May 14th, 2020

TheFeedSBS With all the loving tributes pouring in for Alan Jones this week, we thought it was only fair to be honest…..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3L

via Twitter Ads (retweeted on 9:07 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes @NuclearAnthro Ah, the audio dropouts are where the music has been muted. Here’s a copy that works. youtube.com/watch?v=-7a18n…

@dobes @NuclearAnthro There’s some more audio drop-outs later too. I’ll try to find a better copy.

Watching “Rich Hall’s Red Menace” (BBC Documentary 2019). youtube.com/watch?v=606Not… It’s about the Cold War and both..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…iz

@Sheeds_au I can’t speak to different states’ regulations, but I did do some digging into the medical effects and u..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…HU

via TweetDeck in reply to Sheeds_au

Now playing: S’Express, “Mantra For A State Of Mind (Club Vocal Mix)” youtube.com/watch?v=fY5Jzl…

Yesterday’s @LowyInstitute discussion with Julie Bishop and Gareth Evans is now up as a video..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BK

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@morebento Thank you, and yes I’m already across it. Those bastards!

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

Interesting. Scheduled tweets have been available in TweetDeck and various third-party apps for, like, forever. So..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tU

@strikhedonia01 Oh I’m right onto it, correcting misinformation whenever I can. [Bows.]

via TweetDeck in reply to strikhedonia01

BatcaveSlimer @stilgherrian @KetanJ0 Shown here is Schrödinger’s cat at the point of quantum entanglement. pic.twitter.com/NwPdYu5PHX

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 6:24 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Now playing: Heaven 17, “(We Don’t Need This) Fascist Groove Thang” youtube.com/watch?v=lV5dbc…

madeoforchids a visual representation of what its like being australian: pic.twitter.com/n3IxtpGnIQ

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:08 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

FXMC1957 14 May 1938. England’s football team were ‘advised’ by the FA, the British Foreign Office and the British ambassado..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…F5

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 5:05 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

destroyed4com4t This belongs in a museum. pic.twitter.com/197i89kjwn

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:03 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

FXMC1957 14 May 1897. Guglielmo Marconi made the first communication by wireless telegraph. pic.twitter.com/ViHvnWIS3j

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 4:55 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@mmerz2000 Not if it’s done correctly, no.

via TweetDeck in reply to mmerz2000

FXMC1957 14 May 1796. Edward Jenner became the first British doctor to carry out a successful vaccination (against smallpox)..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…e2

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 4:40 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Blow jobs at that price, I imagine. twitter.com/alexkidman/sta…

Actually ONE last tweet. Yes, it could also just have been plain ol’ CO2 or a low O2 level, though the heater has a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JP

@niltiac @lhjh70 Yeah they look very similar when they’re just babies.

via TweetDeck in reply to niltiac

That tweet with the baby platypus in someone’s hand is actually a sculpture. Cute, but not at all realistic. Here’s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BI

And for AUD 61 you can get a combination smoke and CO alarm with a 10-year battery. bunnings.com.au/combination-ph… Anyway..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…B3

Correct. A carbon monoxide alarm costs under $50 and some units have a sealed battery that lasts 10 years. I’m buyi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rU

Obviously one day is no test but I did check the heater’s manual and noted that I’d been running up against some sa..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x5

OK then. Being indoors more than usual in cold weather led me to close some windows and run the gas heater longer t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…m0

I think I’ve worked out why I’ve been getting headaches recently. It’m not sure whether I should say because it’s s..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rd

Thu plan, remainder: Write and record a quick bit for someone’s podcast; clear the inbox; and a quiet evening of co..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sq

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

wannabekraze 😂💀A pig ate fermented corn that was to be used to make moonshine. It is so drunk watch til the end I’m dying pic.twitter.com/tP4Tf3Eslc

via Twitter Media Studio (retweeted on 3:50 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

Dan_McKenney This was posted in my town’s “Positive” Facebook group and folks…it is positive pic.twitter.com/Ufm8A6BRBA

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:55 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

MatthewBurnsid7 my wife witnessed a miracle today & yelled across the house with an urgency that had me sprinting. I thought someth..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nW

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:54 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RadioFreeTom Your Fox-addicted relatives want to argue with you not to convince *you*, but to reassure *themselves.* When someon..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xi

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:49 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RadioFreeTom I think for most people, the right answer is to nod and say: “I understand. I think you’re wrong, and that you’re r..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…r5

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:49 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

RadioFreeTom Quote-tweeting my answer to @GerLuongo not as criticism, but because my answer to her is to everyone:
Do not engage..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YW

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:49 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

baaaadscience One breeding pair of rabbits—& their offspring—can create nearly four million podcasts in only four years.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:47 PM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

“Australia wins Eurovision-inspired AI Song Contest with Uncanny Valley track ‘Beautiful the World’” abc.net.au/news/2020-05-1…

MattCowgill if I wanted to understand how people will be classified in the Australian labour force survey, I would simply consu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qt

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:28 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@ApostrophePong @NewtonMark [Nods] I really enjoyed my time there. I wish I’d had more opportunity to get beyond the conference zone.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

@ApostrophePong @NewtonMark It’s basically the foyer of a boutique hotel.

@ApostrophePong @NewtonMark It’s literally just those few tables on the verandah plus about 3 or 4 bar stools inside.

