January 19th, 2020

I’m going away now before I get too cranky and say something problematic.

No, with whole countries! Catch up with Australia.

Pffft. Do it with whole cities you softcocks. twitter.com/ProfWoodward/s…

I’m assuming the “apart from my father” bit only applies to the first part of this tweet. twitter.com/SuperCroup/sta…

robpalkwriter I am genuinely pissing myself, just heard a pal in the Kink Kommunity had a set up of Class Play with a posh lass w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TR

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:33 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian SPECIAL BONUS: If new contributions between now and the end of the month, 31 January 2020 at midnight AEST, reach $..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SE

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:00 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian Don’t forget that “The 9pm Edict” is a listener-supported podcast, so I’m sure you’ll want to do the needful. Pleas..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…h8

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:00 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian The taste test of those new Arnott’s Shapes Aussie Legends flavours starts at 29m17s, and goes for way too long. Be warned.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:00 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Authentic Aussie Inauthentic Robot Food Politics, with Added Platypus”..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fh

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:00 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

KetanJ0 I really love this image at the top of this Economist article.

Someone please make an animated short about this l..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wU

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:59 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

damonayoung who called this a cache of WWII weapons and not “dusty springfields” pic.twitter.com/zdSIMCMmjl

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:23 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Well Budwesier certainly couldn’t get any worse. It’s so bad it’s barely even beer. twitter.com/adamelman/stat…

jen_browning Glad I spent all weekend cleaning. This weather is really testing us! @abcnews pic.twitter.com/q4tRb82xCP

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:10 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

bennpackham Amazingly, the PM’s run of press conferences ground to a halt after Auditor-General’s report twitter.com/vanonselenp/st…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:09 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

arizclint I’ll take two twitter.com/techreview/sta…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:06 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

R_Chirgwin I’m not going to get into one-by-one arguments, but leasing rather than owning aircraft is good enough for airlines..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…e2

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:06 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@snurb_dot_info Or to curl up and have its tummy tickled.

via TweetDeck in reply to snurb_dot_info

matthewslaurie Time to bring the washing in. pic.twitter.com/457Z2tsrVn

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:04 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

matthewslaurie Dust storm heading to South Dubbo. Photo Gemma Walker pic.twitter.com/a2EP2AZxMN

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:03 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

This is either (a) very Aussie, or (b) a typo for “shut”. pic.twitter.com/wlBHvMb90i

HeathHarro Dubbo right now …. pic.twitter.com/gsiJ501NfW

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:48 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark At least they’re not cockatoos, because they’d just eat your airplane for the shit’n’giggles factor.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

FXMC1957 19 January 1946. Country and Western legend Dolly Parton was born in Sevier County, Tennessee, USA. pic.twitter.com/jVbMxBUl3w

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 7:35 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark Rain has occurred. pic.twitter.com/3qJe1uc6qM

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:28 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@danilic @Apple @sanityonline The key question is whether you consider it to be (a) memorabilia, or (b) evidence.

via Twitter Web App in reply to danilic

NEW BLOG POST: “Weekly Wrap 503: A podcast was created, but have the bushfires ended?” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/50… Cove..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Uj

@oberonsghost @SnarkyPlatypus @spreaker @SoundCloud There’s SO MANY jokes I decided to let through to the keeper.

via TweetDeck in reply to oberonsghost

@boynxdor Hahahaha. I can send a physical address if needed.

via TweetDeck in reply to boynxdor

I may throw in some other conspiracy material if the manage to plumb the depths of the 5G idiocy, but that’ll depend on your generosity.

@JustJimWillDo In my long and sordid life I have never heard this.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@JustJimWillDo It’s OK, I have Passion Pop. True story.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

wragge As our new house was built in the year that decimal currency was introduced, I thought it was important that it had..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…B5

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:04 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus @RichardTuffin Not “exciting”, probably, but your voice is quite good for these purposes.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@JustJimWillDo That’s why I’ll be sobbing quietly.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

I have finished recording all the bits and glued them together. Now it’s about mixing, rendering, uploading, and sobbing quietly.

