In Sydney NSW AU to 31 Aug

May 6th, 2022

@stufromoz We’re quite used to that. :) It’s generally below 10°C at night from about March.

via TweetDeck in reply to stufromoz

@stufromoz I wasn’t expecting it to be quite this chilly tonight.

via TweetDeck in reply to stufromoz

Back at @bunjaree after not too long a wait, but my ears are cold.

Arrived at Wentworth Falls. Waiting for transport. This is not optimal. pic.twitter.com/O1M8KrnfS2

BronteGossling On Parramatta Road. Was this… intentional@7NewsSydneyepic.twitter.com/WxVJGaOvKkKk

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:58 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@DrMobs @bastardsheep I don’t mean that, but I’ll give them the points.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DrMobs

@bastardsheep Nicely played. It doesn’t quite scan but I’ll accept it.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bastardsheep

First, they came with tractors. Then, they came with geese. pic.twitter.com/sYsPOSyhik

Reminder: More than 70% of the people who reply to your tweets are a bit thick.

CrappyFumes This was how Carlin opened the special. He just ran out and this was his first joke.
A real one.
pic.twitter.com/Y6PogU95Lb

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 8:56 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@dekrazee1 Lol OK fair point. But the footwear thing is inexcusable.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dekrazee1

@dekrazee1 So you’re both foreign and have bad fashion sense lol. ;)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to dekrazee1

@MisterABK I believe they indicate that your ancestors had chromosomes.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to MisterABK

EleanorMorton George Orwell reads his hatemail pic.twitter.com/Q6NryOokwT

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:41 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@LeanneKBailey Nope. He was elected in 2019 so he’s got another three years.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to LeanneKBailey

@sleepingdingo It’s only 6C below average for this time of year but still annoying.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to sleepingdingo

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

Oh great. This is Wentworth Falls now and I won’t be there for two hours. I don’t think I’m carrying enough warm cl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…HN

@AndyDW_ There was certainly a sense of “Yes, yes, you’re all saying how cute I am but where’s my fuckin’ beer?”

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to AndyDW_

@OdinsToenail That’s the abbreviation of the train route. Some journeys have possible use of trains on different ro..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ha

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to OdinsToenail

Don’t worry, Kids. I’ll get the 2018 train. It’s been a long day.

@benestens “CityRail”? It hasn’t been called that for years!

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to benestens

stilgherrian I was just about to draw everyone’s attention to this sentence but I see that @JohnBirmingham has already done that..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IT

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:30 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@Davelennonabc Other way around I suspect. Malcolm Roberts has been driving this aspect of PHON for years.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Davelennonabc

stilgherrian Unreasonably amused by the fact that “roe” also means fish eggs.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:22 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

stilgherrian ICYMI, I did another election podcast yesterday. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:21 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

stilgherrian Senator Malcolm Roberts, ladies and gentlemen. twitter.com/BadMedicalTake…

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 7:21 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Also, this kid’s father is seriously hot.

@Jayne13 Yeah he’s a cute kid but he is slightly overwhelmed by all the sensory inputs lol.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Jayne13

Also I am at a different pub from earlier. Pro Tip: Never have two consecutive meals at the same venue. It makes yo..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…qp

Amused by the bafflement of a 5-month-old boy who has arrived at the pub. (Don’t worry, he brought his parents.)

@CosmicRami @annie_parker @adblanche Photons via the internet! What will they think of next?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to CosmicRami

Lol.

“Star Casino executives resign in wake of inquiry into alleged money laundering and fraud”
abc.net.au/news/2022-05-0…

Then again, it may not just be a chameleon.

@DavidFengTrains Yeah that’s less of a margin than I’d have guessed. Thanks.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFengTrains

NewtonMark The NASDAQ-100 index is roughly where it was a week ago, which apparently means it’s been “slammed” in a “monumenta..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…lp

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 6:40 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@DavidFengTrains That lounge looks quite nice. How does the price of these higher-end train journeys compare to what regular folks pay?

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to DavidFengTrains

GossiTheDog Ah, I see Twitter’s soon to be CEO Elon Musk is tweeting links to Daily Mail stories about George Soros.

