In Sydney NSW AU to 31 Aug

May 30th, 2022

New Moon is RIGHT NOW at 2130 AEST.

Here’s the official Severe Weather Warning. The winds may well get even worse tonight. bom.gov.au/products/IDN21…

@bruisedmelons1 @JohnBirmingham My sense of professionalism is hurt here, but yes he will not be remembered.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to bruisedmelons1

vagina_museum In Drosophila bifurca, a single sperm cell is almost six centimetres long, which is 20 times the length of its body..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YO

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 9:13 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Histreepix The awful truth beneath every cobbled street… Liverpool, 1887. pic.twitter.com/SKXfqxPtlB

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 9:05 PM, May 30th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Histreepix Jeff Buckley, after hearing the news of his death. 1997. pic.twitter.com/MACytVnZ25

fesshole When I sit on the toilet, I always raise my hands and pretend I am holding the reins of a horse.

via fesshole (retweeted on 9:04 PM, May 30th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@seasallen We’ll get to that one in due course. :)

via TweetDeck in reply to seasallen

@seasallen It’s certainly up there, and personally I’m with Bassey, though “A View to a Kill” has its fans too.

via TweetDeck in reply to seasallen

@stibinator @WYR_bot I think it’s you that has no weapons, and you have to fight either a shark or 100 spiders. If..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2U

via TweetDeck in reply to stibinator

THIS TIME TOMORROW: Bond on Tuesday continues with the third canonical film, “Goldfinger” (1964). Details at..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Gd

WYR_bot Would you rather fight a shark with no weapons or 100 spiders?

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 8:28 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

abcnews Anthony Albanese and Labor to form majority government abc.net.au/news/2022-05-3…

via Microsoft Power Platform (retweeted on 8:06 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@AusSyndicalist I’m sure that’s a reference that many people will find amusing but I have no idea sorry.

via TweetDeck in reply to AusSyndicalist

@staticsan It’s a a solemn moment in my journeys to and from central Sydney.

via TweetDeck in reply to staticsan

New Moon is in 90 minutes at 2130 AEST.

I am told that we may well have snow some time this week. Not tonight though, It’s too windy.

@bruceh72 @CosmicRami I must confess to KSP mostly sitting unused on my computer. I seem to have lost the urge for..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0f

via TweetDeck in reply to bruceh72

WeirdMedieval rabbit attack, france, 14th century pic.twitter.com/k4Supv4IgV

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 7:15 PM, May 30th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

There’s a flood warning out for Cooks River at Tempe. pic.twitter.com/sn6FP2g28p

@Hippopeteamus Wow. I’d just arrived at Central station and was inside the waiting train when it hit. It was loud.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Hippopeteamus

Looking forward to arriving at Wentworth Falls in about 15 minutes lol. pic.twitter.com/aGq2lDIcRa

Guess when the squall line came through the Blue Mountains. pic.twitter.com/UaMm8heYjT

I have reason to believe that due to the rain Sydney’s road traffic has turned to shit. So no news there.

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets, again.

@expectproblems They really should all sit down and fasten their seat belts.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to expectproblems

@reselsnark @AbstractCode Well “people” are gutless sycophants.

via TweetDeck in reply to reselsnark

@AbstractCode You don’t not get to be either. It’s orthogonal.

via TweetDeck in reply to AbstractCode

You’d think a billionaire could afford a decent barber.

Using DMs to ruin a joke.

@scott_thewspot @dobes @web3isgreat @molly0xFFF There’s a reason the word “schadenfreude” is in the title of my lat..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…cL

via TweetDeck in reply to scott_thewspot

markhumphries Come be a contestant on Win The Week so you can completely annihilate people like me. twitter.com/craigreucassel… pic.twitter.com/On5YAfLbQU

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 4:13 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@markhumphries Oooh! I am so glad this got another series! Hurrah, @alex_c_lee @craigreucassel!

via TweetDeck in reply to markhumphries

timothyjgraham Musk is in deep trouble, I guarantee it pic.twitter.com/XvoB2S1Xyy

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:21 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@trib No, you define “gigantic”.

via TweetDeck in reply to trib

NSWHealth A free flu jab will be available to all NSW residents in a month-long blitz from June 1 in an effort to combat this..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…DN

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:41 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

Look, this is getting complicated. The big letters say THIS WEEKEND. And the graphic has the date. And yes I am pla..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0r

FREE CHEESE IN SYDNEY THIS WEEKEND THANKS TO THE EUROPEAN UNION.

“A gigantic French cheese buffet will be the cent..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wU

coolestdudeva Chinese officials trolling western conservatives is an underrated part of this website pic.twitter.com/lhgtyIC9tc

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:31 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

patstokes When you are definitely a real person and not living in a 30 second mobile game ad about zombies twitter.com/Johnson__joey/…

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 2:30 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@19bk69 @stufromoz Fair point. I got the damn ‘rona in one of my first post-lockdown pub afternoon and that was very annoying.

via TweetDeck in reply to 19bk69

@JustJimWillDo Yeah that does sound a bit much actually.

via TweetDeck in reply to JustJimWillDo

“We’re talking about 80 kgs of cheese given out every two hours.” but I’m not sure if that’s per person.

