August 23rd, 2020

@alliecoyne It’s one of the best Australian satires ever.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to alliecoyne

I see that ABC iView has all of “The Hollowmen” at the moment. iview.abc.net.au/show/hollowmen

newsthump NEWS! Melania Trump channels husband in overhaul of White House rose garden by removing all flowers of colour..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CI

via NewsThump (retweeted on 8:18 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Histreepix A doctor helps explain to Nobel Prize winner Albert Einstein why Robbie left Take That. Princeton, 1995. pic.twitter.com/wtY1OlYBUj

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:56 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

I’m starting to get a feel for what would count ask High Level Boomer Points. The whole idea of a Level 12 Boomer i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QX

I’m busy cooking dinner. I’ll read all of your replies, but I may not reply to many of you individually.

I must say, I like quite a lot of your suggestions for Boomer Simulator. I didn’t get around to posting a summary t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hD

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

flamencolambada thinking about this exchange with my landlord in February pic.twitter.com/ThlqvgEkhc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:40 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

NEW BLOG POST: “Weekly Wrap 534: Bird life, Kylie, beavers, and a bit of a mistake” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/53… Covers..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…BM

As always you can support this stupid podcast at stilgherrian.com/tip. You might like to do this.

NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Minogue-based Correction In Brief” (3m57s) stilgherrian.com/edict/00114/ The photograph is a lie…twitter.com/i/web/status/1…z8

DrBillGladstone Australian Giant Cuttlefish evicted from home crevice by aggressive neighbours: White Ear damselfishes. He flashes,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…58

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:45 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

CelticWombat Noe Valley residents got bored during the pandemic. pic.twitter.com/HD9i8g0BjI

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:44 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Yep, this is now confirmed as the most probably answer. There’s two New Holland honeyeaters outside in a high-speed..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fi

mfarnsworth I failed to note a little milestone two days ago. On August 21, Scott Morrison overtook Tony Abbott’s term as prim..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…px

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:22 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ChartingTrnsprt Melbourne traffic volumes very slowly creeping up during stage 4 restrictions. pic.twitter.com/FFed0XZJGo

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:16 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@upulie Sadly no. It all happened way too quickly. I’d need to set up camera traps or something.

via TweetDeck in reply to upulie

@Jayne13 It’s possible I suppose. There’s a small flock of them being quite boisterous these days.

via TweetDeck in reply to Jayne13

Don’t worry, it just lay there panting for ten minutes and then got up and flew off. I don’t know how they do it.

Impressed by the over-enthusiastic New Holland honeyeater that just crashed into the window three times in three se..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5J

Mr_JCE 😳 Wow! This looks like the scene from a movie. Six waterspouts simultaneously in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…T7

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:02 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

gtconway3d “He was a brat. I did his homework for him. … I drove him around New York City to try to get him into college.”
“..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CM

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 2:31 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Sun plan: Big sleep-in after a late night (mission accomplished!); curry (eventually); podcast correction; confirm..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qu

_WhatRiot “Hey guys, let’s wrap this up. Let’s get out of here.”

“Lets get into the Terry Schrunk park.”

“No not the park,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FE

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:20 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

spaceprole this guy is literally ready to kill and die for a 4chan shitpost he believed pic.twitter.com/xC40zVHRYf

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:15 PM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

This weather is much better than yesterday so I might actually get out of bed now. pic.twitter.com/oWtRKcKIFN

Sunday. Repair the damage in your soul with paper and string. Sunday.

If there is no snow then I am going to complain to the manager.

OK I am going away now. I expect there to be snow outside soon, but it’s approaching 4am and I have to pretend to be an adult tomorrow.

@david_heath Go to bed, David. That’s terrible.

via TweetDeck in reply to david_heath

HAHAHAHAHA LIKE AIRBNB ALL FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FFS POUR ME ANOTHER GIN. twitter.com/NBCNews/status…

pointlesslettrs REASONS WHY BRITAIN IS TOTALLY RUINED THESE DAYS, NUMBER 15,620: “People drinking tea or coffee in public. The bast..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ip

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:21 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

AnarchyCoo MOOOOOE. DO NOT CONDEMN ANOTHER’S REVOLUTIONARY TACTICS: INSTEAD, ASK WHY THEY FOUND THEM NECESSARY. MU. pic.twitter.com/9fk6R0JGBi

via Anarcoo (retweeted on 3:11 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Still, it’s impressive that the top line temperature is still above zero.

