April 13th, 2020

@HartWexford Oh to be clear, there’s some great art there. But very little of it is anything other that the usual p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pk

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to HartWexford

But most importantly, WASH YOUR HANDS.

If you think it’s not completely crap, please tell people, and maybe even throw a couple of bucks into the tip jar. stilgherrian.com/tip.

REMINDER: Like all good middle-aged white men, I’ve been making a podcast. Here’s the latest episode. Do let me kno..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dt

@timpoliti I am not going through the whole script. I am going to bed now.

via TweetDeck in reply to timpoliti

@timpoliti I see what you did there. And yes.

via TweetDeck in reply to timpoliti

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 14

“Come in,” he said.

As she entered his Harvard professor’s office, Robert Langdon, 50, found himself f..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rz

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:26 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 13

Knock knock knock!

Who was that?

Cautiously, Langdon put on the chain and slowly opened the door a fe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ix

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 12

But what did this all mean?
And more importantly how could he, Professor Robert Langdon, 46 and a half,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tu

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 11

Robert Langdon, 55, stared hard at the screen with his eyes.

“Wait, that’s it!” he said. “If you follo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…im

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:25 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 10

Professor Robert Langdon, 48, gazed hopelessly at his computer screen. He knew what he was looking for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5D

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 9

But where had this virus come from?
Langdon’s strong, handsome fingers leapt excitedly across his comput..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tW

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 8

Langdon, 53, smiled. This situation was tough but he was uniquely prepared for it.
He was already a fas..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6L

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 7

His ruse had worked. The supermarket was only 5 minutes away but social distancing guidelines meant she’..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rt

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 6

Robert Langdon eyed Celeste, 24, with his intelligent grey eyes.
Slowly the pieces of the jigsaw were be..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bw

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 5

Langdon slammed his office door shut and fell back into his leather-bound Harvard chair, breathing heroi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SP

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 4

“God be with you” said the nun.
“I don’t believe in God!”
“Then believe in this” she said, pulling out a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qr

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 3

Langdon, 51, ran quickly out of his Harvard professor’s office onto the sun-soaked sidewalk next to the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fe

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter 2

“There’s a global pandemic? You need my help? I’m on my way!”
Robert Langdon, 49, hurriedly pulled on hi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nc

TheDaVinciVirus Chapter One

The phone rang.
Strong-jawed, grey-eyed Professor of Viral Symbology at Harvard University, Robert La..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pU

Imagine a world in which venture capitalists were worth listening to.

@benjaellis I’m happy to organise a fixed date for you.

via TweetDeck in reply to benjaellis

@CarolynLake Well we are. And sooner than we expect.

via TweetDeck in reply to CarolynLake

@Virtualkat101 @Herring1967 I get that. And yet, I really don’t care. I’m serious. I love art, and I can sit and lo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MK

via TweetDeck in reply to Virtualkat101

@Virtualkat101 I wouldn’t even begin to answer the question, because I really don’t want to “own” any of them. I’ve..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LC

via TweetDeck in reply to Virtualkat101

@carolduncan @SnarkyPlatypus Oh not me. :) But I know some people find the Pie character difficult for his excoriat..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dq

via TweetDeck in reply to carolduncan

Seriously, we are all going to die.

Would you like to see the whitest of white middle-class people’s list of art? The replies to this perfectly reasona..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pm

franksting And they say twitter is where all the stupid is. Holy crap. twitter.com/shaunwalker7/s…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:44 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ssharwood John Farnham twitter.com/Jacopo_della_Q…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:43 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

franksting Every fucking question about “the inner west lga” on that NSW health FB post is from morons in or around the “inner..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tD

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:42 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

franksting Jesus Christ. pic.twitter.com/A6qK6zvDYF

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:42 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“Thanks. I don’t know how far I want to take this, but the punters seem to like it.” twitter.com/ErinGreenbean/…

