My week of Monday 22 to Sunday 28 July 2019 was yet another one largely devoted to supporting my friend — so there isn’t much to report here — but things are progressing well enough.
I didn’t get around to recording a quick solo podcast, but there’s a chance that could still happen early in the coming week. But I did catch up with a friend for drinks, so obviously that ended well.
Articles, Podcasts, Media Appearances
None. But I’ve written a piece for ZDNet that will appear on Monday, and I’ve done some prep for a podcast that may or may not appear very soon.
- On Tuesday there were snacks at the Lowy Institute, as usual. Maybe this should just be assumed. There were cured meats. Nice.
The Week Ahead
Monday contains some media work as hinted, plus one appointment for Health Patrol.
On Tuesday there’s a press lunch with some so-called “cybersecurity leaders”. I daresay a story will come out of that for ZDNet.
On Wednesday I’m returning to the Blue Mountains after more than three weeks down in Sydney on Health Patrol. My friend will be heading up there too, to enjoy the peace and quiet, which is obviously part of Health Patrol too.
A new episode ofÂ The 9pm Edict Â podcast with Nicholas Fryer will be recorded on Thursday and posted on Friday. Update 31 July 2018: Postponed one week. The 9pm Edict will be recorded on Thursday 8 August and posted the following day.
This podcast is supported by the generosity of its listeners. PleaseÂ subscribe for special benefitsÂ orÂ throw a few coins into the tip jar.
Here’s what’s planned beyond that. Please let me know if there’s anything I should add. Send airline tickets.
Xi Jinping: The Backlash , Lowy Institute, 8 August 2019.
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, Sydney, 19â€“20 August 2019.
- I’ll be in Adelaide from 30 August to 2 September, should you need me for anything.
- APNIC 48, Chiang Mai, 10â€“12 September 2019. I’ll enter Thailand through Bangkok on Wednesday 4 September, though, and spend a few day there before catching the daytime train up to Chiang Mai on Sunday 8.
- Australian Cyber Conference 2019, Melbourne, 8â€“10 October 2019. The excellent Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference is now rolled into this event.
- iapp ANZ Summit 2019, Sydney, 29â€“30 October 2019 (TBC). That’s the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
[Photo: Flinders 6 & 7. A grubby and broken tiled wall near the ramp leading to platforms 6 and 7 at Flinders Street station, Melbourne, photographed on 31 July 2018. As usual when I post a photo from so long ago, it means I didn’t take anything worth posting in the current week.]