My week of Monday 30 November to Sunday 6 December 2015 went reasonably well. Although I didn’t do things exactly as predicted last week, there was enough progress to make me happy.
In the interests of getting this posted on schedule, I’ll go straight to the list…
- Corrupted Nerds Conversations 15: Leslie Nassar discusses the news. The good Mr Nassar and I decided to see how we’d work together in podcast form. We think it turned out OK. Would you like more like this?
- Why is hacking so easy and security so hard?, ABC Radio National, 4 December 2015. While it bears my byline, this article was actually edited by Radio National staff from the transcript of my Future Tense documentary, Bug bounties and pentesting: the Wild West of online security.
- On Tuesday, I spoke about the VTech hack on ABC 612 Brisbane.
- On Wednesday, I spoke about the VTech hack on Kinderling Radio.
- On Wednesday evening, I took part in a panel discussion at the launch of the Sydney chapter of Electronic Frontiers Australia. The only recording is a very rough one for my own reference, so sorry, you won’t be hearing it.
Should 5at5 eventually reappear, you’ll know about it if you subscribe.
- On Wednesday, I went to VMware’s end-of-year drinks at O Bar and Dining, Australia Square. Apart from canapés and champagne, I pocketed a pen. They so pwn me now.
The Week Ahead
On Monday, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull will be making some sort of announcement regarding innovation, so I suspect I’ll be writing something for ZDNet. If not, well, there’s a thousand tasks of administrivia I need to deal with.
On Tuesday, I’m heading to Sydney for a medical appointment, an interview, and NetSuite’s end-of-year drinks. I’m then heading to the ABC’s Sydney studios to do a spot on ABC 774 Melbourne at 1900 AEDT.
Wednesdayetime=”2015-12-09T03:11:37+00:00″>Thursday, I’ll finally be producing that episode of The 9pm Edict podcast, tentatively titled “The 9pm Garden of Hate”, in which I’ll finish off all of the sponsored content that I owe my supporters. I plan to stream that recording session live at 2100 AEDT. On Thursday, I’m heading to Sydney again for a medical appointment, amongst other things, and probably writing for ZDNet en route.
Friday will see me doing whatever remains to be done, .
I’ll record a “2015 Wrap” episode of the Corrupted Nerds podcast some time in the week beginning Monday 14 December.
The next episode of The 9pm Public House Forum, similar to the first one, will be recorded on the afternoon of Saturday 19 December. The venue will be confirmed in a few days, but it’s now looking like it’ll be somewhere in Sydney’s inner west.
I’ll also produce “2015 Wrap” episode of the Edict some time between Christmas and New Year.
[Update 9 December 2015: Edited to reflect schedule changes.]
[Photo: Railway Parade near Wentworth Falls. On the last day of spring, the yellow flowers of the Coreopsis lanceolata are everywhere. They’re a weed, but pretty nonetheless.]