SnarkyPlatypus It doesn’t bloody matter 🙄 twitter.com/fictillius/sta…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:39 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@carolduncan @SnarkyPlatypus Exactly this. :) All good satire should be uncomfortable, in my view.

via TweetDeck in reply to carolduncan

arobertwebb All you have to do to be this good looking when you’re 52 is to be as good looking as Guy Pearce was when he was 23..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9q

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:37 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@SnarkyPlatypus @_midofo_ Sure. Look Tim Brooke-Taylor was one of the greats of 1960s and 1970s UK comedy and satir..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…h0

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@carolduncan I’ve seen him live on both his Australian tours, as has @SnarkyPlatypus (thanks to me). A well-crafted..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FG

via Twitter Web App in reply to carolduncan

franksting I mean fuck pic.twitter.com/pfZ6SskB3W

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:33 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

jonkudelka To be fair, since it’s impossible to interview the coronavirus directly, the next best way of hearing the perspecti..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kn

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:31 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

GovGoogles why australia not make anything anymore

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:29 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@JonathanPieNews On Trump’s pressers: “It’s a stream of consciousness, isn’t it… It’s like a James Joyce novel written in crayon.”

NewtonMark Australia’s seems to be working even though we’re led by a psychopathic authoritarian racist bible-bashing small-mi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PV

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:12 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@RealNickHodge I believe I made that point recently? Was it in my pod cast?

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

@SnarkyPlatypus They were significant, ‘tis true, but I’ve refrained from comment because I’d want to link to this..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QF

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

ben_hr Not sure about this: “We have this joke that if you are scared of something, you should eat it”, via @FionaLutalica..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BR

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:08 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

How good is Jared Kushner, eh?

ben_hr Indian Cops Are Wearing Covid-19 Helmets As Reality Just Gets Weirder During Pandemic, via @MmichaelLlucy..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vn

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:05 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

firstdogonmoon @kitdarko @azrebb everyone is a filthy centrist when compared to me and my gracious yet adorable ideological positions on everything

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:03 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@staticsan @Honxqp Hahaha. I have experience of both. So much live work! I miss it.

via TweetDeck in reply to staticsan

@_midofo_ Thanks, but I really don’t have the headspace for anything extra. Not yet anyway. Maybe soon?

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

robotopia I wrote about Japan’s response to the coronavirus for @nationalpost: Japan finally declared a state of emergency. B..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GF

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:53 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@kcarruthers @damana @JocelMR I had WAY too much whisky with him in DC,

via TweetDeck in reply to kcarruthers

@staticsan @Honxqp There’s a lot of that about. :) Church systems, club DJs, etc etc.

via TweetDeck in reply to staticsan

ben_hr I’m starting a pinned thread of some of the more offbeat COVID-19 related stories. Please send me suggestions!

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:50 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@_midofo_ You need to get out more, or something.

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

fishplums think the idea is that people will use it to buy food actually pic.twitter.com/sqjdvihqEY

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:49 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@Honxqp Yeah that’s a hard one to teach without everyone having access to the gear.

via TweetDeck in reply to Honxqp

@SnarkyPlatypus Anyway, eventually we all morph into Clover Moore.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@ecocreative Thanks, Matthew. It’s really just a brain-dump.

via TweetDeck in reply to ecocreative

@Honxqp It’s a hell of a thing, isn’t it. Good luck, ‘cos I have no idea how academia is going to handle the Quarantimes.

via TweetDeck in reply to Honxqp

SnarkyPlatypus The effect is not quite what he thinks it is… twitter.com/submedina/stat…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:09 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@jonoabroad Why not both? (These are not my egg cartons.)