ScotAmbSOM_Nick I just rang IT help desk to order a new mouse because the one in the office isn’t working….

Turns out it’s a wh..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…I8

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:59 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ratemyskyperoom Always looks like a Baptist in a strip club. Waiting for the Rapture. Nice plant. 0/10 @SecPompeo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bb

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:45 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

DigiVictorian Mary Hager was NOT to be messed with!

— Illustrated Police News (1877)pic.twitter.com/PFu20qIzZFF

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:45 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

PessimistsArc A generation saved from drug addiction (1988) pic.twitter.com/P7yq0hVinF

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:44 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@elronxenu There’s going to be a whole genre of academic studies about the disconnect between the media imagery and..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…I9

via TweetDeck in reply to elronxenu

It’s insulting, sure, but it’ll work. Only wonks watch this shit live. Normal people get the details second-hand or..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pb

TheNCMF 22 Aug 1956: Chinese fighters shot down U.S. Navy reconnaissance plane (P4M-1Q Mercator) over Shengsi Islands,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2m

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 2:25 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

I just popped outside. Big mistake. It’s well after 2am and the apparent temperature is -8C. It’s not snowing yet,..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Gd

suboticjelena When your university reopening plan is literally a shit emoji twitter.com/iubloomington/…

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 2:15 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@AuthoryApp Anyway, one thing I love is that now I can see which of my stories for @zdnetaustralia were picked up a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Me

@AuthoryApp Mind you, it’s now 2am on a Saturday night so you seriously don’t care, do you.

@AuthoryApp Anyway, I’ve got these imported so far. (The ones listed as The Australian were actually Technology Spe..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…39

@AuthoryApp I am not being paid to say this, obviously, because you should know by now I don’t do that. But he deal..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…og

PLUG: @AuthoryApp is a damn good way to create an archive / portfolio of your online writing. Mine is at..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nC

@skwashd @EnsignR @danmurphys Look, yes, @danmurphys are always happy to help me — great service as you know — buttwitter.com/i/web/status/1…VbE9

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

@skwashd @EnsignR No no, i’s all fine. [Shudder.]

via TweetDeck in reply to skwashd

@EnsignR Yes, I chose it deliberately. Please, Sir, I am not an amateur.

via TweetDeck in reply to EnsignR

ATTENTION! Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are concerned that I’ve run out of gin and am dangerously low on whiskey, p..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xr

@dawnstarau Yeah all the ways we measure it. More than Vietnam plus Korea. Whatever. And it just seems to be some b..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5A

via TweetDeck in reply to dawnstarau

@david_heath This is that tear gas thing yeah I know.

via TweetDeck in reply to david_heath

mattDCLXVI if 2020 was a church pic.twitter.com/IP1fVGYeuR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:11 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

And then you’ve got this shit happening. I mean, failed state much? twitter.com/thehill/status…

@EnsignR I have some whisky left. My wine delivery failed to arrive because couriers.

via TweetDeck in reply to EnsignR

@ProjectLincoln I mean, we have other archive photos of piles of corpses from other massacres as well. I won’t name..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ik

On a related note — and I’m surprised no one has done this yet — what would a photo illustration look like of 175,0twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6aFH

As someone who is not in The America, I have a LOT of trouble understanding why 175,000 deaths hasn’t caused an imm..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cl

How can I be out of gin?

RachaelHasIdeas This tiktok account is mostly this man singing to baby donkeys and 😭 pic.twitter.com/sOTysBVBzj

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:48 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

This is all fabulous. The snow might start in the next hour, or maybe not. pic.twitter.com/obRCyHjidd

PessimistsArc The 1918 version of hacked verified Twitter accounts?

Forged telegrams from health officials speaking against mask..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fy

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:44 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@CARROT_app It’s still not snowing, but it is definitely cold.

via TweetDeck in reply to CARROT_app

OdedRechavi Traveling to a conference in 2021 pic.twitter.com/tvhzEcHmLc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:15 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

JohnBrownlow Amazing fact: apparently the DNC convention was helmed from (Emmy winner) Glenn Weiss’s living room in Brentwood. H..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ws

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:12 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

nntaleb To figure out if someone is an idiot, call him an idiot and check if he gets upset.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:11 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

erstkate Remember the Dancing Baby early meme thing? pic.twitter.com/5gKdTKTZ1i

edbott In the writers’ room, they’re doing what we call “foreshadowing.” twitter.com/AnaCabrera/sta…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:10 AM, Aug 23rd, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)