May 27th, 2021

OK I must sleep now because I have to pretend to be able to meet a deadline tomorrow. Two deadlines actually. This..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ok

@James_Jeffrey I am going to read all this tomorrow when I am not full of soup and despair. Your points seem, on th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7i

via TweetDeck in reply to James_Jeffrey

@erstkate How long have you been part of the Gestapo?

via TweetDeck in reply to erstkate

@seanpryor Thank you. Once I have consumed my balls I will tweet the contact details.

via TweetDeck in reply to seanpryor

REMINDER: Do not watch The Bad Program.

@manindotblack @ashabeeeee @dobes Well punctuation is a subbie’s job, so @campbell_kwan.

BUT MY STORIES ARE PUNCTU..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uw

via TweetDeck in reply to manindotblack

@jpwarren Wait, I just meant that you’d enjoy this PII try-on and the response.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

@HenryGoeldner @AlboMP @James_Jeffrey To be clearer, “You should’ve done X” with hindsight isn’t helpful. Let’s not..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jy

@dobes @ashabeeeee And the problem there is… what?

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@ashabeeeee @dobes And you deserve it. :) You’ve been working so hard and also deserve a raise.

via TweetDeck in reply to ashabeeeee

@AlboMP @James_Jeffrey The epidemiologists told us early last year that without a vaccine we’d be chasing outbreaks..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GM

@AlboMP @James_Jeffrey Also yes I am getting both old and tired.

@AlboMP @James_Jeffrey Maybe I’m getting old or just tired, but can we not turn public health into a party-politica..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…GQ

via TweetDeck in reply to AlboMP

Davidramli All else aside… that’s *really* not how you pronounce “Xi” so the “New Xi-land” pun just sounds a bit weirdtwitter.com/60mins/status/…9c

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:41 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@JohnBarronUSA My spot in the Legislative Council is assured!

@JohnBarronUSA Perhaps even a sex-on-premises venue.

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBarronUSA

@JohnBarronUSA All train journeys over 55 minutes should have an onboard bar and safe injecting room.

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBarronUSA

@JohnBarronUSA It’s confusing because everything is being replaced all at once. D-Sets are the electric NIF (New In..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7z

@JohnBarronUSA That’s in the replacements for the Xplorer and Endeavour diesel sets.

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBarronUSA

@JohnBarronUSA @phonakins But they do have tray tables and power outlets.

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBarronUSA

@JohnBarronUSA There is no bar. That’s what could go wrong.

via TweetDeck in reply to JohnBarronUSA

@OaaSvc @dawnstarau I’ve not seen theirs but I have seen other 32-bit floating point recorders around. Links please..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pj

via TweetDeck in reply to OaaSvc

@Helodare @swearyanthony And a reminder: Frontline is on Netflix currently, along with a huge swathe of other quality Australian material.

via TweetDeck in reply to Helodare

@znmeb @dawnstarau Yeah but it appears that you follow me so you know what I’m like. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to znmeb

Thanks to @dawnstarau I now have a field case for my Zoom H6n, which will make it much easier to record bird noises..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vK

Histreepix Energy-efficient ‘super-showers’ could cater simultaneously for two showerers (centre, r.) and one naked observer (..twitter.com/i/web/status/8…i7

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:38 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

beneltham Meanwhile in tinfoil hat land twitter.com/johnruddick2/s…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:25 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

ShieldHero85 When you don’t know what a pronoun is pic.twitter.com/O2oOK54Zjl

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:23 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

I see that 60 Minutes is running satire now. twitter.com/60Mins/status/…

@guytaur There has to be a will to listen to the advice though. I am continually reminded that the key HIV/AIDS wor..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Gc

via TweetDeck in reply to guytaur

@glendturner Those last two because the more traditional messaging people were a bit too straight to be completely..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wt

@glendturner Oh wow that was right at the heart of it. :) I did some work with AIDS Awareness Week for two years, b..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xg

via TweetDeck in reply to glendturner

@jpwarren I should probably link to some background for people who haven’t been following the story of the Gaetjens..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yb

