHR (Mr JV Fairbairn), who left Melbourne on Thursday on the fi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4g

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:35 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@Spikesaurus @NicholasFryer Thank you. Not on iTunes though (temporarily, because slackness) but SoundCloud and Spr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tr

via TweetDeck in reply to Spikesaurus

Tue plan, confirmed: Yes, it’s a slow news day, but now I have to be part of the solution not part of the problem…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hg

It really is brain worm season. Be careful out there, people.

zeithistoriker Imagine thinking this was the story of the last 40 years ft.com/content/6b044d… pic.twitter.com/vVCF9wv6ub

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:08 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Looking forward to my eventual retirement when I can spend the entire day complaining about how everything isn’t ar..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sv

@garthk Talkback programs can be fascinating. People have all manner of perceived entitlements in their heads.

via TweetDeck in reply to garthk

@firstdogonmoon @abchobart @jonkudelka I wouldn’t have thought it possible to make a discussion of caravan park fee..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lO

@firstdogonmoon @abchobart @jonkudelka I am hearing about the controversial fish farm.

I am going to listen to this now on @abchobart and it had better be good, @firstdogonmoon @jonkudelkatwitter.com/i/web/status/1…Mv

@mjec @developerjack @bwest That API does sound like something Akamai or Cloudflare or Google could put into an RFC..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rG

@LizDolphinfluff @RachaelHasIdeas @dobes Yes, giving in is really the only option. The jerkbirds will always win.

via TweetDeck in reply to LizDolphinfluff

@mjec @developerjack @bwest As always, Michael has excellent technical views whereas I look at the politics of it all. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to mjec

@mjec @developerjack @bwest That sounds about right. I’ve been following APNIC’s work on DNS for a few years now an..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MT

via TweetDeck in reply to mjec

AntonyGreenABC If the United Australia Party poll well at the election, how will their preferences go? Here’s what happened with t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4s

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:34 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

As usual there’s further alleged plans in the Weekly Wrap, though I’ll be updating that post this evening. It also..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7x

Tue plan, draft: It’s likely to be a slow news day, at least for me, so I’ll sort through a bunch of loose ends. Pl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nk

CMastication Bias in AI doesn’t mean just bias against people. Sometimes it just picking up the wrong signal altogether.

HT..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ii

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:28 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

burgotastic Do a ‘The Shape of Water’ poster that strongly implies that Barnaby fucked a fish monster, you cowards twitter.com/australianlabo…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:23 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

Why do you even need to ask? I see it’s already set up for dungeon play too. twitter.com/jeamland/statu…

GrogsGamut I always enjoy the “polling in marginal seats shows they are marginal” story that comes out each election twitter.com/australian/sta…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:19 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

firstdogonmoon i’m going to be on @abchobart after 9. @jonkudelka is going to explain the 2019 federal election to @LeonCompton and me

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 8:18 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@tassie_codriver I certainly hope so, but they may not be the American ones.

via TweetDeck in reply to tassie_codriver

@mjec @developerjack But also cloud providers would want to keep DNS as clean as possible because that’s where the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CN

@mjec @developerjack Oh good, because I’m not totally atrocious with DNS when my brain works, and I was thinking “WTF is ANAME?”

via TweetDeck in reply to mjec

It’s too early in the day to do DNS, but a blurry voice in the back of my head says this can help with security, so..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sf

Oh yeah, I’ve now scheduled these reminders for 0730 AEST. We need to remember just how much more of this we have..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xk

alexdecampi This is absurdly close to how I get books written (though more spite than hate tbh) twitter.com/tomheartstanks…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:03 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

joshgnosis They’re alive and in the senate. twitter.com/KerrieYaxley/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:58 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via Twitter Web Client)

HAHAHAHAHA oh Alan you have no self-aware do you. pic.twitter.com/zRH3pcZiYh

ari_raid tumblr user mapsontheweb made a map to show the most upvoted choices for the askreddit question of “people getting..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rl

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 7:51 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

It’s already the day after Earth Day here in AU, of course, but this is an excellent thread with many photos and yo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lt

@NuclearAnthro I keep forgetting you’re a swamp boy and only a pretend desert boy.

via TweetDeck in reply to NuclearAnthro

@dobes @purserj The jerkbirds are the heroes we need in these troubles times.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@NuclearAnthro The first time is cute. Maybe the second. But it soon becomes WILL YOU GAUDY FUCKIN’ DINOSAURS FUCK..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pd

via TweetDeck in reply to NuclearAnthro

@NuclearAnthro Imagine this sound, but x 200, every might at dusk for about an hour. youtube.com/watch?v=4y2JvX…

@NuclearAnthro I know rainbow lorikeets look cute, and collectors outside AU will pay $20k for one, apparently, but..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uI

via TweetDeck in reply to NuclearAnthro

@NickyWill100 @dobes If you thought rainbow lorikeets were loud and annoying, think again. Check them when they’ve..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GC

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

@NickyWill100 @mockocelot @NuclearAnthro @dobes Sounds more than plausible. Have you ever been to La Renaissance ca..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eU

via TweetDeck in reply to NickyWill100

Today is Day 13 of the federal election campaign, or E minus 25. Enjoy.

Pollytics Meanwhile, the Qld state government responds to Barnaby’s weird understanding of water governance statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2019…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:27 AM, Apr 23rd, 2019 via TweetDeck)

@mockocelot @NuclearAnthro @dobes @NickyWill100 More likely to be seeds or roots. They’re naturally seed and fruit eaters.

via TweetDeck in reply to mockocelot

@NuclearAnthro @dobes @NickyWill100 Most big parrots are show-offs. Displays of agility and intelligence are part o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0V

@NuclearAnthro @dobes @NickyWill100 The sulphur-crested cockatoo (Cacatua galerita) is a magnificent creature and a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kb

via TweetDeck in reply to NuclearAnthro

@riskybusiness Oh I could hear that, or something, last night. But it also felt like something else was happening w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lo

via TweetDeck in reply to riskybusiness

@dobes This is excellent work. :) Also, @NickyWill100, I’m guessing it’s Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority. Also,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sf

Hey @dobes, the jerkbirds are eating Woolloomooloo Wharf, because of course they are. twitter.com/NickyWill100/s…

@riskybusiness Maybe. It was certainly a strange thing.

via TweetDeck in reply to riskybusiness

@DavidFeng That is for real. It’s also news from last week. :)

via Twitter Web Client in reply to DavidFeng

I know people have already been tweeting this interview heavily, but Barnaby Joyce’s half-hour train wreck last nig..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eW

It’s a drab day ahead for the Blue Mountains today, but I’m fine with that. pic.twitter.com/8XfpUFE6VD

Tuesday. It comes in sets of five, stacked together horizontally. Tuesday.