- Who leaked the idea of ASD spying on Australians, and why?, ZDNet Australia, 30 April 2018. I wrote that piece when this story about the Australian Signals Directorate was only beginning to unfold. The Saturday Paper had a detailed front-page story yesterday, Cabinet split on Dutton’s ASD plan.
- “Announcing ‘The 9pm Brisbane Forum’”, being an audio promo for the Pozible campaign of the same name. You can also listen to it on Speaker or SoundCloud. Do please consider pledging your support if you want the podcasts listed below to happen.
Media Appearances, Corporate Largesse
The Week Ahead
The next few weeks continue to see me based in Ashfield, Sydney, working through the Crikey project, and writing for ZDNet much as usual. I hope to get some walking in, however, and I might post some stuff about the places I visit, including photos.
The next episode of The 9pm Edict, will be recorded and streamed live
this Thursday 10 at 2100 AEST.
Other things I’ve pencilled in:
- Cyber Leaders 2018, Sydney, 15 May.
- AusCERT Cyber Security Conference, Gold Coast, 30 May to 1 June.
- The 9pm Edict Public House Forum 7, Brisbane, Saturday 2 June. (TBC)
- Record an episode of The 9pm Probe with author and columnist John Birmingham, Brisbane, Monday 4 June. (TBC)
- Building Australia’s Strategy for Space, Canberra, 13–15 June.
- SINET 61, Melbourne, 31 July – 1 August. (TBC)
- D61+ LIVE, Brisbane, 18–19 September. (TBC)
- Australian Cyber Conference, formerly the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference, Melbourne, 9–11 October.
Update 8 May 2018: Edited to reflect change in podcast recording date.
[Photo: The Eye of Gathgwyn, the cat I’m currently cat-sitting in Ashfield, Sydney, photographed on 5 May 2018.]