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

@garrymck Absolutely. I have recorded in hotel rooms with all the towels and spare blankets strung up around me. Not glamorous.

via TweetDeck in reply to garrymck

@staticsan Hah! Well, yes, but I pay for an algorithm to do that for me. I have some standard settings that I use in other situations.

via TweetDeck in reply to staticsan

I should add that “What do you use?” isn’t necessarily a good question because I have [REDACTED] years of experienc..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qd

Phil_Baty Editorial balance. pic.twitter.com/tTYitOHDl9

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:56 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Alltheway80s Admit you’re old….Retweet if you know what these are…. pic.twitter.com/bPai9Hpu0w

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:56 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ThoughtSlime The best introductory text for new leftists is working retail.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:56 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

This is a great question. Most voice recordings can be improved with some audio compression (not data compression)..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uF

Oh yeah. If you want to hire me to sort out your podcast production, you know where to find.

So that’s the end of this thread for tonight. The aim of it is to remind you that there’s a LOT you can do before s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wj

Also, seriously, it’s an audio podcast. No one even knows what it looks like, let alone cares.

This reminds me of a set-up I saw on the weekend. Sitting in front of a wardrobe in your bedroom? No, you don’t wan..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…L2

2. There are no sound reflections outside. People worry WAY too much about ambient sounds, that is, the sounds of t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…RM

1. Keep your used egg cartons and glue them to backing boards. No, really. pic.twitter.com/EeBqB03dls

I reckon that’s enough to give you an idea. So let me finish this part of the thread with two suggestions…

There a few more in this BBC story. bbc.com/news/entertain… The best one is this cushion work from Nick Robinson…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oG

Excellent mattress work here from Corin. The dog is optional, but the spare mattresses make awesome sound absorbers..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xb

Note also that Eleanor doesn’t have a moustache, which goes to show just how far sports broadcasting has come. Anyw..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eb

This one is a bit specialist. Eleanor is a sports presenter. See that mic? It’s full of noise-cancelling cleverness..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8i

This is good. Not only has he laid down a towel, he’s put a couple of cushions further down that lovely wooden tabl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sm

This is excellent improvisation. Pull all the soft furniture together into a soft little audio-cave and work hand-h..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oO

Check this one. Just throw cloth over everything! Thicker and softer stuff like towels and blankets is even better,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…TN

See the first box on @Pollytics’ recommendation? A Plantronics headset. Fantastic value for money if your environment is shit.

Normally I’d say this set-up was bad, with all the hard surfaces, but note the headset mic. It has noise-cancelling..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qM

A lot of radio presenters are working from home right now because they can stream in the audio. Let me run through..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…z7

Here’s the message again. Put down a towel. Have furniture or curtains to deaden the reflections. Get rid of all th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1W

Oh yeah. Listen out for sounds in the room, like air conditioners or refrigerator motors and the like. Turn them of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…I5

Here’s another (blurry) pic of when I was recording an interview at a conference. I found a room with soft furnishi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8g

Where’s your towel at? To fix a hard desktop or tabletop, spread out a towel or blanket. This is my typical set-up…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KE

Don’t put your big-screen computer right in front of your face. That big flat surface will bounce sound straight ba..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fc

Your main aim in all of this is to avoid flat hard surfaces, and look for soft irregular surfaces. If nothing else,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ls

In fact, though, you have LOTS of control over your recording environment. I’ll list a few things, and the show you..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Vy

If you have no control whatsoever over your recording environment (except that you do, as I’ll explain) then just p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KD

Here’s the problem: Sound bounces off hard, flat surfaces. Your desk. Walls. Windows. Your typical home office or c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SK

My topic tonight is the environment you record in. No matter how good your equipment, it will simply record the sou..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ln

Let me say from the start that this is for beginners. People who want to spend thousands on a “professional” podca..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xr

Last night I tweeted a long thread about choosing equipment for starting your podcast. threadreaderapp.com/thread/1249199…. As..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fr

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

What if over time men’s pants’ waistlines had continued to move up rather than down? twitter.com/HumanoidHistor…

@RealNickHodge Isn’t it just. It holds up quite well.