FREE CHEESE IN SYDNEY THIS WEEKEND THANKS TO THE EUROPEAN UNION.

“A gigantic French cheese buffet will be the cent..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Oq

tfswebb incidentally, peter dutton is the same age as the musician beck

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:57 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

rhysam There’s the kiss of death. twitter.com/skynewsaust/st…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:40 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

dobes Ominous warning to the people of New England twitter.com/political_aler…

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:39 PM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@misosusanowa Unfortunately I’ve left The Place Where There Are Antlers, but one set of antlers is by the same arti..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…rX

via TweetDeck in reply to misosusanowa

DarylTractor The excitement is palpable pic.twitter.com/m05bKA2Hrj

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:36 PM, May 30th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

Graunched, but no licks today.

Further alleged plans may be found in the Weekly Wrap, which is working now, along with links to all the things. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

Mon plan, remainder: 1215 back maintenance, Darlinghurst; organise Certain Things for a client; errands and lunch a..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…jv

via Twitter Web App in reply to stilgherrian

@_midofo_ @davidgerard Well, we’re finally back up now. Whew!

via TweetDeck in reply to _midofo_

My bit of the internet is working again, so you can now visit the web pages for these podcasts. twitter.com/stilgherrian/s…

@mookoridge And I believe we’re now back up.

@melbomartin No no, just a coded reference for Certain People. IYKYK.

via TweetDeck in reply to melbomartin

Fully antlered, with bonus free flu vaccine.

@BetterStuffToDo Known problem, currently being dealt with. Thanks for the heads-up.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to BetterStuffToDo

@mookoridge Correct. Sigh. It’s being dealt with. Ta for the heads-up.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to mookoridge

Approaching The Place Where There Are Antlers.

MrTimDunn Many 1950/60s nosed locos were built with govt subsidy; so govt bodies demanded input to overall designs: Most BR M..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…zX

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 10:31 AM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

westaustralian The front page of Monday’s The West Australian. pic.twitter.com/DBhqGDAy6f

via Buffer (retweeted on 10:31 AM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

@mjarkell You could also put a fried egg on top.

via TweetDeck in reply to mjarkell

Passing the Hill of Dead Pets.

thebannerbright He pulled it, still beating, from the chest of a refugee twitter.com/hughriminton/s… pic.twitter.com/RZcmvc4tBM

via Tweetbot for iΟS (retweeted on 9:12 AM, May 30th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@PSyvret @damovisa Wow. I mean, we’re all used to what we’re used to, but obviously I’m finding this hilarious.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to PSyvret

@damovisa Lol I know. Last time I was in Brisbane the max temp was 19C and people were wearing coats and scarves. I wore a t-shirt.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to damovisa

@Starshark668 Good point. Even those bootleg recordings of his appearances at his local church are just the usual tumble of words.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Starshark668

@kymtje I’d forgotten about that! Which works out better than doing regular corporate gigs. I wonder if he’ll go th..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Sm

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to kymtje

Neither is “tortoise”, “dishwasher”, “burrito”, or “laxative”. twitter.com/jilevin/status…

This is not what “celebrity pulling power” means.

And those fees are just for speaking. No “extras”, not even a quick wristie.

Lol my phone just tried to autocarrot my fat-fingered “Tony Abbott” to “Tony Annoying”.

John Howard’s minimum fee is $40,000, and I think Tony Abbott is the same.

This pricing seems about right. If you want a former US president or UK PM and guest speaker you’re up for six figu..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YS

pndc And if anybody wants to start a “computers with threatening auras” bot, this Russian-built suitcase nuke/C64 is a d..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…ju

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 7:49 AM, May 30th, 2022 via Tweetbot for iΟS)

@alexkidman I was wondering if you’d remembered. :)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to alexkidman

@hardy_bm Lol at a ground speed of about 40 knots. :)

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to hardy_bm

@miranda_maybe The trick is leaving plenty of room in the plan. I assume I’ll snooze the alarm, faff about before h..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5d

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to miranda_maybe

with an early morning spray. Yes, I’m catching an earlier train than planned because I was Ready. pic.twitter.com/9etWxXSBqD

@Wyld Yeah one week in and it’s already gone to the dogs. I bet the Sun will be up even later next week.

via Tweetbot for iΟS in reply to Wyld

Why is the Sun not up yet?

Geordetroiter Loving this tribute to Gadaffi pic.twitter.com/WzEMZCcl6y

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 6:30 AM, May 30th, 2022 via TweetDeck)

I will also say that I made THREE podcasts on Thu, Sat, and Sun. This thread contains the details. The web pages do..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…PD

Normally I would say that further alleged plans may be found in the Weekly Wrap, and I will say that. However stilg..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4O

Mon plan: 0824 train to Sydney; various coordination tasks en route; 1045 GP, Hyde Park; 1215 back maintenance, Dar..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YC

It’s cold in the Blue Mountains this morning, and later it will be moist and windy. There have been better days. pic.twitter.com/7j1pfdzNeL

Monday. Prepare for visitors. They may be friendly. They may not be friendly. Either way, you must conceal your def..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…W1