This brief video is extremely @jpwarren areas, and also the areas of anyone into privacy law or freedom of informat..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…v2

@guytaur I remember some fantastic material being prepared back when — my experience was during the 1990s — so woultwitter.com/i/web/status/1…ImSO

via TweetDeck in reply to guytaur

martinwalsh Hilarious satire. This is what the Head of the Federal Public Service thinks about democracy pic.twitter.com/tAtB9KqRn4 twitter.com/pmc_gov_au/sta…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:06 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@glendturner These are all good points, yes. I don’t stick to them myself because I too am human (allegedly) and get cranky with people.

via TweetDeck in reply to glendturner

I have yet to dip into @ProZD’s series of board game reviews. I just want to say that this one looks insane. And I..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Gz

@Toni_Fish @DavidHRobb @NewtonMark Yep, all a perfectly reasonable set of decisions.

via TweetDeck in reply to Toni_Fish

I should tag all this by saying that I learned a little about public health messaging during a different pandemic (..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6R

@glendturner Yep. People weigh up the pros and cons and relative priorities of their activities every day. People g..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CE

via TweetDeck in reply to glendturner

@MorkaiAU It’s quite possible that “You, journalist, can’t come to government press conferences any more because we..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…It

via TweetDeck in reply to MorkaiAU

None of this is aimed at @rwillingham of course. I just happened to bounce off his tweet, the first one I saw with..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hP

That this probably still needs to be said more than a year into a global pandemic is of course yet another sign of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…l0

People in public health messaging know this stuff. Contact tracers know this stuff. Every potential taboo working a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1O

How that’s handled will be a crucial factor in how people with mild symptoms respond in the future. Someone working..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Hv

How annoying. Of course deadbeat news mastheads will now want to know WHO ARE THEY WE MUST VILIFY THEM. Quality new..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…UH

doublebaytoday Local Man Maintains Thick South African Accent Despite Coming To Australia As A Baby, In 1976

“My accent is non-ne..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Uh

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:52 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@katgallow So it was. We certainly did that because it was the Space Age at the time.

via TweetDeck in reply to katgallow

Apple Maps seems to be over-specifying my current location. pic.twitter.com/3qVTfbAgyH

@bastardsheep Around 4am is fine for that sort of thing.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bastardsheep

This is totally unnecessary at 4.15pm. pic.twitter.com/hTAzSj5R2c

bhautikj GET THEE TO A STABBERRY

I was in the door and the hub at Homebush and getting stabbed within minutes A++++++ would..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zt

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:06 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

cameronwilson a very happy birthday to One Nation’s Pauline Hanson! pic.twitter.com/dfgtJVfh1T

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:55 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

glengyron This is right, so of course people are going crazy. twitter.com/David_Speers/s…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:55 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@s1cox Ah, yes, a similar concept to “dish pig”.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to s1cox

“… And this is Justin, my new swab dog.”

Is it just me or does “swab dog” sound like a new kind of gay sex party role? twitter.com/DrRimmer/statu…

Oh that’s right, it’s Thursday.

Yesterday’s @7ampodcast is a good one to listen to if you’re following Labor’s journey. “Why isn’t Labor cutting th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rf

GreenJ Andrew’s cracked it … pic.twitter.com/8PEvNFxlNO

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:09 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

LawyersWeekly The judgement to determine whether his barrister Sue Chrysanthou will be removed from his legal team should be hand..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Qw

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:07 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

LawyersWeekly BREAKING: Former A-G Christian Porter and the ABC have agreed to enter into a mediation in order to settle his defa..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…uw

via Hootsuite Inc. (retweeted on 3:07 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

dobes @oysta did you know the mice plague was due to rodents feasting on the bodies of hidden cases?