via TweetDeck in reply to RealNickHodge

We need some sort of equivalent to Godwin’s Law for Australian politics. I propose Malcolm’s Law: “As a political d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LG

@StephenGale201 @NewtonMark @expectproblems I’ve seen in the cockpit several times. Once in a 1980s air show at RAA..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…n3

via TweetDeck in reply to StephenGale201

@StephenGale201 @NewtonMark @expectproblems Before I left the ABC I was working down the queue for a media flight…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…r6

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to StephenGale201

umairh It’s OK if he was the gimp twitter.com/jezebel/status…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:01 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@StephenGale201 @NewtonMark @expectproblems The whole article is worth a read, though of course it was written with..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Dn

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to StephenGale201

After The Event came “The Quiz Broadcast” (REMAIN INDOORS) youtube.com/watch?v=22mt0c…

chaser “What are all these people doing at Bunnings?” asks man at Bunnings

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 5:39 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@SuperCroup @alexkidman That might also be lag, though. It felt like the kind of lag I’d expect when working over a link.

via TweetDeck in reply to SuperCroup

@alexkidman @stevelord Heaps smoother. They sorted the camera angles and lighting, and picked up the pace a little…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oq

via TweetDeck in reply to alexkidman

@stevelord @alexkidman I haven’t. Not a show that I’ve really gotten into.

via TweetDeck in reply to stevelord

stilgherrian The key thing from last week was Saturday’s podcast. I’ve done 5 podcasts in 4 weeks, but written no paid articles..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OW

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:35 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

@NewtonMark @patstokes And to be clear, I speak of maturity, experience, and wisdom, not age.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@turnip_patch @NewtonMark @expectproblems That’s ‘cos I skimming that specific article. :) But yes, there’s so many..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pe

via TweetDeck in reply to turnip_patch

This is not a criticism, but an appreciation of how hard it is to transform a long-established format into a new me..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wo

“Have I Got News For You” Series 59 Episode 2 (S59E02), in which they’re better with the tech of doing it by videoc..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lP

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@lucysunman @bunjaree Bones was never close to me, despite me catsitting him occasionally. But @R_Chirgwin and fami..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cn

via TweetDeck in reply to lucysunman

I thought this might happen. Vale Bones. Sorry to hear, @R_Chirgwin. (Kidney failure, for those who may want to kno..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wl

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@SnarkyPlatypus There’s a lot to laugh about these days, which helps distract us from the horrible things that are happening.

via TweetDeck in reply to SnarkyPlatypus

@NewtonMark @expectproblems CORRECTION: This is a typo. I meant the B-47 of course. Replacing the Canberra with ano..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lx

@D0nPerfect0 @NewtonMark @expectproblems Oops, typo thank you. But no, replacing the Canberra with another Canberra..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9x

via TweetDeck in reply to D0nPerfect0

@patstokes @NewtonMark I’ve started using the term “spokesfoetus”.

via TweetDeck in reply to patstokes

@NewtonMark @Rhys_Needham @expectproblems Also, our Smart Aussie Boffins developed new technology for reducing the effects of metal fatigue.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@NewtonMark @expectproblems Yes. General Dynamics has to resubmit their proposal three or four times before the Pen..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cA

@NewtonMark @expectproblems Also fascinating is that Labor was calling out the Menzies government, which only had a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1o

Reading a 1969 article about Australia’s choice of the F-111 and finding this snippet explaining why the US went wi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uD

@wolfcat It’s certain dropped from somewhere.

via TweetDeck in reply to wolfcat

@Gwyntaglaw I imagine so, yes. But this is more appealing packaging.

via TweetDeck in reply to Gwyntaglaw

Hahahahaha! Haha! HAHAHA! Haha! HAHAHAHAHA! [Cough] [Wheeze] HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMFG how would that even work? This has..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hX

naagovau The cover of a Meccano booklet from 1921.