@ApostrophePong @NewtonMark I found a great little bar in Chiang Mai that had a HUGE range of regional craft beers. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

“The FBI seized Senator Richard Burr’s cellphone as part of Justice Department investigation into stock trades he m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fy

@ApostrophePong @NewtonMark Hey it’s good value for money, yes, though I was amused to see it being priced as a pre..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KG

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

darth THESE GOATS ARE INNOCENT

I SEE NO ‘WENT WILD’ I SEE AN ORDERLY PROCESSION ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE STREET AND A..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…h6

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:03 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@ApostrophePong Good work. McLaren Vale wine in DC! Lately I’ve been drinking this wine from Chile. pic.twitter.com/8B9sqRIkhn

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

@ashabeeeee I am shocked to hear this, obviously.

via TweetDeck in reply to ashabeeeee

@ashabeeeee I was wondering whether them not being there was just a drafting error, or whether Home Affairs was doi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AP

“ASIO vows to consider privacy, proportionality, and human rights in IPO process” by @ashabeeeee..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XG

@ApostrophePong I can imagine them both sitting together drinking strong black coffee outside a cafe in Marrickville.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApostrophePong

@dobes @purserj @noreasonspec @R_Chirgwin A yellow-tailed black cockatoo has been lurking VERY nearby these last fe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ay

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

jim_mussared There are also other issues we’re tracking but the good news is that I’ve now had direct confirmation that the DTA is working on them.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:27 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

jim_mussared For people running : Make sure you install today’s update (v1.0.17 for Android). It contains two fixes, a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pc

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:27 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

SwiftOnSecurity Back To The Future 4, where Marty travels from 2020 to 1918 despite having a hacking cough.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:25 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

InsaneLetterbox E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) pic.twitter.com/79LNr4jTBF

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:19 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

PessimistsArc In 1999 iPhone.com was protest against online phone calls:

“Only those who have the luxury of owning..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XV

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:19 PM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@skwashd I have always been a number two.

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

“New Lowy polling shows Australians are disappointed in Beijing’s Covid-19 response and despairing about Washington..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…17

“Indonesia’s democracy is flawed,
but do enough people care?” lowyinstitute.org/the-interprete… Ping @SnarkyPlatypus.

“Hamish & Andy reclaim title of most popular local [Australian] podcast,” which is depressing. mumbrella.com.au/hamish-andy-re…

“Only responsible legal regulation of currently prohibited drugs, with careful implementation, has the potential to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GR

Thu plan, adjusted for reality: Slow start (still in progress); sort through some things that I’d forgotten about;..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VZ

via Twitter Web App

roun_sa_ville Trump’s 404 page is taking me out pic.twitter.com/4TmArOJPE2

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 11:17 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Listening to today’s @abcnews Coronacast, “How much coronavirus research is useless and wasteful?” pca.st/txl4xkp5

Listening to today’s @7ampodcast, “The ABC’s funding crisis” pca.st/f9xizmig

Rhys_Needham IKEA Asks Customers Not To Masturbate In Its Stores 10daily.com.au/news/world/a20…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 10:21 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@luushanah @munin This is all very disappointing but not really unexpected. :(

via TweetDeck in reply to luushanah

upulie It’s happened: we can finally herd cats. Nothing is impossible now twitter.com/philippinestar…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:56 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@BXGD I’d forgotten about that slogan. Does that still apply in election years? I guess even more so.

via TweetDeck in reply to BXGD

JustJimWillDo English politicians not listen to scientists during times of pandemic are not new, apparently. twitter.com/michaelcoren/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:54 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

edbott This is the day Joe Biden became President. twitter.com/timjhogan/stat…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:51 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Disappointing and sad news: “BuzzFeed will no longer cover local Australian stories, with staff to be told today ab..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fh

ellenfromnowon SOMEONE JUST EMAILED ME COMPLAINING THAT THEY HADN’T RECEIVED THEIR MASK ORDER (???) AND IT TURNS OUT THEY THOUGHT..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Kb

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:37 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@ashabeeeee Also my brain is only partially working so far. Coffee has been obtained, however.

This is starting now with the ASIO rep Peter Vickery. You can listen at aph.gov.au/Watch_Read_Lis…. I won’t be tweetin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3S

yiannna surprisingly vox has a decent article on this to read more: vox.com/the-highlight/…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:31 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

yiannna 35 years ago today the Philadelphia police department dropped a bomb on the west philly black liberation group, MOV..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1l

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:31 AM, May 14th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian NEW BLOG POST: “Talking the COVIDSafe app again on ABC Adelaide” with @RobertSlonim (14m12s) stilgherrian.com/conversations/… pic.twitter.com/SpNslmmtf0

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:26 AM, May 14th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

Thu plan, an observation: This week isn’t being quite as productive as I’d hoped, but it’s not a disaster either. It’s just annoying.

Thu plan, broad outline: Slow start, because Annoying Side Effects again; keep an ear on PJCIS (see attached); writ..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4y

baaaadscience If you run out of toilet paper, a handful of spiders works just as well. pic.twitter.com/U3vKu743vr

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:07 AM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Rschooley Going to be a lot of this, isn’t there? pic.twitter.com/PD07u8be5N

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:06 AM, May 14th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Thursday. Attach neatly handwritten labels to each part explaining its purpose. Thursday.