Monday 6 to Sunday 12 April 2020 was another week of isolation, but it seems that I’m starting to settle into a new pattern. Is this good? Or bad?
- “The 9pm His Plague Diary 5”, being The 9pm Edict episode 101 recorded on Saturday. It’s also on Spreaker and SoundCloud, as well as Apple Podcasts (and the link on the web page has been fixed), Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, and Spotify.
- On Monday I appeared on the Joy 94.9 current affairs program The Informer Daily in an episode titled Zoombombing, conspiracy theories and Eurovision 2020 cancelled – what’s a fan to do?. I spoke about the first two.
- Not an article as such, but on Sunday I did a long Twitter thread of tips for setting up your podcast tech.
None, but thanks as always to the new and returning supporters who hit the tip jar.
The Week Ahead
The isolation continues at Bunjaree Cottages at Wentworth Falls. Monday is Easter Monday. That won’t be anything special this year, so I’ll be writing for ZDNet. In the evening I’ll also add to that Twitter thread.
That ZDNet writing thing might also happen on Tuesday.
Wednesday Thursday will probably be my day of errands.
I’ll do another podcast in there somewhere, as the mood strikes. Probably on Saturday.
There’s nothing much else scheduled for the rest of the week. In fact there’s nothing scheduled for the next three weeks. This is our world now.
It remains to be seen how many of these events will still be happening.
- Australian Cyber Conference, Canberra, 6–7 May 2020 (TBC).
- AusCERT 2020 Cyber Security Conference, Gold Coast, 15–18 September 2020 (TBC).
- Australian Cyber Conference, Melbourne, 27-29 October 2020 (TBC).
Please let me know if there’s anything I should add. I doubt that there is, but it’s worth asking.
[Photo: Auburn Gallipoli Mosque in Auburn, Sydney, photographed from a passing train on 10 April 2020. I just realised that some people might think that posting a photo of a mosque at Easter is making Some Sort Of Statement. No, I just wanted to use a photo that I’d taken this week that wasn’t about that damn virus,]