NAA: A1336, 9727 pic.twitter.com/ykMfVMbNHk

via Sprout Social (retweeted on 4:00 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“The coronavirus pandemic is certainly a serious blow to the international system. That said, the logic for why the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bg

haruki_zaemon The ‘G’ in 5G stands for ‘germs’ and WiFi is Latin for virus.

via Twitterrific for iOS (retweeted on 3:35 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

AusHCUK Skippy the @Qantas 787 has landed in London! This Wednesday, he’ll turn around and bring Australians home as QF 10..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:33 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

johnb78 A neglected reason why the IPA get on the TV is they’re non-government conservatives who can be relied upon not to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bL

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:19 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

MJA_Editor The deaths from smoking remain staggering around the world. And smoking likely increases your risk for a B..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Nb

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:16 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@jsleeio “Big penis microphone”? The shotgun?

via TweetDeck in reply to jsleeio

@jonoabroad Chemtrail work stops for no one.

via TweetDeck in reply to jonoabroad

@TomSear @dobes The all-inclusive box across the top makes the mapping a lot easier.

via TweetDeck in reply to TomSear

BeijingPalmer eh, anybody who thinks this is unusual has never written anything at length. You *will* make mistakes, and you’re a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wu

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:13 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Mon plan, an update: Everything is progressing as intended. I’m sure you’ll be pleased. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

SpyTalker ‘At one point this weekend, Trump remarked that he’s made Fauci a “star” and that barely anybody would have known w..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:25 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

jxeeno wow much breaking news pic.twitter.com/1E4iCkd2wX

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:25 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

SuperCroup Outstanding content. pic.twitter.com/HNF7Edref1

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:25 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

KenJennings So that I know what kind of tweets you want to see here, it would help if you could fill out this quick survey. pic.twitter.com/G3Sz9v0wr8

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:24 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“Facebook comments manifest into real world as neo-luddites torch 5G towers” by @dobes zdnet.com/article/facebo…

jennyeather The @vagina_museum, perhaps not surprisingly, is offering a few things you can do in the privacy of your home… heretwitter.com/i/web/status/1…jc4m

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:59 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

KarlreMarks They had to stop when the British Museum was full twitter.com/PickardJE/stat…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:58 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@haruki_zaemon Hah! Excellent. For calibration purposes, how old are they?

via TweetDeck in reply to haruki_zaemon

@haruki_zaemon Excellent! I’ll listen this evening (because I’m meant to be writing now) and if you like I’ll chuck some feedback your way?

via TweetDeck in reply to haruki_zaemon

@manindotblack It’s a bit like in politics. Party versus personality. Or something.

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

@ki_sekiya Indeed. The community bonding on a combat ship is pretty tight. Just look at the cheers the captain got..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ab

via TweetDeck in reply to ki_sekiya

SuperCroup One of these feels like it doesn’t quite belong… 🤔 pic.twitter.com/YsLzcHZGvq

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:48 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

SuperCroup Bodybuilding pic.twitter.com/STUXv0WkR1

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:47 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“‘Mom, I feel like I’m dying’: Sailors describe life on coronavirus-stricken carrier” sfchronicle.com/bayarea/articl…

“Covid-19, inequality and Jakarta’s urban poor: resilient, but at great risk” indonesiaatmelbourne.unimelb.edu.au/covid-19-inequ… Ping @SnarkyPlatypus.

ggreeneva I had wondered when it would come to this: states possibly sending police or National Guard members to meet medical..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Cv

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:25 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stephendziedzic Magnificent. Teddy Locsin, the Philippines’ combative Secretary of Foreign Affairs, is berating both 1/ an active v..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qI

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:24 PM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

TwoPaddocks CINEMA QUARANTINO presents the astonishing sequel to Das Bad ( 5 thumbs Siskel und Ebert) - the breathtaking DAS BO..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…v9

