My week of Monday 2 to Sunday 8 September 2019 was another one where there was little productive to show you, Gentle Reader, but that was the plan. Adelaide and Bangkok were wonderful changes of scenery, as it were.
Both of these trips also involved catching up with dear friends I hadn’t seen in ages. That always triggers some introspection, doesn’t it, and these were not exceptions. Whether I write about that or not is another question.
Maybe I should write more personal things again, as I used to in the distant past.
As I write this I’m onÂ Train No. 7, the only daytime train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Itâ€™s the first time Iâ€™ve headed north from Bangkok, and I’m enjoying it. I’ve been posting photos on Twitter, and eventually they’ll all be collected in this thread.
Articles, Podcasts, Media Appearances
- My flight from Sydney to Bangkok on Wednesday was paid for by APNIC, the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, but I’ll bundle further details of that into my Corporate Largesse list next week.
The Week Ahead
The entire week will be spent in Chiang Mai, Thailand, though it’s primarily a work trip.
On Monday morning I’ll be writing for ZDNet, and then it’s a prep day before covering the APNIC 48 conference Tuesday through Thursday.
Friday will be a mix of writing for ZDNet and relaxation, before the weekend off.
I’ll fly out of Chiang Mai on Sunday afternoon local time, having an early dinner in the Thai Airways lounge at Bangkok airpot before continuing overnight to Sydney.
Here’s what’s planned beyond that. Please let me know if there’s anything I should add. Send airline tickets.
- Some media event for Yubico, Sydney, 24 September 2019.
- Australian Cyber Conference 2019, Melbourne, 8â€“10 October 2019. The excellent Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Conference is now rolled into this event.
- iapp ANZ Summit 2019, Sydney, 29â€“30 October 2019 (TBC). That’s the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- Gala dinner celebrating 30 Years of the Internet in Australia, Sydney, 31 October 2019.
[Photo: Urban Decay in Bangkok’s Chinatown, photographed on 6 September 2019.]