I can se..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…oa

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 6:36 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@JustJimWillDo I don’t watch closely but I haven’t seen Deng play wolf warrior on the twitters. He does seem to lik..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wJ

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to JustJimWillDo

Amused by the efforts of people to read SO MUCH into this tweet. Sometimes a chameleon is just a chameleon. twitter.com/China2ASEAN/st…

AnarchyCoo IF YOUR BOSS FIRES YOU, SET FIRE TO YOUR BOSS. MOO. pic.twitter.com/401Gb3AmbQ

via Anarcoo (retweeted on 6:12 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@reselsnark @lenoretaylor No I’m going to push back here. Gonzo is about the journalism of the experience. This was..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Xd

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to reselsnark

From a decade ago: “Separated at birth: Bob Katter and Ben Grubb?” stilgherrian.com/media/separate…

@reselsnark @lenoretaylor This is not gonzo journalism. Gonzo is a glorious tradition. This is just shit.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to reselsnark

@twcau That’s kinda the least thing wrong with it, but the one thing they can be pinged for.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to twcau

OK then. Errands and shopping, then a quick bite to eat, then a train back to Wentworth Falls. With shitposting all the way!

Wrapping up lunch. It is 5.26pm.

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

cameronwilson hell yeah Albo has dementia let’s goooo pic.twitter.com/6di85Rryed

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 5:22 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

jpwarren I am kinda enjoying allegedly professional political journalists showing everyone their entire arse lately.

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 5:21 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@TheNewDailyAu That’s not our backyard, @TheNewDailyAu. It’s not even in the same street. Arsehats.

@TheNewDailyAu “The archipelago of Fiji is located eastwards of Australia and takes approximately 4 hours by plane..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8V

Seriously, @TheNewDailyAu? Another sovereign nation is our backyard? No. Our backyard ends at the fence. Twelve nau..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…nJ

femaleredhead saying “have a good day”
- boring
- overused
- don’t tell me what to do

saying “enjoy the next 24 hours”
- omin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hr

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 4:52 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@GreenJ @GrogsGamut Was that the start of the genre? Surely not.

via TweetDeck in reply to GreenJ

GrogsGamut Which line is fruit

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:40 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@GrogsGamut Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

via TweetDeck in reply to GrogsGamut

@formalbeer This is a different measure. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to formalbeer

@dobes @bastardsheep Yeah the tortoises do look pretty good.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@ApeGotFire Lol I’ll leave you to search for others.

via TweetDeck in reply to ApeGotFire

aflashbak Rock and Roll Paint Guide By Pat Arthur - mid-1970s pic.twitter.com/QmMrpuYxRQ

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 4:35 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@formalbeer I’ve seen Bradbury on some chat shows. He’s not bad talent.

via TweetDeck in reply to formalbeer

@dobes @bastardsheep What do you reckon Nikki Webster knows about cyber?

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

Oh wow. John Bercow, Former Speaker of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom, AU$153. Ping @dobes.
cameo.com/johnbercow

@formalbeer Is he even still… um, active?

via TweetDeck in reply to formalbeer

@dobes @bastardsheep All that said, I will definitely be reviewing my rate card for the new financial year. FFS eve..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wp

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

@bastardsheep @dobes I’m not getting out of bed for $7.

via TweetDeck in reply to bastardsheep

@sylmobile Oh I know how to price these things. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to sylmobile

@Ng88Mr Professional head shots with makeup versus webcam at 9am because you’ve got 20 personal messages to knock off this hour.

via TweetDeck in reply to Ng88Mr

It hadn’t occurred to me before just how many runners-up in random reality TV shows there are.

To help calibrate this, Nigel Farage is £74 or AU$129 or so. thrillz.co.uk/talent/nigel.f…

At this stage I’m guessing I’m somewhere between Nikki Webster and a tortoise.

They don’t have Corey Worthington on their books, which is disappointing.

Warwick Capper AU$139. cameo.com/chappelli

Yeah I’m just trying to work out where to price myself.