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:48 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

richardmarx “If Trump Were Captain of the Titanic” pic.twitter.com/2lkrVbjZo5

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:46 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

AndrewPStreet In the interests of attempting to balance everything on Twitter with actual joy, please remember the one good tweet..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XB

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:39 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

expectproblems Who wore it better? pic.twitter.com/Xl9qNAOgLr

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 10:33 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

canberratimes Here’s today’s front page, featuring @davpope
canberratimes.com.au/subscribe pic.twitter.com/VNMkByT711

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 10:28 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

RobertMidgley07 Easter egg: behind the Prime Minister is a statue of Florence Nightingale. twitter.com/BorisJohnson/s…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:27 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

It wasn’t really “almost like” that in 2014, but it’s certainly exactly like that now.

It isn’t so much “God bless..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2B

TwoPaddocks PORTRAITS . Hope you’re finding productive stuff to do . I’m currently concentrating on hyperrealism / post post-mo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Yn

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:21 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ssharwood More evidence of 5G doing stuff 🙃 twitter.com/bengrubb/statu…

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 10:10 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

cluedont Day 18 of lock down. Filled the dog with helium. pic.twitter.com/aiGEkhjwhI

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:08 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

CBCe8enn want to thank the NSW government, as if i was designing a scheme to turn everyone renting into a raging Maoist, thi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dN

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:48 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

shellity I believe the document this Australian nurse is looking for is called a “letter of resignation”. pic.twitter.com/NeLFmrkN6J

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:36 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Do you know what else is “contrary to the Australian DNA”, @JohnBarilaroMP? Choking to death on the fluid in your o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ao

Just take a look at this rank, self-serving bullshit. “Rugby League brings families together?” Sure, mate. Have you..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…U3

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

There’s something wrong with you, @JohnBarilaroMP. This whole idea that “everyone” is into sport is both stupid and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BC

via Twitter Web App

“UK death toll tops 10,000,” which means that COVID-19 has now killed almost two-thirds as many British people as t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3A

RitaKonaev Can we not with the “I’ll never take X for granted again”?

Yes, you will. Taking things for granted is a sign of l..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8V

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:22 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

It being a Monday morning, I’m now listening to @theharryshearer’s “Le Show”. pca.st/74htc7uv

paulwiggins Easter Bunny named Jacinda flies as sole passenger on flight to collect stranded Germans in New Zealand..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xv

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:18 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@R_Chirgwin @expectproblems Gotta love jets that were designed without noise levels being a consideration. The RAAF..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…On

via TweetDeck in reply to R_Chirgwin

@expectproblems Yeah, the An-124 is only the baby one.

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

@expectproblems There’s an navigation waypoint at Katoomba so we often see flightpaths like this. pic.twitter.com/MmfVpgqNVx

@expectproblems Actually it did just hear it howl overhead at 13,000ft. No time for a photo, alas, but I did see it..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LR

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

@expectproblems It’ll be passing almost directly overheard at Bunjaree, but it’ll be at around 15,000ft at by then..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…us

via TweetDeck in reply to expectproblems

Tylerjoelb The Plain Dealer had 340 reporters just two decades ago. A headline for our age. pic.twitter.com/TIkeIZENKZ

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:55 AM, Apr 13th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@yaycee Yes, I finally got around to fixing what turned out to be a minor problem. I am an idiot.

via TweetDeck in reply to yaycee

@JanJoostBouwman Sir, it’s not even 8am! It’s a little early for gin.

via TweetDeck in reply to JanJoostBouwman

Further alleged plans may be found in the Weekly Wrap, of course, along with an unrelated photo of a mosque. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Mon plan, draft: Slow start; write for @zdnetaustralia, finally; story pitches; continue yesterday’s thread on podc..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x3

At least it’s going to be sunny in the Blue Mountains today. pic.twitter.com/xefM3YSLBe

Monday. The rabbit is bleeding from the ears. The Moon is laughing. Monday.