August 15th, 2020

Anyway I’ll leave you lot to work out the details.

“In your 90s, time for Guru…”

Well it seems like my Modest Proposal is meeting with some approval.

The year is 2055, and in the Tina Arena Memorial Performance Space at the Autumn of Love Nursing Home, Jessica Maub..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xh

gavinthomas2015 Justin Bieber got 100,000 retweets for tweeting “live life full”. That’s just 3 random words. I’m going to try now.

Tits hamster bacon

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:57 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@zyzzyvamedia @AuthoryApp Ah yes, I think I have some Wayback Machine work coming up too.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to zyzzyvamedia

The world’s longest-ever cucumber is shorter than you might think.

ChartingTrnsprt Postcodes have very different sizes and populations. It doesn’t make sense to colour a map by postcode population (..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…AR

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:18 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@skwashd @BgoAddy Wow, 30–50 goats! Children playing! You know what we need now, eh?

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

mpolkadot_ My boyfriend said that Wes Anderson looks like all his cast members, but I want to point out specifically that you..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gY

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:00 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

prawn_meat handy way to remember how to spell “alterations” pic.twitter.com/flbUz5rGa8

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 5:02 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

patstokes Chris Kenny in 1940, running around London screaming “Why do you all like Churchill so much, he’s the one who made..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kZ

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:07 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Did anyone notice that NASA photographed Cthulhu on Jupiter the other day? twitter.com/Astroguyz/stat… pic.twitter.com/zCvoAtK1UH

Foone I promise I’m not starting another aliexpress thread (YET) but I have to share this wonder of site glitching.

for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ml

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:21 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Hey @zyzzyvamedia thanks for the plug for @AuthoryApp. It’s being really easy to set up an archive, and Eric was in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kY

LRonMexico Ralph Nader actually is responsible for Iraq because a seatbelt saved Laura Bush’s life, and without her, W would’v..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zy

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:57 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@zyzzyvamedia I have my doubts about the authenticity of that thing. It doesn’t show up in a Factiva search, for example.

via TweetDeck in reply to zyzzyvamedia

JetPhotos Qantas A380s now neatly arranged in Victorville for their extended stay. jetphotos.com/photo/9817473 © Rocky Wang pic.twitter.com/vxdgyjKRLg

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:46 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

AnarchyCoo A LIMIT IS ONLY SOMETHING WE HAVEN’T DESTROYED YET. PÄRSK! pic.twitter.com/95MHXSwG8k

via Anarcoo (retweeted on 1:33 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

lenoretaylor Coalition’s homebuilder scheme attracts less than 250 applicants and ‘no payments have been made’ theguardian.com/australia-news…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:31 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

mikjcal The most Twitter being Twitter exchange ever… pic.twitter.com/F7vPY11SdR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:04 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

“Manus Island is a vital strategic location. Why is a Chinese company being paid to upgrade its airfield?” lowyinstitute.org/the-interprete…

Seen in Railway Square, Sydney. pic.twitter.com/q2mTNKBV46

JohnBirmingham Where have you been all my life!?! pic.twitter.com/7koDODNPNc

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:25 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

elisethoma5 This Facebook page is run from China (where Facebook is banned) and is running paid advertisements for Xinjiang tar..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7J

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:22 PM, Aug 15th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

@manindotblack @OyasumiMinna1 Why would you stop? You don’t stop aircraft to launch missiles. Also, there’s no “kic..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FN

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

I’m liking the idea of BuzzFeed being part of the Deep State. twitter.com/Haleaziz/statu…

This is a horrifying story and excellent work by @SquigglyRick. twitter.com/SatPaper/statu…

SatPaper Now unlocked: “In my opinion, hundreds of residents are, and will, die prematurely because people have failed to ac..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OS

via Buffer (retweeted on 11:28 AM, Aug 15th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dobes @jpwarren @NewtonMark @juhasaarinen Wait. If you send a packet via Australia Post the weight of the envelope..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sj

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dobes

jonkudelka Today’s cartoon in the @SatPaper pic.twitter.com/UvrKqUOyyP

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:04 AM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@_midofo_ @JustJimWillDo @SatPaper I am not prepared to discuss this any further.

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

I refuse to reveal my score in this week’s @SatPaper quiz. thesaturdaypaper.com.au/quiz/2020/08/15

TheShovel UPDATE: Fox News has made the editorial decision not to focus on Kamala Harris’s gender, saying it will focus only on her race

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:27 AM, Aug 15th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@jehankanga I can’t see the noise being acceptable for civilian use, but then again there was the Tupolev Tu-114. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_T…

via TweetDeck in reply to jehankanga

Or how about the Iranian HESA Bavar 2, produced for the Navy of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps?..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KH

Further to last night’s thread about ekranoplans, did you know that people have been trying to revive the concept c..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gi

I mean. I really need yet another project, right?

The reason I mention Thaitown is that the Wikipedia article on Sydney’s “Thai Town” [sic] is a terrible little stub..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2j

@flowblok They are just so Inefficient.

via TweetDeck in reply to flowblok

@NewtonMark It does seem quite nice. And with some rain later it might be the perfect thoughtful day.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

Sat plan, some probable eventual inclusions: Slow start; brunch; walking; photos in Thaitown and elsewhere; writing..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dG

Sat plan, background: I’d originally planned to produce a podcast today, but I now realise that’s stupid. I’m down..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…R2

Once more, Sydney’s weather forecast covers more than just the weather. This is as good as it gets. pic.twitter.com/JYQVkxMYsi

Saturday. When They Arrive, They will Turn Off the Machines, and you will Suffer. Saturday.