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:04 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

oysta Drips’ Third Law: Any sufficiently successful COVID response is indistinguishable from conspiracy pic.twitter.com/GpDQJHdagF

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 3:04 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

LukeBarnett I just witnessed an older cashier at Target tell a guy who had his mask around his chin to pull it up, and when he..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LL

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:03 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

MeganHustwaite Dear interstaters,
Don’t send thoughts and good vibes.
Send us alcohol via delivery services and your streaming passwords😘

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:53 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Sure, in Question Time, but what about play lunch? twitter.com/murpharoo/stat…

editingemily Her: “I want a hug.”

Me: *hug*

Her: “A carry hug.”

Me: “That’s what we call scope creep.”

Her: “I would like a scope creep.”

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:42 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

macaulaybalkan general rule of thumb, don’t trust people whose avis/headers are pics of themselves on TV

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:30 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

dr_nic POV: you are feeling poorly and trying to nap on the couch but someone wants to know if dinner is coming two hours..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JP

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:30 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JohnBarronUSA It’s lovely and distinctive. Officially it’s called “bush plum” and a believe it was chosen by Glady..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Di

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JohnBarronUSA

@NewtonMark @allrite Lol I knew that. I was just making a general observation.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

@allrite @NewtonMark There are way too many places with Wentworth in the name.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to allrite

@moylecroft @NewtonMark Should get some lovely views of the lakes.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to moylecroft

NateBeachW Mosques in Iran receive free electricity.
Bitcoin mining requires a ton of power (and increasingly so).
I trust y..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Vi

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:14 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@NewtonMark Better not fly through Victoria.

(Obvious and lame comment but I need some attention.)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to NewtonMark

When will we start seeing the road movies? “Two Hours to Welaregang”. twitter.com/smh/status/139…

SpotTheLoon2010 I’ve decided to subtitle pictures of my cat so people know what he’s thinking. 🤣🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/1vElT2RUrv

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 2:07 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@paulkidd The Morrison Government’s covid successes which he keeps telling us are a thing.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to paulkidd

I know many people are miffed that Scott Morrison keeps taking personal credit for all the covid successes, but tha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…aW

AlbionLoveDen @Mesut_Ausil I’ve brought the dead possum home with me

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 1:14 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Mesut_Ausil Melbourne’s famous laneways will once again go dim, forcing locals off milk crates near a dead possum and a skip bi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nV

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:14 PM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@developerjack It’s just like reaction videos on YouTube. No one wants them but everyone makes them.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to developerjack

This explains why the trams aren’t moving on George Street. pic.twitter.com/ElJNAG29ea

@davpope @dobes Whew! It’s madness out there.

Data point: Since last night my Sydney hotel has had customers cance..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gK

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to davpope

MarquisO The internet has peaked twitter.com/retrofirearms/…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:55 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@TheIronMonk3 Settle down. It’s no drama. I saw a dumb tweet. I called that person a drongo. I muted them. I moved on.

via TweetDeck in reply to TheIronMonk3

davispg keep seeing government delivered services (state and federal) failing to scale properly to demand.

sites and servi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…dW

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:51 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Jo_Tovey The federal court of Australia has found the environment minister, Sussan Ley, has a duty of care to protect young..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Bd

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:30 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Monocotyledon Morrison’s photographer will be busy in the next few weeks. So many imaginary nails, so little time.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:29 PM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Well then, @dobes, I see @davpope is back from his holidays or wherever he was. pic.twitter.com/8PrsqDkQr4

@rob_john_colson @TheIronMonk3 Mate, you’re in no position to judge. Your entire Twitter feed is such a comprehensi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lc

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to rob_john_colson

Oh dear and now I need another nap lol. Baxoon.

