My week of Monday 30 March to Sunday 5 April 2020 was a psychological transition, really, from the Beforetimes to the Quarantimes. The only productive thing I accomplished was a podcast, but I think it’s a good podcast. Oh, and the Serbia thing.
- â€œThe 9pm His Plague Diary 4â€, being The 9pm Edict episode 100 recorded on Saturday. Itâ€™s also on Spreaker and SoundCloud, as well as Apple Podcasts, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, and Spotify.
The 9pm Edict podcast is supported by the generosity of its listeners. Please subscribe for special benefits or throw a few coins into the tip jar.
- One of my tweets was cited in a story at National Geographic Srbija, Gde i car ide peÅ¡ke: Å ta su ljudi koristili pre pojave toalet papira?. It’s about Captain Bumstick. No, really.
Articles, Corporate Largesse
None, but thanks once more to the new and returning supporters who hit the tip jar.
The Week Ahead
The isolation continues at Bunjaree Cottages at Wentworth Falls. I’m accepting that this is likely to continue for some months. I’m still not terribly inspired when it comes to writing.
Wednesday will be about monitoring certain Ongoing Situations, including a sitting of the Australian Parliament; a Lowy Institute online thingy US-China rivalry in the coronavirus era; and the weekly shopping in Katoomba.
Friday is Good Friday, the start of the Easter long weekend, but I’ll be taking a day trip to Sydney for some back maintenance. I daresay I’ll have some Thoughts during and after that. Expect a podcast.
Update 9 April 2020: Since I’m going to be stuck inside, on the weekend I’ll record another podcast and get something written for ZDNet. Probably in that order.
It remains to be seen how many of these events will still be happening.
- Australian Cyber Conference, Canberra, 6â€“7 May 2020 (TBC).
- CHANGED DATE: AusCERT 2020 Cyber Security Conference, Gold Coast, 15â€“18 September 2020 (TBC).
- Australian Cyber Conference, Melbourne, 27-29 October 2020 (TBC).
Please let me know if thereâ€™s anything I should add. I doubt that there is, but it’s worth asking.
[Photo: Empty V-Set. The interior of an empty V-Set InterCity train in the Blue Mountains during the coronavirus lockdown, photographed on 2 April 2020..]