TIL you can get a personalised video message from Schapelle Corby for as little as AU$42. Perfect for Mothers Day. cameo.com/schapelle.corby

“The Collateral Damage of Queen Elizabeth’s Glorious Reign”, being The New Yorker’s review of Tina Brown’s new book..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…vs

“State of play: 21% of U.S. adults now say Asian Americans are at least partly responsible for COVID — up from 11%.twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ldJ

mfarnsworth Yes, please. The fakes and the bloopers are especially prized.

Many years ago, I was responsible for a candidat..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eD

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:07 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

iSmashFizzle You don’t have to pretend someone was kind or good because they died. Everybody dies.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:04 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

cameronwilson omg! did you see that devastating gaffe? where both anthony albanese AND scott morrison both said in /front of medi..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Zj

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:50 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@voltagex Secret Jewish Space Lasers at work again.

via TweetDeck in reply to voltagex

@jsleeio @lll_3_lll_3 Given that the telesen works via EMF leakage, it should be fun. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to jsleeio

KarlSmith202 Taiwan’s pizza crimes continue unabated. pic.twitter.com/0aysX9T8Hw

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:50 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

lastpositivist While it’s clear the Teletubies worshipped the sun, it’s ambiguous to me as to whether the sun is actually a deity in their universe.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:50 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

stilgherrian Pre-poll voting opens on Monday too, so I’ll be giving myself a sausage for my birthday.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:41 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Twitter Web App)

stilgherrian Other reasons to contribute to the tip jar this week include me having to take the week off last week thanks to the..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5K

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:41 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Twitter Web App)

stilgherrian NEW PODCAST: “The 9pm Election Unhinging: Week the Fourth” (59m37s) the9pmedict.com/edict/00168/

Look for “The 9pm Edic..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WX

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:41 PM, May 6th, 2022 via Twitter Web App)

bitcoin_txt I think about Bitcoin now more than sex.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:32 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Fri plan, updated: I have equipped myself with a Campari and soda and determined that, yes, I might as well declare..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…OZ

witchofwaxhaw I want a baby so we can do things together pic.twitter.com/CVQIhYAF3l

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 1:06 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

cathywilcox1 The risk.
My @smh @theage cartoon. pic.twitter.com/8KVyNLKeSa

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:04 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@Vian1138 She’s both kinds of mother, really.

via TweetDeck in reply to Vian1138

@JonoInAotearoa Single-generation households and the “nuclear family” are inventions of the industrial age to make..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bQ

via TweetDeck in reply to JonoInAotearoa

@NewtonMark @irisherself And who can blame it? Solar energy is dangerous.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

@irisherself That is the lovely @CARROT_app which I highly recommend.

via TweetDeck in reply to irisherself

@JonoInAotearoa Ah yes, I hear NZ is getting just as bad. Same economic factors at work. Also, my pleasure.

via TweetDeck in reply to JonoInAotearoa

Ah yes, originally the Australian Festival of Light and Community Standards Organisation. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FamilyVoi… twitter.com/PPantsdown/sta…

PPantsdown @joshgnosis Kinda impressed at the coverage FamilyVoice get via their troll tactics, I mean they’re essentially two..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…WS

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:25 PM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@moylecroft Thank you, though it’s not until Monday. I’ll be celebrating it properly then by casting the first of m..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…mV

via TweetDeck in reply to moylecroft

I will have an aperitif while pondering this question, I think. I’ll head downstairs at about 1pm. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

@JonoInAotearoa @_BertHandsome Maybe. But this was when I was in my 20s and I was bouncier in those days. I think I’d just splatter now.

via TweetDeck in reply to JonoInAotearoa

@garystark @nazzer We are ALL getting old lol. Although I note that you continue to be older than I am.

via TweetDeck in reply to garystark

Meanwhile back in Queensland, we have the official statement. It’s a referral to the AFP. twitter.com/AusElectoralCo…

@_BertHandsome Having been hit by a car and gone across the bonnet into the windshield — something I don’t recommen.twitter.com/i/web/status/1…bJn

via TweetDeck in reply to _BertHandsome

@garystark That would be @nazzer’s approaching birthday. ;)

via TweetDeck in reply to garystark

@Bedeapk I am reminded of the catchphrase in “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”, namely “As your attorney I advise you to…”.