@DaveKirkby I think we’re actually agreeing here.

@DaveKirkby Is that the explanation in the contract?

via TweetDeck in reply to DaveKirkby

@DaveKirkby Well no, I think we have no business looking at how he spends his income. Same way it’s none of my business how you spend yours.

via TweetDeck in reply to DaveKirkby

@staticsan Hahahaha no you know that’s not right.

via TweetDeck in reply to staticsan

I think I’ve prepared all the remaining bits of the podcast, so after a refreshing Official Podcast Drink I’ll record the main rants.

@garthk The $18.88 is for Chinese New Year, of course. I wonder if their margins allow for a $4 discount for Hitler’s Birthday?

via TweetDeck in reply to garthk

@DaveKirkby I strongly suspect you didn’t read the other two tweets in the thread.

via TweetDeck in reply to DaveKirkby

@timpoliti @upulie Yeah what has science ever done for us?

via TweetDeck in reply to timpoliti

@GBoroughGrowler That whole Satanist submission is a fine bit of work.

via TweetDeck in reply to GBoroughGrowler

@upulie Fuck scientists give it me.

via TweetDeck in reply to upulie

firstdogonmoon i too have flagged a move toward a policy yet have no specifics announced because climate change has only been goin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ic

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 1:41 PM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Bracing myself for the inevitable sooky backlash from arsehats who can’t tell the difference between the noble reli..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Aq

“Correct” it? There isn’t anything incorrect here. twitter.com/EladStr/status…

As an aside, I now have one of Aldi’s excellent 10-cup rice cookers, on sale for an auspicious $18.88. pic.twitter.com/9W10aNoz7S

@skwashd Hahahaha. I don’t know any Burmese.

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

@NewtonMark @swearyanthony That’s beautiful. He never actually did the blowjob, though, so it seems kinda cheap.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@SnarkyPlatypus I have finished editing the taste test and one other brief segment and it’s not terrible.

I’m currently editing the Taste Test bits that I recorded with @SnarkyPlatypus on Friday. pic.twitter.com/b9QQliCMSS

Sun plan, confirmed: Record, edit, and post “The 9pm Edict” podcast (in progress); consider the week ahead; Weekly Wrap. That’s a solid day.

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

plesbilongmi Not a snow scene in Europe… ash on Kangaroo Island pic.twitter.com/7A4pDEvkSo

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:58 AM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@TheNehad But would it be? Maybe a group live-tweeted viewing, like a book club.

via TweetDeck in reply to TheNehad

This sounds like the premise for a wonderful sitcom. twitter.com/patstokes/stat…

@upulie Same here. Maybe the internet has destroyed by attention span.

via TweetDeck in reply to upulie

@upulie Well I guess you know these rabbits. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to upulie

(By which I mean that if you want a major TV presenter to lend their name to a campaign, that’s what it costs. Whet..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fB

(Note for the hard of thinking: Whether the fee represented value for money is a whole different issue. I make no c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eG

Huh? We pay every other government employee, casual, and contractor “our tax dollars” without demanding to know “ho..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bB

via Twitter Web App

Sun plan, draft: Fried rice; record, edit, and post “The 9pm Edict” podcast; consider the week ahead; Weekly Wrap. That’s a solid day.

KetanJ0 If nuclear power is to have even the slightest chance in Australia, it needs massive government intervention, new p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…e7

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:41 AM, Jan 19th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

What is it with Australians? They want aircraft that work in the rain. They want broadband that works in the rain…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BA

@juhasaarinen Well BSoD is certainly infinitely funny.

via TweetDeck in reply to juhasaarinen

Pro Tip: If a joke is funny, then repeating it 64 times is 64 times funnier.

@upulie I feel I compelled to warn you that you may have chosen to go down a very bad rabbit-hole indeed. Philip Gl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…e7

via TweetDeck in reply to upulie

It’s cloudy in the Blue Mountains today, but I’m liking that. pic.twitter.com/f0zjPswwi5

Sunday. Imagine a carpet. Stand on it. Sunday.