August 30th, 2020

mrmsutton Being a renowned expert was so easy in the 18th century. Books will be like “Obadiah Cutler was the country’s forem..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Be

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:37 PM, Aug 30th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@jplonie @SnarkyPlatypus Wow that’s some A-grade disturbance right there.

via TweetDeck in reply to jplonie

fesshole My girlfriend hid something behind her back saying she has a surprise for me. I was hoping for a chocolate bar. Ins..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…kO

via fesshole (retweeted on 7:40 PM, Aug 30th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

Histreepix Santa Claus fingered by the Devil. Hoboken, 1975. pic.twitter.com/w64lBaboFa

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:39 PM, Aug 30th, 2020 via Twitter Web App)

NEW BLOG POST: “Weekly Wrap 535: Getting ready for spring with a little reflection” stilgherrian.com/weekly-wrap/53… Covers..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…y7

deadeyebrakeman debate him in the marketplace of ideas twitter.com/teamh1kar1/sta…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:15 PM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

RAF_Luton Even though its a we are still at work at defending the nation.

Here crews prepare..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eZ

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 7:02 PM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@TonyThefathippy Indeed. I’ve noticed the mob gradually increase in size over recent years. So pleasing to see.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to TonyThefathippy

@HHackenbecker Why thank you. :) I feel fully lobstered.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to HHackenbecker

Also for your listening pleasure, “The 9pm Probe: John Birmingham, author and columnist” (8 Jul 2018)..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jw

As always, you can support this podcast by going to stilgherrian.com/tip and doing the needful. August has been..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Wl

If you’re owed TRIGGER WORDS or a CONVERSATION TOPIC you’ll get an email some time Monday, but the short version if..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nH

NEW PODCAST PROMO: “Announcing ‘The 9pm Spring Series 2020’” (3m37s) stilgherrian.com/edict/00114a/

Key points: Weekly ep..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ec

@TooheyMatthew Probably not. The roos are long associated with WSU. There’s just a band of parklands nearby as well and they roam.

via TweetDeck in reply to TooheyMatthew

Mob of 20+ eastern grey kangaroos lazing around at Western Sydney University this evening. This pleases me because..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…U8

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

. Of the six people in the lead car I’m the only one wearing a mask, though yeah there’s very few of us. pic.twitter.com/sAMObuXXCQ

@kels_316 As an aside, have you thought of a side business called Unsafe Drones?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

@GordyPls To be honest I’d be quite happy with either of these amounts.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to GordyPls

Wow sod off WHO, this guy is giving me €58 million! pic.twitter.com/qDXKecbMql

Apparently @johnb78 has a taxonomy of mask-wearers, so I offer this extremely rare selfie for analysis. pic.twitter.com/uth4lYEWcV

I’ve kicked off about this sort of deception before. Has @ABCmediawatch done an item on it yet? I have two other th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ii

paulwallbank Read this thread before you become triggered by photos and scoldimg media stories of irresponsible crowds across Au..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jC

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:08 PM, Aug 30th, 2020 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@semibogan You can’t punch out fuckwits if there’s video. You can shoot them though. Unless they’re white.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to semibogan

@aleeb88 Mate. Seriously. Catch and release.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to aleeb88

@SuperCroup To be fair, it’s more like I’m soon to need a bra.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to SuperCroup

@researchMegan @normanswan No need to apologise. That was indeed one hell of a time.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to researchMegan

@cafuego This is beautiful, thank you. I’m always intrigued by the hard fundamentalists who seem unable to reconcil..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ZD

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to cafuego

Another victory for targeted advertising. pic.twitter.com/Lf1N8hBjmu

Keep your phone locked, @normanswan. If you’d dropped it anyone who found it could cause havoc to your life. twitter.com/normanswan/sta…

I even saw a bird which turned out not to be a shag, but a female Australasian Darter (Anhinga novaehollandiae). twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Lunch soon. I think I need a Sunday Lunch steak or something. Maybe. And I’m pondering where to walk after that. Da..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lT

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

Oh, in case you haven’t see this public health message before, he’s one of the many variants in English. pic.twitter.com/anYXvWb5Qq

This has a whole different vibe in German. pic.twitter.com/vwcpID8tJD

@liamosaur @snare @bigmac Yep, exact point made here. So many “rules” were just made up by 19th century prescriptiv..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tR

via TweetDeck in reply to liamosaur

@DavidFeng Yes. Have you got you €1.5 million yet?

via TweetDeck in reply to DavidFeng

@snare @bigmac [Nods] There’s a whole bunch of folks who think “they” is only plural, which led to that whole repet..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UG

via TweetDeck in reply to snare

@bigmac @snare Shorter version: People only list their preferred third-person pronouns because they’re the only one..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3x

@bigmac @snare First-person is speaking about yourself. Second-person is speaking about the person you’re taking to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0w

@bigmac @snare I’ll chip in. All of “he/she/they” are third-person singular, with the first two being gendered. “I’..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vJ

via TweetDeck in reply to bigmac

@NewtonMark I think this should be prioritised over high-speed rail.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@glengyron @SuperCroup @schlutes @SnarkyPlatypus You don’t need to cut up a mango and use a spoon if all you’re doi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…VO

via TweetDeck in reply to glengyron

Hey the WHO is giving me €1.5 million as COVID-19 social distress relief, so that’s good. pic.twitter.com/Atz6HLMAaY

@glengyron @SnarkyPlatypus Yeah look there’s a few different things going on here.

via TweetDeck in reply to glengyron

@twcau I seem to recall there is such a thing. @NewtonMark am I right here?

via TweetDeck in reply to twcau

matchafrosting fucked up this week. introduced a variant of “pin the tail on the donkey” at my nephews birthday party. all the kid..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…b4

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:32 AM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Tim_McCready Masks mandatory on public transport from tomorrow.

In preparation I ordered the seat fabric to match..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sb

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:52 AM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Sun plan, broadly speaking: Slow start; knock out a few emails; record a podcast promo; walk in the sunshine; shopp..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xI

kenklippenstein volunteering to be lobotomized by elon musk so he can afford a second island

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:14 AM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

ICYMI, me at @zdnetaustralia WenWednesday: “Do intelligence agencies need restructuring for the digital disinformat..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QZ

SuperCroup South America is *complex* but defining ethnicity and heritage by political boundaries of modern nation states is a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…x9

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:08 AM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

@twcau Lol nah, ours is just one single six-pair cable. But this is a standard temporary line replacement sort of t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jT

via TweetDeck in reply to twcau

ColinPClarke That this even needs to be said speaks volumes about the state of the country. twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:01 AM, Aug 30th, 2020 via TweetDeck)

Yes, Sydney is a bit fuzzy this morning. As am I. pic.twitter.com/urLrFA0Qa5

Sunday. Think about the fish and they will think about you. Sunday.