via TweetDeck in reply to Bedeapk

The pub’s app has informed me that with my birthday coming up soon I have a free bottle of wine. It is very temptin..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Q1

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@_BertHandsome Is the front of that car legal? I mean it’d push anyone it hit down under the car rather than over t..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…FM

via TweetDeck in reply to _BertHandsome

RadioFreeTom After two months of nearly flawless handling of intel, suddenly there are people in the Biden administration who ca..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…EJ

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 11:35 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@Captainturtle I don’t think so. The main limit seems to be the amount of time I have available for finding unhinged things.

via TweetDeck in reply to Captainturtle

@HartWexford Does Wade lay eggs in the Deadpool?

via TweetDeck in reply to HartWexford

Unreasonably amused by the fact that “roe” also means fish eggs.

@JamesHMcLaren Yeah, that’s where the name of the colour comes from.

via TweetDeck in reply to JamesHMcLaren

cameronwilson the vibes of this photo are terrible pic.twitter.com/SfyIMtITd7

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 11:18 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@seasallen Is there any context at all where googly eyes don’t work?

via TweetDeck in reply to seasallen

@seanpryor Lol you would be giving away $10.

via TweetDeck in reply to seanpryor

theyearofelan It should be illegal to retweet things

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:57 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Doing a podcast segment called The Hingeometer is going to be so, so easy for the next two weeks.

They’re also getting desperate in the press pack. Amazing scenes. twitter.com/EddyJokovich/s…

Lol they’re getting desperate in Warringah. twitter.com/lisa_lintern/s…

@Summer_Ash_AU @1GreenEngineer @AusElectoralCom This was a news report TODAY and it’s only just gone 10.30am. How q..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ub

via TweetDeck in reply to Summer_Ash_AU

@dobes @MatthewBevan Also Africa. Africa is a huge country.

via TweetDeck in reply to dobes

markhumphries The Coalition’s Pitch for Re-election pic.twitter.com/KSohuYBWbg

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:22 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@becadroit @JohnBirmingham I bet JB can’t name every book he’s written. Or refuses to.

via TweetDeck in reply to becadroit

WYR_bot Would you rather have a big force of professional heavy cavalry or have a big force of professional archers?

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 10:13 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@jpwarren Though they’re usually really keen to look at any change room footage that might have been captured illegally.

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

Lol yes I know, Adarsh. I’m the one who damaged it. pic.twitter.com/aPvzPqECQ6

I know people have already said that satire is dead but, you know, satire is dead. twitter.com/AltMediaWatch/…

@jpwarren Also worth refreshing their knowledge of the NSW Workplace Surveillance Act 2005. www8.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdb…..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Fj

via TweetDeck in reply to jpwarren

sexenheimer messy b’s - please stay home! twitter.com/socialistdogmo…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:53 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

From @SatPaper’s post today: “A Queensland LNP candidate [Vivian Lobo] has falsely claimed he lives in his electora..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6Z

cameronwilson ok maybe data journalism is good pic.twitter.com/ophObC4jVG

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:34 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@damana This really will by supper though. I’ll probably have an early dinner before the two-hour train journey.

via TweetDeck in reply to damana

tulpengenieter i been hacked
all my tulips worthless. dutch east india company please help me

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 9:25 AM, May 6th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@NewtonMark You know very well that it was already on fire when I got there.

via TweetDeck in reply to NewtonMark

ICYMI, I did another election podcast yesterday. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Fri plan: An easy day in Sydney with a few errands and a little shopping and lunch somewhere nice; train to Wentwor..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…QG

@MatthewBevan @NewtonMark They didn’t have photos and bios by deadline of all those write-in-the-electorate-later candidates. Lovely stuff.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to MatthewBevan

Senator Malcolm Roberts, ladies and gentlemen. twitter.com/BadMedicalTake…

It’s a delightful sunny day in Sydney today. pic.twitter.com/ClP3RWDqCS

Friday. The visitors at your door may not be human. Probe them for certainty’s sake. Friday.