Anyone who uses texts for “group messages” is a criminal in need of re-education. twitter.com/hayzul_nut/sta…

CSWherrett Jacqui Lambie has been banned from Qantas for six months for an incident where she was “dropping expletives and ref..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sq

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:40 AM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

jenniferdown not to be a giant cunt but twee lockdown ‘you’ve/we’ve got this!’ and ‘solidarity uwu~’ posts make me want to blow..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…XW

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:30 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

GonzoHacker I can show you the world pic.twitter.com/9ij7GFW4Xg

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:29 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

pjlogue I needed a good laugh this morning. pic.twitter.com/joCKK2uATW

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 9:26 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

TheKennyDevine Huge if true. pic.twitter.com/hYZmuWFja2

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:26 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@_BertHandsome @rohan_p And if not a happy hour, it’s Miserable Hour.

via TweetDeck in reply to _BertHandsome

@rohan_p Not when watching Estimates, no.

via TweetDeck in reply to rohan_p

Senate Estimates continues to deliver. twitter.com/rohan_p/status…

jpwarren I am not at all interested in takes that blame “the public” for failures of government.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:21 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@WarWraith Lol yes this stuff is very difficult to get your head around.

via TweetDeck in reply to WarWraith

@trib Oh I hadn’t had that last one! Perhaps don’t tell people about that one.

via TweetDeck in reply to trib

NewtonMark “We.” pic.twitter.com/9fHXOkG1o8

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:19 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

@WarWraith Yeah these numbers don’t help though, because they’re not expressed as “per what?”. It’s not a 1/103 cha..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9I

via TweetDeck in reply to WarWraith

@dobes @davidgerard @rohan_p @ashabeeeee Hah. Excellent. Now maybe the regulators here in AU will get around to ban..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0o

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@trib This does seem to be the most common reaction. Some friends have had the terrible actual fever, but it’s only a day or two.

via TweetDeck in reply to trib

To the people saying they’re waiting to be offered a different vaccine: Please stop being like this. No one is impr..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…95

Coming up to three days after vaccination. I’m still quite tired, even after a LONG sleep last night. I slept very..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Kz

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@NewtonMark I choose to not accept this bet.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

No, this is far too much faffing around and a terrible mix of flavours. Go straight to a @SnarkyPlatypus Xantini. twitter.com/Joanne17348894…

rohan_p Lead story by Grahame in this morning’s edition of CommsDay includes Andy Penn describing deputy Nats leader David..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…EQ

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:48 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

glengyron They should try to make each lockdown memorable. Maybe this is the silly hat lockdown. Can’t leave the house witho..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…l3

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:41 AM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

“Defence chief informed of infamous bar ‘The Fat Ladies Arms’ in 2015,” which would seem to run counter to the evid..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4x

“Ferrets can sniff out flu in poo — could it also work for ‘corona odour’?”abc.net.au/news/science/2…q

I see what they’re doing here. Cunning. twitter.com/rtenews/status…

MichaelH_PhD Satan, greeting new arrivals at the Gates of Hell.

“Scan the QR code as you enter, please.”

New arrivals: “And th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ds

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:26 AM, May 27th, 2021 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

oliyoung The internet twitter.com/theamberpicota…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:07 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Thu plan: It’s mostly about writing for @zdnetaustralia today, first in a hotel room, later in the Darling Square L..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0H

meadea New: Thousands of YouTube comments on Sky News Australia video celebrate BLM activist being shot in head theguardian.com/media/2021/may…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:04 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

cathywilcox1 Spoiled for choice.
My @smh @theage cartoon. pic.twitter.com/YonFEAh9lv

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:04 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

NewtonMark She seems nice. twitter.com/michaelkoziol/…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:56 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

I am showing this to @DavidFeng, probably for the millionth time, in the vain hope he’ll stop pestering me about th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2g

MCVictorEremita Learning pic.twitter.com/3aDunk0aka

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:52 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

redrabbleroz If on the other hand, you believe I should not be blamed for the actions of the Morrison Government, that’s a very..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yU

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:49 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

redrabbleroz There’s a sad irony in an @smh editorial saying not to blame Chinese Australians for the CCP w/ a URL that says “fo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OV

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:49 AM, May 27th, 2021 via TweetDeck)

Another delightful autumn day lies ahead for Sydney. pic.twitter.com/anjGoRrQ4b

Thursday. Today Time’s relentless march is clearer to you than ever, and you resent it. Tick. Tick. Tick. Thursday.