In Sydney NSW AU to 31 Aug

April 14th, 2022

OmarjSakr Twitter’s response to Elon Musk’s bid should be to delete his account and ban him from posting again, for no reason..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…G5

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:34 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@kels_316 I’m still trying to decide if it’s a troll or not, but hey I’m all for the chaos.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kels_316

MattGertz Buying Twitter to own the libs.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:03 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

riskybusiness The most annoying regular at the bar is trying to buy the joint

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:51 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Another shitshow kicks off.

“Elon Musk launches hostile takeover of Twitter” smh.com.au/business/compa…

@voltagex I suppose I should write something. Added to the one-day list.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to voltagex

@vealmince Probably best to scrub yourself down with disinfectant.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to vealmince

Reminder: Do not watch The Bad Program.

susie_dent Word of the day is ‘maw-worm’ (19th century): one who insists that they have done nothing wrong, despite evidence to the contrary.

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:16 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

AusElectoralCom @headkittens We don’t anticipate a problem with your gay shoes.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:12 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

PPantsdown Democracy is saved twitter.com/AusElectoralCo…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:57 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

port_moresby Just heard hot cross buns being referred to as ‘hotty b’s’

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:23 PM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@dfpiii Good point. I’d thought Boris would be gone ages ago or not at all, but here we are.

via TweetDeck in reply to dfpiii

I’ll be doing one of these each Thursday until the election.

Also, I’m recording an episode with @JohnBirmingham n..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9v

NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Election Unhinging: Week the First” (56m28s) the9pmedict.com/edict/000164/

Look for “The 9pm Edict..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…be

@dobes @purserj Ah yes of course, it’s Easter.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@dobes @purserj Oh lovely! And it looks like a nice day down there too.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

GrogsGamut @FionaKatauskas I am sure I am wrong :-)

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:08 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

GrogsGamut Feel like we might be getting past the silly opening few days when everyone was a bit too hyped up on red cordial.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Airminded “supermarine spitfire, cross section” pic.twitter.com/sZtyYrV5bX

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:07 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Airminded “supermarine spitfire, technical drawing” pic.twitter.com/A71DBNpr5y

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:06 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@JustJimWillDo @dobes @roweafr A Google Images search has proved both fruitless and disturbing.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

@dobes @roweafr Imaging having an actual job where you were required to consider in detail what George Christensen’s nipples look like.

byronkaye BREAKING - ALBO CLAWS BACK MARGINAL SEAT SUPPORT BY RECITING PI TO 3,000 DECIMAL POINTS

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:29 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

So @dobes, I think @roweafr has both created a masterpiece and committed a crime against humanity, and I’m up for i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OA

@morebento @moylecroft This is a great photo, from Nature Picture Library. There’s a fantastic video of the dance o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…CS

@morebento @moylecroft I can’t find a photo just now, but sometimes they sort the objects into separate piles. Milk..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8b

@morebento @moylecroft Oh yes, it’s a size of his blue horde, its neatness, the neatness of the bower, and of cours..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Hm

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

@morebento Yes, they much prefer the darker blue of, say, a milk bottle cap. He grabbed some plastic clothes pegs i..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jh

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

@morebento I forget I now take his presence for granted. He’s about 12 or 15 metres out from my window and it’s a r..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8y

via TweetDeck in reply to morebento

I can’t quite see from my desk, but I think he might also have scored a few more blue things to show off.

Bowerbird update: The young male bowerbird is back, and this morning he’s repairing his bower and doing a little da..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…gR

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

mclayfield Love how the “post your cancellable takes” tweets studiously avoid topics that could actually get people cancelled.

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 9:13 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@rohan_p @dobes @davidgerard @NewtonMark It’s curious that the bid was $277 but they call it $280 in the hed with e..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…z9

via TweetDeck in reply to rohan_p

snipeyhead I tried to write “fundamentally” today and autocorrect changed it “fu clown sloth” and boy was the customer confuse..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…In

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:54 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

MichaelSmyth_ When TV networks saved money by making the sets and jackets from the same carpet.. pic.twitter.com/mQ2EIAbWV4

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 8:52 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

buitengebieden_ Time to re-pot the cat.. pic.twitter.com/ugFQQU1aNn

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:50 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

johnmcternan Brilliant explanation of NFTs twitter.com/labourmatters/…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:47 AM, Apr 14th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

In the short term, what this means is that I’ll be mostly shitposting this morning as I put my thoughts together. A..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…fU

These election podcasts are outside my original budget, so if you were inclined to toss a few dollars into the tip..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…LD

The working title for this series is “The 9pm Election Unhinging” and it will appear each Thursday, so that’s six e..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…pt

Thu plan: It’s a very simple plan today. I’m going to put together the first episode of an election-related podcast..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mA

Those are the figures for Wentworth Falls. It’ll be, oh, a degree or two cooler at Katoomba I suppose. You can look..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1v

It’s going to be a lovely Easter long weekend in the Blue Mountains. I should encourage you to visit because the to..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tr

In the Blue Mountains today the effects of La Niña are waning. pic.twitter.com/8zMXYPHDR1

Thursday. Is there sand where sand simply should not be? If so, it’s likely to be your fault. Examine your movement..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…RY