Australia’s Treasurer Joe Hockey wins new friends in Western Australia. Russell Crowe says something sensible. And Woolworths backs down after having created an Anzac Day promotional campaign that wasn’t sensible at all. On Facebook. Serious.
In this podcast, there’s talk of Anzac Day, budgets, boat races, and cheetahs. But nothing about Florida at all.
- ‘I wish I had the revenue coming into the budget that Peter Costello had’: Hockey, ABC Radio’s AM, 14 April 2015.
- Woolworths agency in hiding after disastrous Anzac advertising campaign, Sydney Morning Herald, 15 April 2015.
- Wikipedia entries for Anzac Day and the Gallipoli Campaign.
- “Camp Gallipoli – Australia” TV commercial.
- Camp Gallipoli official website.
- Australian Crawl’s Downhearted, with James Reyne, nicked from YouTube.
- Minister says Woolies was not authorised to use the word ‘Anzac’ in failed campaign, Nine News, 15 April 2015.
- Turkish tribute to Aussie diggers, Seven News, 13 April 2015.
- WWF Australia’s “Free Cone Day” tweet.
- Child falls into Cheetah exhibit at Cleveland Zoo, WKYC, 12 April 2015.
- Tweets from Chris Samuels about Anzac Day’s focus on Gallipoli, Australia’s casualty levels at the Battle of Fromelles, and how rapid that was.
- Russell Crowe interview, Seven’s Sunday Night, 23 November 2014.
- ‘Gallipoli was an invasion’: Australians React, ABC News, 7 April 2015.
- My Anzac Day posts Anzac Day Rememberings from 2008, and Anzac Day 2009: Sacrifice.
- The 9pm Edict theme by mansardian via The Freesound Project.
- Edict fanfare by neonaeon, via The Freesound Project.
- Elephant Stamp theme by Joshua Mehlman.
- Photograph of the Trinity atmospheric nuclear test, July 1945, by the US Government via Wikimedia Commons.
[Photo: Screenshot of WKYC TV news story listed above.]